• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Glad that works for you but I find FB no different than a debate here on INGO...same thing imho. I don't know hardly anyone in person on here and would guess its the same for many. So then its no different. I like feedom of speech and like to call out people on there lies, social media is just one of the things we have....you know like the news we watch. I don't mind a good scrap with a democrat about a range of issues. It doesn't make me unhappy or sad....I like it....maybe like some guys on here debate whether one it the pipe is too dangerous or if open carry is wrong....FB is no different, to each his own.

If you hardly know any INGOers in real life then you're doing it wrong.

There are plenty of meet and shoots, meet and eats, training events, political rallies and the like to meet people. I've meet dozens of INGOers in the real world over the years and almost all of them have been good, upstanding folks.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    CCP-style dystopia would be if government told business owners who they must employ (as you're calling for). Private business owners should be able to choose who represents their company.

Would I fire someone for having different political beliefs than I have? Nope. Never have, never will. (I do have employees, and I have had to fire a few over the years.) Would I fire someone for doing something that reflected poorly on my business, whether than something was political or not? Possibly, yes, even if it's done on their own time. Especially if potential customers care.

I employ people to solve problems for me, not to cause problems.

Interesting concept. Let's say you are a Taco Bell franchisee. Let's say a customer facing employee insists on wearing a Black Live Matter logo face mask at work. Let's say you, the franchise holder, think that reflects poorly on your business and fire the employee, who then becomes a woke cause célèbre and there is talk of organizing a boycott by the mob

So far everything is within the bounds of free speech, but then corporate undercuts the franchisee by declaring employees are welcome to wear BLM logo clothing at work. Are you really free to fire an employee that you feel doesn't favorably reflect upon your business or is there a woke exemption for that? Do you think it would go the same for a MAGA themed face mask? How about a stars and bars one?
    It hasn't meant 'The South Will Rise Again' for ages. In current context it pretty much means '**** you, you're not the boss of me' but is a handy symbol to demonize to feed the 'racism is everywhere' narrative. Like the reversed peace sign from brits has come to mean '**** you', not 'see, your threat to mutilate my bow hand was an empty threat'.

Free speech has to mean free for everybody or it only means 'you're free to agree with the current whims of the mob'

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I deal with those by un-following their feed. After some time, they will become un-friended. Since this whole Minnesota mess started, I have a friend that has turned into, or at least started showing their serious SJW. Unfollowed.

My friends list is under 110 people btw.

Normally there is just an occasional blip against Trump, or a liberal comment. But last night she was off her meds. Probably the two ideologies creating a massive feedback loop given his speech last night.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Interesting concept. Let's say you are a Taco Bell franchisee. Let's say a customer facing employee insists on wearing a Black Live Matter logo face mask at work. Let's say you, the franchise holder, think that reflects poorly on your business and fire the employee, who then becomes a woke cause célèbre and there is talk of organizing a boycott by the mob

So far everything is within the bounds of free speech, but then corporate undercuts the franchisee by declaring employees are welcome to wear BLM logo clothing at work.

I would bet that the franchise agreement contract covers which entity controls branding and employee uniforms.

The local franchisee is definitely welcome to allow or disallow whatever he wants. There just may be consequences for that based on contractual agreements, including potentially losing the privilege to use someone else's brand, marketing, business processes, and supply chain.

Are you really free to fire an employee that you feel doesn't favorably reflect upon your business or is there a woke exemption for that? Do you think it would go the same for a MAGA themed face mask? How about a stars and bars one?
    It hasn't meant 'The South Will Rise Again' for ages. In current context it pretty much means '**** you, you're not the boss of me' but is a handy symbol to demonize to feed the 'racism is everywhere' narrative. Like the reversed peace sign from brits has come to mean '**** you', not 'see, your threat to mutilate my bow hand was an empty threat'.

Yes, one symbol can have multiple meanings, and the meaning can shift over time.

That particular symbol is not going to lose its racist connotation in my lifetime.

Free speech has to mean free for everybody or it only means 'you're free to agree with the current whims of the mob'

Yes, free from the government for everyone.
    Your fellow citizen maintains the freedom to choose not to do business with any particular person for nearly any reason.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    According to the caption of the pic:

The arena is seen just seven minutes before the doors were scheduled to close on Saturday.

But really, this proves nothing. They admit they sabotaged it, and if it were not for their sabotage, the fact is, the arena would have been packed full. As victories go, it was a fail in my book

He had something like a million viewers online.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    This is some wisdom right here. Limit friends, stay out of the politics and don't get sucked into volatile conversations. FB is for following friend and family and that's about it.

I'm all for using it to keep up with friends and family, even the occasional relative. However, I do enjoy heading over there with my big ol' stirring spoon every now and again just for the entertainment. Sometimes I am amazed at how little it takes to get keyboard warriors riled up.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would bet that the franchise agreement contract covers which entity controls branding and employee uniforms.

The local franchisee is definitely welcome to allow or disallow whatever he wants. There just may be consequences for that based on contractual agreements, including potentially losing the privilege to use someone else's brand, marketing, business processes, and supply chain.

Yes, one symbol can have multiple meanings, and the meaning can shift over time.

That particular symbol is not going to lose its racist connotation in my lifetime.

Yes, free from the government for everyone.
    Your fellow citizen maintains the freedom to choose not to do business with any particular person for nearly any reason.

They can't be my fellow citizens, because the country they describe is not the one I live in

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm all for using it to keep up with friends and family, even the occasional relative. However, I do enjoy heading over there with my big ol' stirring spoon every now and again just for the entertainment. Sometimes I am amazed at how little it takes to get keyboard warriors riled up.

Yeah guilty as charged here. I have been in FB jail a couple of times and got banned form the 1911 Forum over there.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    They can't be my fellow citizens, because the country they describe is not the one I live in

Wow. Saying the quiet part loudly and proudly.

It's no wonder large groups of Americans feel like your Party (the one you told me that I'm not welcome in) doesn't care about them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow. Saying the quiet part loudly and proudly.

It's no wonder large groups of Americans feel like your Party (the one you told me that I'm not welcome in) doesn't care about them.

I really think this was done more in a scenically way than how he actually feels. I could be wrong but you 2 guys need to go have lunch. Get drunk and hook it out with the nerf gloves. I will video feed it to live stream. We could be onto something here.

Did you catch the off beat humor there. Bug did you.
    Settle down you 2. Every freaking thread you guys get in together. Settle down. Hell I will buy the cheeseburgers but the beer is on you 2.....:):

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've been laughing at this thread title since I saw it.
    My brother, cousin, and another guy were coming home a from S. Dakota prairie dog shoot . In a single cab pickup so all three sitting in the front seat.
    Other guy driving, brother in the middle, cousin on the outside.
    Driver is mad at my brother and is pounding on the dash, cousin takes out his pocketknife and opens it unbeknownst to the other 2. He told my brother and I about it later. Said if the guy would have hit my brother he was going to stick him!

And just yesterday at work, we had a new fitter start, His name is Robert. Him, I ,and another fitter are working on a tie-in.
    Other fitter asks Robert if anyone ever called him Bob? He said NO.
    Other guy says can I call you Bob? Straight faced Robert says if you do I'll stick ya! I about lost it

Top Bottom