• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Keyser - your type of antagonism and elitist mentality will not go far on this board. Obviously you are a cop who thinks that only "professionals" should carry openly, because they are the only ones trained enough. Well guess what, I saw your video with your Glock Foty in the class full of kids and I'm not impressed.

If you want to have an intelligent conversation/discussion because you honestly don't understand something, the read some of the other posts. This topic has been covered multiple times. The fact that you posted this thread identifies you as someone wanting to proove something. It is nothing short of pure antagonism and elitism.

You will come to find out on this board that it doesnt matter if you wear a badge, swing a hammer, put on a business suit, or thump a Bible... we are all equal here. Being a "professional" will get you nowhere here. You will come to respect others here and as you contribute, hopefully you will earn respect from all of us.

You will find that not everyone will agree with you all of the time. But that doesn't mean that you or they are wrong. There are different methods of carrying, different calibers, different types of firearms. On this board, we don't care what you carry, or how you carry. We are a group of gun owners who are concerned about our rights, and you will find that some can get pretty agitated when you try to stifle those rights.

I was about to hand out my very first neg rep to you when I read all of your nonsense, but I opted for a verbal lashing instead. Just ask some of the former "shooter's" on this board where their antagonistic drivel got them.

Oh, and to answer your original post - why do you care how anyone carries? Some OC because they can. And in the free state of Indiana that is their right. In my estimation, it really doesn't matter what other reasons they have.

You got me figured all wrong. I think everyone should carry. Owning/carrying a firearm should not be limited to the small % of leo's in Indiana, or US for that matter. I think firearms training for LEO's sucks. Ive learned much more on my own/from others. I would rather someone OC than not carry at all...but still cant figure out why someone would choose it over CC...

So I see you like to watch youtube videos. The guy in the vid your talking about was a fed. "I saw your video with your Glock Foty in the class full of kids and I'm not impressed" All of my vids on youtube are as follows..jujitsu, fighting, mma. Since you like youtube watch all the accidental shootings and tell me what % are leo.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I would rather someone OC than not carry at all...but still cant figure out why someone would choose it over CC...

Ever try to stick a full size Semi Auto Handgun Like say a Sig P220 in a CCW type application?! Now try doing the same thing in the Summer during the heat...
    Much more comfortable to OC ain't it...

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Ever try to stick a full size Semi Auto Handgun Like say a Sig P220 in a CCW type application?! Now try doing the same thing in the Summer during the heat...

Actually I have. It did suck which was why I only did it for a couple days...Never could get used to it. Good argument for OC.

Last edited:

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    see I find carrying a full size pistol CC is much more comfortable that OC. Even with a good belt the oc just never felt good to me, plus i like to keep my shirts untucked, and that just works better if i have it in a IWB. to each his own.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Keyser - your type of antagonism and elitist mentality will not go far on this board. Obviously you are a cop who thinks that only "professionals" should carry openly, because they are the only ones trained enough. Well guess what, I saw your video with your Glock Foty in the class full of kids and I'm not impressed.

If you want to have an intelligent conversation/discussion because you honestly don't understand something, the read some of the other posts. This topic has been covered multiple times. The fact that you posted this thread identifies you as someone wanting to proove something. It is nothing short of pure antagonism and elitism.

You will come to find out on this board that it doesnt matter if you wear a badge, swing a hammer, put on a business suit, or thump a Bible... we are all equal here. Being a "professional" will get you nowhere here. You will come to respect others here and as you contribute, hopefully you will earn respect from all of us.

You will find that not everyone will agree with you all of the time. But that doesn't mean that you or they are wrong. There are different methods of carrying, different calibers, different types of firearms. On this board, we don't care what you carry, or how you carry. We are a group of gun owners who are concerned about our rights, and you will find that some can get pretty agitated when you try to stifle those rights.

I was about to hand out my very first neg rep to you when I read all of your nonsense, but I opted for a verbal lashing instead. Just ask some of the former "shooter's" on this board where their antagonistic drivel got them.

Oh, and to answer your original post - why do you care how anyone carries? Some OC because they can. And in the free state of Indiana that is their right. In my estimation, it really doesn't matter what other reasons they have.

Now this is awesome. This is the most rational statement I have read in a while. OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    i practice concealed draw a lot and really no noticeable difference to my oc draw. yes theres the chance of catching it on something, but once again it comes back to practice.
    Now practice drawing OC for a while. Go to the range and have someone time you.

Check the difference between drawing from CC and OC from buzzer to first shot fired.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I'm giving this one the benefit of the doubt. He does sound and speak like a LEO although he may be a troll. The two are not necessarily contradictory.

And if OC were advantageous, it wouldn't matter if most uniformed cops carried OC. You see the uniform you pretty much know they are armed. That is one of the very few OC arguments that doesn't carry any water. If you KNOW the person is armed does it matter if they conceal it or not? And quite a few LEO carry concealed on duty. Undercover, plainclothes, etc.

UHH, well, under covers have to blend in with the criminals they are investigating so therefore they conceal their weapons just like the criminals! See how that works!
    Plain clothes normally don't want people to know they are cops for various reasons.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    What is the tactical advantage of OC/CC?

OC, you lose the element of surprise. but you gain determent and faster reaction time to draw.
    CC, you gain the element of surprise, but you lose the determent and have slower time to draw.

There is no right way, only personal preference. This can be taken a bit further with the condition you carry your handgun. I choose to carry in condition 0, as I don't want anything to slow my reaction time and my holster is my safety. It has been my experience that every single extra step you must take to have your sights on target, causes serious and life saving time to be wasted, in which the difference between a fraction of a second could mean life or death.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    You got me figured all wrong. I think everyone should carry. Owning/carrying a firearm should not be limited to the small % of leo's in Indiana, or US for that matter. I think firearms training for LEO's sucks. Ive learned much more on my own/from others. I would rather someone OC than not carry at all...but still cant figure out why someone would choose it over CC...

In Bold: Why would you even suggest such a thing? Freudian slip?

In Italics: Not even after we just gave you all these reasons? Let me point out another point you never really addressed, why do officers OC on duty? Sure, the uniform suggests they already have a weapon (but from the back a 35 year old cop looks no different than a 30 year old security guard, who is completely unarmed). If one is so likely to have their weapon snatched, but CC magically cures that, why arent cops carrying IWB? I mean, you can draw just as fast from CC, right? Isnt that what you have been repeating?

Why do you care? I think it goes back to the bold portion. It seems like you really need that power trip. Whats next, are you going to suggest that people shouldnt be allowed to drive Crown Vics or wear blue? News flash, cops arent special, despite what your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend might tell you. You are a civilian just like everyone else, and it sounds like you really need to come to terms with that.

Oh, and why do I need to "surprise" an attacker? Are you suggesting I do everything in my power to ensure I HAVE to kill him? As stated before, I would rather he be very far away from me. If I OC, he probably isnt going to get anywhere near me, therefore I can just walk away. As a LEO you should know that most criminals arent all pumped up and ready to graduate to murder. If a BG is going to do there evil, they will probably leave and do it elsewhere. If they see my OC and still continue, then they are obviously determined enough that your "tactical CC" isnt going to do much to stop him, since he probably already shooting.

Stay safe and try to rationalize some things before you post again. I think it would do you some good.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I was torn between OC and CC then I remembered what my dad told me when I was a teenager. "To keep out of trouble, keep it in your pants!". :)

Top Bottom