• Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Because one is currently backing gun control and the other isn't

Are you referring to this NRA statement?

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

I don't see this as backing gun control. If you know that Slide Fire asked BATFE if their stocks conformed to law and was approved and then say that BATFE should review and see if the stocks conform, do you believe that BATFE will say they don't conform to law? I thought it was a brilliant hoodwink. Believe what you want. They are not backing any new gun control laws.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    I'm sticking with the NRA. All gun owners have benefited from their efforts, whether you support them or some other RKBA organization. Are they perfect in every conceivable way? Nope. But what large, effective, high-profile civil rights organization is? To me they have the best combination of longevity/name rec, numbers, membership, organization, resources, and raw political power to leverage the best results for all of us.

We're going to need all of these things, and more, as the gun control crowd continues ramping up following the Florida shooting.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Are you referring to this NRA statement?

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

I don't see this as backing gun control. If you know that Slide Fire asked BATFE if their stocks conformed to law and was approved and then say that BATFE should review and see if the stocks conform, do you believe that BATFE will say they don't conform to law? I thought it was a brilliant hoodwink. Believe what you want. They are not backing any new gun control laws.

The problem isn't bump stocks. The problem is it is ANY RATE INCREASING DEVICES. There is not a standard rate of fire for a semi auto. So when we get another gun grabber in office it could easily include after market triggers like geiselle and 30 round magazines.

Not one more inch

If you stay silent when they come for bump stocks they take bump stocks. Eventually they'll go on down the line until there is nothing left to take. Fight for everything and compromise on nothing.

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    I'm still not pleased that the NRA's American Rifleman magazine runs ads for Springfield Armory. You remember SA and Rock River Arms selling out Illinois gunowners and in essence the 2A... However, I still renew my membership each year. They are better than nothing.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Those who choose to go out of their way to trash the NRA should focus on getting their favored organization to fix what the NRA doesn't do to their liking.

Otherwise they make themselves look unattractive, as they do the organization they back. :twocents:

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    A question for those who were around for the summer study and hearings on constitutional carry-Which group or groups did you see there meeting with lesilators? NRA? GOA? Others?
    The ones that were here are the ones I want to support!!!!!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Send it to GOA, not the NRA. You're doing nothing but paying Wayne Lapierres 5 million dollar salary.

NRA is full of FUDDs and is compromising our rights.

Yeah, screw capitalism.

If he does his job, and is worth it, what do I care? The NRA gets things done.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Send it to GOA, not the NRA. You're doing nothing but paying Wayne Lapierres 5 million dollar salary.

NRA is full of FUDDs and is compromising our rights.

I joined the GOA a while back. The very first communication I got from them was nothing but bad-mouthing the NRA. I did not and will not renew with them until they come to the realization that they need to cooperate not compete. I don't think they know how to play the game. The NRA understands that you don't just waltz into a legislative body and tell them what they are going to do. That pretty much ensures the bill you are pushing dies in committee.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The NRA is the first and only organization mentioned by people protesting and demanding gun control. Why? Because they are the 800 lb gorilla. Not perfect but the best defense we have.

2nd admendment foundation has shown success or at least supports the pro gun agenda in the courts.

Other then “no more compromising” I haven’t seen or heard much out of other groups.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I joined the GOA a while back. The very first communication I got from them was nothing but bad-mouthing the NRA. I did not and will not renew with them until they come to the realization that they need to cooperate not compete. I don't think they know how to play the game. The NRA understands that you don't just waltz into a legislative body and tell them what they are going to do. That pretty much ensures the bill you are pushing dies in committee.

The NRA doesn't represent all gun owners. A true comprehensive gun owner organization, IMO, sho focus solely on gun rights, and avoid getting themselves in political squabbles. The NRA doesn't do that. The NRA has sold gun owners down the river before, and were on the verge of doing it again, after Vegas. I'm not a fan. The NRA isn't a gun organization, it's a political organization, that uses the 2nd Amendment to push agendas that have nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.

mhampton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Like it or not, gun rights IS a political issue as well as a constitutional issue. All of the gun organizations have to realize they are on the same team. They may just have to play slightly different positions with their focus on local/state/national fronts.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The biggest thing that we need an organization to lobby Congress over is teaching future generations the core values that are in the constitution and the laws and rules of our country. Make no mistake, it is no accident that liberals have taken patriotism out of our schools and also what our founders stood for and believed

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    The NRA doesn't represent all gun owners. A true comprehensive gun owner organization, IMO, sho focus solely on gun rights, and avoid getting themselves in political squabbles. The NRA doesn't do that. The NRA has sold gun owners down the river before, and were on the verge of doing it again, after Vegas. I'm not a fan. The NRA isn't a gun organization, it's a political organization, that uses the 2nd Amendment to push agendas that have nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.

Like what?

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I have been a member since 97 and while i do not agree with everything they say, their voice in dc does help up. I wouldnt want to think about where our rights would be if there was no collective voice to speak on our behalf, when emotions run high, after these senseless shootings. And yes they could do a better job on some things for sure.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I mean a member of all three of that is getting ANYTHING done, the NRA.!and another. Do I like the Fuddian stance they take, NO! But my GOA and SAF memberships have shown no real results over the past few years. Mother**** the NRA all you want, but realize, the other “two” COMBINED, don’t make two squirts of **** difference.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’ve said it in numerous threads, the left doesn’t have to defeat “us”, we will eat our own! American gun owners are their own worst enemy!! We as INGO prove it near daily! Croy is proving it now, disingenuous disinformation!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I mean a member of all three of that is getting ANYTHING done, the NRA.!and another. Do I like the Fuddian stance they take, NO! But my GOA and SAF memberships have shown no real results over the past few years. Mother**** the NRA all you want, but realize, the other “two” COMBINED, don’t make two squirts of **** difference.

Other than that the other two haven't ever been supportive of any gun restrictions that I've ever heard. The NRA can't say that.

Top Bottom