Dec 30, 2012
    tumblr_m4x76wigrK1qej7ivo5_500.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    OK people. Lets keep this in check. I had a red headed stripper girl friend that did not need to ask anyone for help. She was capable of cutting you up on her own. Grow a set people.

That's the thing with social media.
    Before someone would maybe show up and just fight you or slash your tires.

Now they get hoards of psychopaths to call your employer and get you fired and made unhirable by any company out there.

A cut or a bruised eye will heal. For ever being labeled a toxic employee that will damage the company's reputation... That doesn't heal.
    Still amazes me how this process hasn't sparked legislation to protect workers against such nonsense.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Rhino doesn’t need anyone to threaten to cut him. He’ll do it himself.

Speaking of Rhino. Haven’t seen him around here lately.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Still amazes me how this process hasn't sparked legislation to protect workers against such nonsense.

I'm curious what that legislation would look like.

Do you know of any proposal to that affect that wouldn't trample some constitutional right?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm curious what that legislation would look like.

Do you know of any proposal to that affect that wouldn't trample some constitutional right?

"An employee can not be fired for views expressed outside of their workplace."

Pretty simple, isn't it? Allow employees to sue the company if they're fired under such pretexts.

Too many companies want to control your life outside of work as it is, that really should be dialed back. Especially when it limits your constitutional right to speech and expression.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    From what I’ve seen on FB, they won’t do anything about people like that. PoPo probably won’t do anything, but I would call and see if they would take a report, so you have done what you can.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "An employee can not be fired for views expressed outside of their workplace."

Pretty simple, isn't it? Allow employees to sue the company if they're fired under such pretexts.

Too many companies want to control your life outside of work as it is, that really should be dialed back. Especially when it limits your constitutional right to speech and expression.

^^^^^^^^^This....Totally^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No stretch of the imagination to see.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You can report her to FB for inciting violence against you. I doubt if the police would be inclined to get involved. They have their hands full lately.
    Seems like there are stories about the police visiting people for stuff they say on Facebook.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    From what I’ve seen on FB, they won’t do anything about people like that. PoPo probably won’t do anything, but I would call and see if they would take a report, so you have done what you can.
    This would be my suggestion too. Making threats online against a specific person is something that should get them a visit from the local Popo.

Top Bottom