• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    You would think that the "justice department" would want justice served...Not in this case.

Declare executive privilege 10 months after the subpoena and on the eve of the contempt vote? Hmmmm.....

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You know, if people from all across the political spectrum would stand up against things like executive privelage every time it was used regardless of who it was used by, it would be done away with. Instead, we have a minority in an uproar every time and it's allowed to stand.

Many didn't seem to mind the Patriot Act because their guy created it without ever giving thought to how future presidents may misuse it. Something may be good now but we must think about the future implications and how it can be abused.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    So, as I understand it, president Obamba, AG Eric Holder and others, conspired to sell arms to the Mexican drug cartels and put the blame on America in an attempt to provide a basis for strickter firearms laws and enforcement as he had promised Sarah Brady some months back that he would do through the "back door"?
    Isn't that a real honest to goodness federal crime?
    Then it's no wonder that Obamba wants to exert executive privelage and hide the evidence.
    He just might be the first preident in the history of the USA to be prosecuted for Federal crimes against the American people.
    Oh! and blame it on Bush.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    All of the outrage might have some integrity and merit if it wasn't so selective. Executive privelage is either wrong or right, regardless of your preference of the president. I remember this issue being discussed here during the heat of the Valerie Plame deal and don't remember any outrage at Bush for doing the same thing.

Maybe if everyone took their party blinders off, they'd see how neither party are friends of liberty. Or we could just sit here and look through our "Obama can do no right" glasses and put our blinders back on when the next repub wins.
    I'm just gonna take my advice and comment on the thread topic at hand before I risk being called a hypocrite for asking for your take and not giving mine.

It has been my opinion since this whole Fast and Furious debacle was exposed that it went pretty far up the chain and this recent move does nothing to change that and it was obviously a last minute attempt to forestall a contempt of Congress vote on Holder by invoking Exec. privileges.

At the same time since it looks like Obama's minion Holder has ran out of options to stonewall this investigation the administration is taking it upon themselves to try and block it from going any further up the ladder to the Oval office.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am left shaking my head. How can some people try to compare Bush using executive privilege in a pure political battle over the firing of liberal US Attorneys to a conspiracy with hundreds of dead bodies attributed to it. I guess they will do and say anything to protect Obama.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I am left shaking my head. How can some people try to compare Bush using executive privilege in a pure political battle over the firing of liberal US Attorneys to a conspiracy with hundreds of dead bodies attributed to it. I guess they will do and say anything to protect Obama.

Exposing hypocrisy is protecting Obama. I got it.

Why don't all of us focus our efforts on ending executive privelage? Or would we rather keep it so when our guy is in office, he can protect himself.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Exposing hypocrisy is protecting Obama. I got it.

Why don't all of us focus our efforts on ending executive privelage? Or would we rather keep it so when our guy is in office, he can protect himself.

How about this, if you want to use Executive privilege it should be like an amendment to the Constitution, 75% of the house and senate need to agree with the peckerwood in charge at the time

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How about this, if you want to use Executive privilege it should be like an amendment to the Constitution, 75% of the house and senate need to agree with the peckerwood in charge at the time

When given a choice between removing bad law or adding to it, I'll defer to removing it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There is nothing wrong with the invocation of Executive Privilege as such. It is the reasons for invoking it that are good or bad. The Father of our Country, President George Washington himself invoked as did President Thomas Jefferson. I would think they would both have a pretty firm understanding of the Constitutionality of it being used.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    There is nothing wrong with the invocation of Executive Privilege as such. It is the reasons for invoking it that are good or bad. The Father of our Country, President George Washington himself invoked as did President Thomas Jefferson. I would think they would both have a pretty firm understanding of the Constitutionality of it being used.

But were their reasons as petty as what we see these days?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    But were their reasons as petty as what we see these days?

When Bush did it, his supporters thought it was good. His opponents thought it was bad. Now that Obama has done it, his supporters think its good and his opponents think its bad. Let's just continue with the partisan bickering.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    everything about this administration is petty, wrong or just illegal. They do it right in the open and just dare anyone to say or do anything about it.
    Yes but if you did'n't criticize GW properly then you cannot have a say about anything that Obama may or may not have done.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The problem with its current use is that it is to continue covering up criminal activity. They were illegally allowing guns to go from US gunstores to drug cartels in Mexico through straw purchases. They did it for political purposes, to gain talking points in the need for more gun control. The guns were used to butcher hundreds of Mexican citizens and at least one or two US Border Agents. They have blood on their hands and need to be held to account for that. To try to minimize their guilt by bringing up silly comparisons is ....

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The problem with its current use is that it is to continue covering up criminal activity. They were illegally allowing guns to go from US gunstores to drug cartels in Mexico through straw purchases. They did it for political purposes, to gain talking points in the need for more gun control. The guns were used to butcher hundreds of Mexican citizens and at least one or two US Border Agents. They have blood on their hands and need to be held to account for that. To try to minimize their guilt by bringing up silly comparisons is ....

Please quote me where I've argued that Obama is innocent or minimized their guilt? I'm not speaking to F&F, I'm speaking to the selective outrage.

Top Bottom