• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Who are the elephants and jackasses? The ones that actually think there's a difference between the two?

I don't think there is a dime's worth of difference, but I don't like seeing one group mentioned, without the other.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think there is a dime's worth of difference, but I don't like seeing one group mentioned, without the other.

You have to consider the audience I'm speaking to here. One label is much more promenent than the other. The dems kicked and screamed when Bush invoked executive privelage and the repubs backed him. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, the repubs are kicking and screaming while the dems back Obama. Consistency. Both parties should try it sometime.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Summarize this for me.

DOJ approved gun sales to people who they knew shouldnt have had them.

Those guns killed people.

Congress is upset over that.

The Prez is covering for this buddy Holder, any way he can.

Is that about it? Nutshell wise?

On the surface of truth. Google "Hillary Clinton assault weapon ban Mexico" and it will turn up the ultimate goal of this operation.

Our government illegally approved thousands of straw purchases on guns they were guiding into Mexico.

Those guns were used to kill thousands of people.

ATF, DoJ, and the rest of the ban gang (DoS [Clinton], WH, etc.) begin talking about how all of these American guns are flowing into Mexico (Wow, I wonder where they came from?), causing all of this violence, and so, of course, we need to reinstate the assault weapons ban to save the Mexicans. Fortunately, they were busted as the dumb ****s that they are, and we found out that this was their goal all along. So, in short, they send guns into Mexico, expecting violence to ensue, so that they can clamp down on gun shops, institute multiple long gun sales reports (which they still did, even after they got caught LOL!), etc., and of course, ban assault weapons.

The people are upset, so part of Congress is upset.

The President is covering his buddy Holder, and himself, because DoJ, White House, etc., fingerprints are all over this operation.

I doubt anything of any significance will happen. Contempt vote? Perhaps. If Holder gets any jail time, I'm sure Obama will pardon him. lol. If they hadn't been caught, I have no doubt that assault weapons would already have been banned. And I still hear INGOers say Obama isn't anti-second amendment. Wake up.

The DoJ cover story is that they approved these straw purchases (which is illegal, period) so that they could trace the guns and see where they were going. They didn't put any kind of tracking, tracing, etc. hardware on these firearms and I guess they were planning on walking down to Mexico and going into the cartel's compounds to check the serial numbers and then...AHA! Gotcha! ...then...United States Federal agents arrest Mexicans in Mexico, where they have no jurisdiction, for legally (on their end, because the US DoJ approved the straw purchases, which means they filled out the legal paperwork) purchasing firearms. Does that pass the smell test? On any level?

No, their goal was always to trample on our rights. This administration does not want us armed, at the cost of thousands of other people's lives. Why?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does it really matter? I'm asking becuase the only 2 scandals I recall I was a little boy (Iran Contra and Billy's Monica issue) and in both of those I don't think anyone went to jail or a president was removed from office. Granted no one died in those right? Have we had a scandal where people had died becuase of the issue at hand (at the fed level) and the top person goes to jail?

The only one I can think of is the gov of IL going to jail over the semi license issue. In which you could buy a semi liecense illegally, and one of those truck drivers crashed and killed a family and that investigation results in the gov going to jail.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    You have to consider the audience I'm speaking to here. One label is much more promenent than the other. The dems kicked and screamed when Bush invoked executive privelage and the repubs backed him. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, the repubs are kicking and screaming while the dems back Obama. Consistency. Both parties should try it sometime.

Much better.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is why I love republicans so much. Things are ok when their guy does it but as soon as the other party does it, they crawl out of the woodwork. At this point, I may vote for Romney in the hopes they win so all the republicans will crawl back into their holes and I can enjoy 4 years of silence from them.

Bush claims executive privilege on CIA leak - USATODAY.com

Who said it was okay when Bush did it? What audience do you think you're making a point to? I don't recall anybody crying foul for that hypocrisy.

But this hypocrisy, yeah, I'm gonna complain.

http://youtu.be/bpwYh9TD6Nc

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Does it really matter?

It matters in the sense that we should be aware that our government wants to disarm us so bad, that they are willing to give those guns which they want to ban from us, over to insanely violent Mexican cartels, who used them to kill thousands of people, as an excuse to ban said weapons.

They arm the enemy, and disarm us? That speaks volumes, in my opinion. That's all that matters to me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Who said it was okay when Bush did it? What audience do you think you're making a point to? I don't recall anybody crying foul for that hypocrisy.

But this hypocrisy, yeah, I'm gonna complain.

http://youtu.be/bpwYh9TD6Nc
    It's because he can't just come in and comment about the specific content of any given thread without invoking the whole "well they did it too" thing.

Just for once I would like to see his specific thoughts about the actual content of the topic. :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It matters in the sense that we should be aware that our government wants to disarm us so bad, that they are willing to give those guns which they want to ban from us, over to insanely violent Mexican cartels, who used them to kill thousands of people, as an excuse to ban said weapons.

They arm the enemy, and disarm us? That speaks volumes, in my opinion. That's all that matters to me.

That part I understand but my "does it matter" is more of is there every any punishment for those at the very top when things like this occurs? The only example I know of is the former IL governor who is servering time and even when his wife passed away this year he was NOT granted time away from the prison to go to the funeral. So he ended up missing it.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    That part I understand but my "does it matter" is more of is there every any punishment for those at the very top when things like this occurs? The only example I know of is the former IL governor who is servering time and even when his wife passed away this year he was NOT granted time away from the prison to go to the funeral. So he ended up missing it.

Not that I'm aware of. There is always some "expendable" peon near the bottom who ends up taking the fall. This time it was going to be the US gun shops near the border, but that fell through when the whistle blowers let us all know what was really going on, so I'm not sure what is going to happen. I am of the negative opinion that it doesn't matter. No one up that high is going to jail for this. Fast and Furious will end up being a line item in the second American DoI.

"___For spending the American people's tax dollars in operation Fast and Furious in an attempt to disarm the American people___"

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    What happened to transparency? I thought this was going to be the most transparent president we had ever had. Can't see his school records. Can't find his birth certificate. Can't see the documents from "Fast and Furious". Where's the transparency?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    With all the unlawful leaks regarding national security, that incidentally provide a basis to promote the president's popularity.....Why haven't these particular documents been leaked, despite being subpoenaed by the Congress?

Hmmmmmm.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    When did this become about banning guns?

Is that just the kooky right brain of gun ownership thinking everything is about banning guns?

What is this about? Banning guns? Or breaking rules to catch Mexicans?

Let me ask this.. what does CONGRESS think it is about?

Banning Guns? Or Breaking Laws?

One smacks of conspiracy theory, the other, is more believable.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When did this become about banning guns?

Is that just the kooky right brain of gun ownership thinking everything is about banning guns?

What is this about? Banning guns? Or breaking rules to catch Mexicans?

Let me ask this.. what does CONGRESS think it is about?

Banning Guns? Or Breaking Laws?

One smacks of conspiracy theory, the other, is more believable.

I think it's more about doing something stupid, probably illegal, and then possibly trying to cover it up.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'm waiting for someone to make a music video featuring Holder/Obama testimonies and press conferences with the tune "Blaze of Glory", or "Wanted, Dead or Alive"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom