• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Not being a wise guy my friend but you are free to go pursue a better job if they are not holding up their end.
    I always did when this happened.
    This is their last year. If they don't start keeping their word, I'm out. My issue though is that I shouldn't have to find a different job. Is it too much to ask that our teachers with bachelor and Masters degrees make more money than the city employee that walks around checking water meters?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    ******** If 95M are not in a labor force of 254M, that means 37% of eligible workers aren't participating. Are 1/3 of your neighbors sitting at home?

Actually, yeah. You should get out more. Also, I fixed your attempt to bypass the language filter. You're welcome.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So, just quit and hope for the best? Is that how it works when the other party doesn't hold up their end? Sounds like you CONDONE - and possible support - Trump's refusal to pay contractors...

I didn't read that anywhere in there. He said you find a new job and quit your old one. It's called bettering yourself. It's what people do that don't count on the government to fix their lives for them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, just quit and hope for the best? Is that how it works when the other party doesn't hold up their end? Sounds like you CONDONE - and possible support - Trump's refusal to pay contractors...

You are cruising my friend.
    Keep trolling. Either back it up a step or take a break.
    I said he is free to pursue. It sounds like they are not living up to the agreement. If the contract has been broken then find a better job. That is what I said.

And yes, when conditions were not met I would ask about it. If unsatisfied I would move on. It was my skills and mostly my customers. Both party's agree. Both party's sign. Both partys hold to the agreement.
    Where in heck did you get the Trump reference.

Again, stop trolling/baiting.

Everyone has been civil. Engage in the discussion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is their last year. If they don't start keeping their word, I'm out. My issue though is that I shouldn't have to find a different job. Is it too much to ask that our teachers with bachelor and Masters degrees make more money than the city employee that walks around checking water meters?

Of course not. I see your side all the way regardless of what others have posted.
    It is a sad state of affairs when management thinks they own you.
    I hope you find a solution.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Everyone has been civil. Engage in the discussion.

Crap stats from Breitbart aren't "discussion"; they're "deflection". And easily debunked.

"Free to pursue"? So, early in a school year, most available jobs are already filled. Teachers have to start looking 6-9 months in advance, and, according to jdmack, mgmt is behind a few months. No way to see this coming.

Are you suggesting he simply switch career paths into something other than teaching? Because previous years OTJ are (generally) applied to new positions for purposes of retirement. Just throw away that retirement, sell the house (again, few/no local teaching jobs), relocated the wife (who make have a stable, happy job) and kids?

Many of us love to teach, despite the workload (far more than most people believe), poor conditions (books 10 years out of date, violent students, etc.), negative perceptions from non-teachers, idiotic helicopter parents and their snowflakes, clowns for administrators, etc.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    A half dozen of the staff of my local high school bailed at the end of the year. Maybe he can't leave immediately, but yeah quitting and taking another job with 1.5x the pay and better benefits at the end of the year is entirely doable. He can still teach.

Teachers' salaries are far from homogenous in the state of Indiana. I'm not even sure any of them had to move, they just got a longer commute.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Crap stats from Breitbart aren't "discussion"; they're "deflection". And easily debunked.

"Free to pursue"? So, early in a school year, most available jobs are already filled. Teachers have to start looking 6-9 months in advance, and, according to jdmack, mgmt is behind a few months. No way to see this coming.

Are you suggesting he simply switch career paths into something other than teaching? Because previous years OTJ are (generally) applied to new positions for purposes of retirement. Just throw away that retirement, sell the house (again, few/no local teaching jobs), relocated the wife (who make have a stable, happy job) and kids?

Many of us love to teach, despite the workload (far more than most people believe), poor conditions (books 10 years out of date, violent students, etc.), negative perceptions from non-teachers, idiotic helicopter parents and their snowflakes, clowns for administrators, etc.

You are reading way more into this than was intended.
    I merely stated he was free to move if "He" wished. That is all that was said. I full realize what it takes to move on. I do not need a tutorial from anyone on the subject. Your Trump reference was seriously off point.
    You have to realize I know this man. I know so many Ingo members in the real world. I would wish none of them ill.

Brietbart is just another info outlet that you can believe or not. Nothing out of line referring to it. You can agree or not just stop the trolling.
    Let this go. Move along.......Hey, what about that apology...???

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I might be down in the Bloomington area meeting an Ingo member in a few weeks.

I am tempted to re-initiate the Cheeseburger summit with our friend David 890. I would like to meet this individual. I would like to meet Kut as well but hey, :)

A FTF over a great burger might clear some things up.

Not many have accepted the invitation but the ones that have remain acquaintances and we understand each other a bit better. Who knows.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Did David really just use the term "snowflake"? In this thread where we are put on a guilt trip for not giving the poor children $15/hr "living wage", no less? That is classic!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I might be down in the Bloomington area meeting an Ingo member in a few weeks.

I am tempted to re-initiate the Cheeseburger summit with our friend David 890. I would like to meet this individual. I would like to meet Kut as well but hey, :)

A FTF over a great burger might clear some things up.

Not many have accepted the invitation but the ones that have remain acquaintances and we understand each other a bit better. Who knows.

Let me know. I might be able to make it. I'll even buy my own cheeseburger, but you'll have to recommend a place.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did David really just use the term "snowflake"? In this thread where we are put on a guilt trip for not giving the poor children $15/hr "living wage", no less? That is classic!

And helicopter parents I believe. I understand all of those terms.

Give give give. No one will understand earning anymore.

Kut....I buy the Burgers. Them's my rules...:)

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Guess I showed up late been working my 80 hour week not much time for the Internet.
    Thread has some of my favorite topics.
    Minimum wage
    BHO legacy
    1% people
    Income Inequality based on geographic location

Awesome stuff
    You guys are missing College Debt that prevents young people from reaching the goals of life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guess I showed up late been working my 80 hour week not much time for the Internet.
    Thread has some of my favorite topics of mine.
    Minimum wage
    BHO legacy
    1% people
    Income Inequality based on geographic location

Awesome stuff
    You guys are missing College Debt that prevents young people from reach the goals of life.

80 hours......1 job or 3.....:):

Yes, this has been interesting.
    Some passionate posts.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    1 job also retired from the ARMY. So I get taxpayer money every month. Thanks taxpayers

So how do we solve the issue of the haves and the have nots? " Fairness Tax"
    So we tax the 1% and use it for social programs. Will that effect poor geographic locations?
    Hmm

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Why hasn't the union taken action.
    I work under contract in a mill. A union employee.
    When management violates the contract, there is a procedure to follow.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I slept very poorly last night. I blame it on lingering guilt for the fact that we have never apologized for the times we have invaded Canada. Think of how bitter they must be.
    #Canucklivesmatter.

robbman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2016
    Shelby county
    Is that the only place he missed on his first apology tour? Maybe another vacation playing golf will refresh him memory before he is finally gone!

Top Bottom