• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think it's more about doing something stupid, probably illegal, and then possibly trying to cover it up.

Fast & Furious had multiple motives:

1. Keep the drug cartels, specifically the Zetas and the Pacific cartel, fighting.

2. Destablize the U.S./Mexican border.

3. Prep fire for AWBII.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    When did this become about banning guns?

Is that just the kooky right brain of gun ownership thinking everything is about banning guns?

What is this about? Banning guns? Or breaking rules to catch Mexicans?

Let me ask this.. what does CONGRESS think it is about?

Banning Guns? Or Breaking Laws?

One smacks of conspiracy theory, the other, is more believable.

A conspiracy. Here's the proof:

CBS News - December 7, 2011: Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Documents obtained by CBS News show that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) discussed using their covert operation "Fast and Furious" to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I think it's more about doing something stupid, probably illegal, and then possibly trying to cover it up.

Ok, I can buy that, it sounds a whole hell of a lot less tinfoilish.

I have heard enough "OBAMMY WANTS TO BAN YOUR GUNS" connected to every time he does anything to last me a lifetime.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You have to consider the audience I'm speaking to here. One label is much more promenent than the other. The dems kicked and screamed when Bush invoked executive privelage and the repubs backed him. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, the repubs are kicking and screaming while the dems back Obama. Consistency. Both parties should try it sometime.

Get back to me after you consider who forced Nixon out of the White House ahead of impeachment, and who defended the Philanderer/Rapist-in-Chief during his impeachment.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Ok, I can buy that, it sounds a whole hell of a lot less tinfoilish.

I have heard enough "OBAMMY WANTS TO BAN YOUR GUNS" connected to every time he does anything to last me a lifetime.

Tinfoilish? You need to do about five minutes worth of your own research into Fast and Furious. It isn't exactly a grand secret shrouded in an enigma.

Fast and Furious is approved and carried out by DoJ. Shortly thereafter...

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's call for assault weapon ban in U.S. gets blasted by gun lobby - New York Daily News

"WASHINGTON - Secretary of State Clinton called for a new assault weapon ban in the U.S. on Thursday in hopes of cutting off arms flowing to Mexican drug gangs - and was immediately blasted by the gun lobby."

Arms that they were supplying. Remember? That's a fact now.

The PJ Tatler » WikiLeaks: Obama admin lied about source of Mexican drug war guns

“More than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States, many from gun shops that line our border,” President Obama said in February 2009."

Yes, I bet they can even tell us exactly what gun shops, since DoJ approved every single straw purchase. What a secret conspiracy!

First 100 days: Assault weapons ban - politics - White House - The First 100 Days - msnbc.com

"At his first news conference as attorney general, Eric Holder said, “there are just a few gun-related changes what we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban.” "

"Attorney General Holder admitted as much when asked, during a recent session with reporters, whether he expected any push for a ban this year to curb the flow of guns from the United States to Mexico. "

Those are the first three results from Google when I typed in "Hillary Clinton assault weapons Mexico". You can find a lot more on your own if you feel the need.

We know the DoJ approved and carried out this operation. Holder is the head of DoJ...See those comments above? They want to ban assault weapons and they used their own operation as the excuse. This is not a conspiracy, it's math. You think a gunrunning operation had absolutely nothing to do with guns, because you've heard too many people tell you Obama wants to take your guns? He does. He tried it and it is very open. I don't think my tinfoil is too tight. I think the sleep dust in your eyes is blurring your vision.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This is why I love republicans so much. Things are ok when their guy does it but as soon as the other party does it, they crawl out of the woodwork. At this point, I may vote for Romney in the hopes they win so all the republicans will crawl back into their holes and I can enjoy 4 years of silence from them.

Bush claims executive privilege on CIA leak - USATODAY.com

Understood.

But don't you think your comparison is a little lopsided?

obama and holder are trying to give the Constitution and the American people in mass an all inclusive poke in the ass with this scam.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Understood.

obama and holder are trying to give the Constitution and the American people in mass an all inclusive poke in the ass with this scam.

I do believe he hates the Republicans more than the Democrats for some reason. . . jilted lover, perhaps?:D

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Ted, would you stop pointing out that Obammy really would like to take our guns and providing proof of the same. We need to stick with the "they are all alike" mantra.

Well, gee already. Waddayawant?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's because he can't just come in and comment about the specific content of any given thread without invoking the whole "well they did it too" thing.

Just for once I would like to see his specific thoughts about the actual content of the topic. :dunno:

All of the outrage might have some integrity and merit if it wasn't so selective. Executive privelage is either wrong or right, regardless of your preference of the president. I remember this issue being discussed here during the heat of the Valerie Plame deal and don't remember any outrage at Bush for doing the same thing.

Maybe if everyone took their party blinders off, they'd see how neither party are friends of liberty. Or we could just sit here and look through our "Obama can do no right" glasses and put our blinders back on when the next repub wins.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Understood.

I'm saying this outrage would have a little merit if those espousing it weren't so hypocrital about their side doing the same thing. I'm sure a lot of middle of the road politically thinking people are won over by either side when all they see is "Do as I say, not as I do."

I voted for GW twice. I used to make the same excuses for his bs while getting outraged at the dems. Then I realized that wrong is wrong, regardless of my opinion of the perpetrator.

I do believe he hates the Republicans more than the Democrats for some reason. . . jilted lover, perhaps?:D

Larry Craig said he'd call me but he never did. I felt so used.

Ah, the mysterious stranger he mentioned that picked him up years ago... that would make sense.

I never mentioned anyone picking me up but don't let your hatred for me get in the way of the facts.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This will end up bad for Obama. Remember, what got Nixon was the (attempted) coverup. If anyone thinks Obama wasn't aware of this, IMO they are delusional.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    House Oversight committee votes yes to hold Eric Holder in contempt of congress. Full vote to go to the house. Our Democratic representatives seem to think there is nothing wrong with supplying firearms to Mexican cartels in order to ban assault weapons in the United States. Their excuse is, of course, Bush did it, so they cannot be held responsible for anything done on their watch, and...the investigation into Fast and Furious was costing too much money, so we should just drop it. Meanwhile California democratic representatives seek a 12 trillion dollar bailout package from the Federal government.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Heheh, but Holder walked back the statement that the Bush admin knew anything about it in the first place...

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    This will end up bad for Obama. Remember, what got Nixon was the (attempted) coverup. If anyone thinks Obama wasn't aware of this, IMO they are delusional.

This was my overriding thought when creating this thread. Obama and his cronies are fully aware of what happened with Watergate and how it was the attempted coverup that brought Nixon down. They also had to be fully aware that the comparisons would be quickly made. They also know full well they are 5 months from an election.

Whatever there is in the documents that Obama decided he doesn't want anyone to see must be SO VERY INCRIMINATING that he and his cronies decided to risk all of the above in invoking EP. It may very well prove that not only did the WH know of F&F but that they were involved in its creation AND its coverup. If so.....it makes Watergate look trivial and it will inspire modern-day Woodwards and Bernsteins into digging for it.

If Obama is dirty in regards to F&F, someone will dig it out. It's just a matter of when.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This was my overriding thought when creating this thread. Obama and his cronies are fully aware of what happened with Watergate and how it was the attempted coverup that brought Nixon down. They also had to be fully aware that the comparisons would be quickly made. They also know full well they are 5 months from an election.

Whatever there is in the documents that Obama decided he doesn't want anyone to see must be SO VERY INCRIMINATING that he and his cronies decided to risk all of the above in invoking EP. It may very well prove that not only did the WH know of F&F but that they were involved in its creation AND its coverup. If so.....it makes Watergate look trivial and it will inspire modern-day Woodwards and Bernsteins into digging for it.

If Obama is dirty in regards to F&F, someone will dig it out. It's just a matter of when.
    I fear that even if Potus is tied to it it will make no difference. So many think he can do nothing wrong. No matter what he does.
    Where's the accountability?

Top Bottom