• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    "An employee can not be fired for views expressed outside of their workplace."

Pretty simple, isn't it? Allow employees to sue the company if they're fired under such pretexts.

Too many companies want to control your life outside of work as it is, that really should be dialed back. Especially when it limits your constitutional right to speech and expression.

So every opinion becomes a protected class? I think that causes way more problems than it fixes.

Say a plumber spends his evenings on a street corner with a "Pedophiles for lowering the age of consent to 8" sign. His employer has to keep him on staff? If there were a plumbing company employing that guy, I would never call them. Their business could be measurably damaged by keeping him in the company uniform.

Or are boycotts going to be illegal too?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    A BLM local took offensive to me posting a video of the Hodgetwins on BLM. Was notified she whats action against me because they saw her FB page. So I looked it up, right on FB she says for someone to come after me. One guy responded and she said....."I will send you more info on him so you can go cut the mother." I screen shot all of it so too late to take down....not worried...LOL. But ticks me off about these "peaceful" idiots.....but its FB and freedom of speech and all...I posted it all on my page just for the future in case something happens and called her out on it. Just wondering if any other steps need to be takin like notifying police...? Seems threats are only freedom of speech so until your attacked its useless to do anything. Ya I know...."Thats why I don't do FB..." But I do so get over it....LOL.
    We are constantly reminded what a snake pit social media is and I for one am happy to live my life without it. I know I'm disadvantaged but I am surviving without Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the rest of the social media swamp. Interacting with people I have met and actually know is much more rewarding.
    I encourage everyone to give it a try, you might discover how little social media contributes to your happiness and well being.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think FB is outstanding for me and what primarily want to use it for. Keep your friends list to people you know and want to communicate with. I use it to dazzle family and friends with tales and pictures of my grandkids. Now I am keeping everyone up to date on the wife. It is easier than calling people to talk about stuff that is hard to talk about.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dunno, but you know what they say about fools who bring a knife to a gunfight.

Ignore it but be aware. And dont say anything about it to them. ("good luck with that", etc) No reason to make him aware that he's bringing a knife to a gun fight. LOL

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    "An employee can not be fired for views expressed outside of their workplace."

Pretty simple, isn't it? Allow employees to sue the company if they're fired under such pretexts.

Too many companies want to control your life outside of work as it is, that really should be dialed back. Especially when it limits your constitutional right to speech and expression.

This is a reason why At Will is used in States that have it, an employer simply says your services are no longer needed here... No more needs to be said....

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    Public smear campaigns and attempts to get people fired for things they post are increasing at an alarming rate. It's best to either delete social media, or stick to posting pictures of food and cute kittens.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    We are constantly reminded what a snake pit social media is and I for one am happy to live my life without it. I know I'm disadvantaged but I am surviving without Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the rest of the social media swamp. Interacting with people I have met and actually know is much more rewarding.
    I encourage everyone to give it a try, you might discover how little social media contributes to your happiness and well being.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

I have nearly given up social media while working to become a Catholic and it’s been great period n my life.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So every opinion becomes a protected class? I think that causes way more problems than it fixes.

Say a plumber spends his evenings on a street corner with a "Pedophiles for lowering the age of consent to 8" sign. His employer has to keep him on staff? If there were a plumbing company employing that guy, I would never call them. Their business could be measurably damaged by keeping him in the company uniform.

Or are boycotts going to be illegal too?

Some people have better things to do than vet every employee of every service industry they're shopping for, to make sure every employee conforms to their personal political views.

I'd say the amount of people who do this are such a ridiculous minority, it would make zero difference for profits.
    In a few years the goalposts will have shifted so far, having lived in a county that voted red will eventually be a reason to deny employment.

I've already heard of cases where following the wrong person on social media is grounds to get you fired from your job.

I don't wish to live in a CCP style dystopia. This is absolutely no different.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Funny.
    They're mad you listened to, and posted, someone in the "category" they supposedly support.

And I've had a "few" problems with ex-boyfriends of girls I've dated.
    I sure can pick the ones with problems.
    Anyway, I've posted a message, screen shot saved and shared with others, to be used at the trial.
    A message to FB about the threat.
    And then block the person.

Of course, they can start a new account with a new name.
    Set privacy to friends only.
    And don't accept friend requests from just anyone.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, when it comes to women with knives, look out for frying pans.
    Cast iron does more damage, but easier to duck.

Course, hard to duck the phone which was ripped off the wall.
    Never saw it coming.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Never saw it coming.

Frying pans AND a wall phone? Was she from Washington County?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Never saw it coming.

I had a Great Uncle Duck on my Dad's side of the family. He got the name as one would expect. One day his wife saw fit to swing a frying pan at his head and one of the nephews yelled, "Uncle, duck!"

Top Bottom