• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The thief's been watching too many movies. Notice that he immediately racked the slide after getting the gun in his hand.

Racking the slide when you acquire a foreign weapon that you may need to use immediately is pretty standard procedure in real life. I know some instructors who teach racking the slide on a gun immediately after a disarm, for example, which is essentially what happened here (albeit the disarmer was the bad guy).

Edit to: forget the whacking the magazine on the base before racking the slide above.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think there's a joke in here somewhere about how if the guy was CCing it wouldn't have happened, because half the time CCers can't get the pistol out of the holster that easily....

;)

(Full disclosure, I CC 99.9% of the time.) :D

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Now if the kid did a press check it would really have impressed me!

I wonder if I should start a charity for people that cannot afford a holster?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I am a fan of OC as well as the speed holsters for faster deployment and tend towards the kydex of Mr. Dale Fricke, but this does give me pause as to CC vs OC and the addition of a retention system. My Problem with retention is that it tends to make the holster unbearably large (blackhawk systems) or the training speed and fumbling I just havent trained out yet for regular retention styles.

Perhaps situational awareness is far better than re-training retentions etc. With all of the importance of situational awareness is there any classes or methods of training this better? We are all human...(debatable sometimes..)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am a fan of OC as well as the speed holsters for faster deployment and tend towards the kydex of Mr. Dale Fricke, but this does give me pause as to CC vs OC and the addition of a retention system. My Problem with retention is that it tends to make the holster unbearably large (blackhawk systems) or the training speed and fumbling I just havent trained out yet for regular retention styles.

Perhaps situational awareness is far better than re-training retentions etc. With all of the importance of situational awareness is there any classes or methods of training this better? We are all human...(debatable sometimes..)
    Safariland ALS

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Safariland ALS

:rockwoot:They're great.
    Still largeish and bulky but great retention and you DO NEED TO TRAIN. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :rockwoot:They're great.
    Still largeish and bulky but great retention and you DO NEED TO TRAIN. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and...

And...............................do it some more.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    :lmfo:.......I was waiting for this. Took you long enough.

Yes, retention. Pick what you are comfy with and please train to us it.
    C’mon man, just because you can’t make it work for the antiques, doesn’t make it bad.;)Someone mentioned retention, I simply provide the answer in the form ofwhat is currently the safest, best, concealed carry active retention system on the market.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Safariland ALS

As far as I'm concerned, this is the ONLY retention holster that exists.

Anyone who carries a Blackhawk holster has little to no training and education in the way of carrying a firearm. If that statement made you upset, then you have little to no training and education in the way of carrying a firearm.

I have personally seen Blackhawk holsters fail, and they fail hard. Do yourself a favor, if you use a Blackhawk, destroy it, and buy a real holster.

Top Bottom