• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So it would have either worked as designed, thus making the theft less likely, or not worked as designed, also making the theft less likely.

I'm not seeing the downside.

(I have both the Serpa and an ALS holster. Yeah, I use the latter more now, but the former was fine and I'd go back to using it if something happened with the ALS.)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As far as I'm concerned, this is the ONLY retention holster that exists.

Anyone who carries a Blackhawk holster has little to no training and education in the way of carrying a firearm. If that statement made you upset, then you have little to no training and education in the way of carrying a firearm.

I have personally seen Blackhawk holsters fail, and they fail hard. Do yourself a favor, if you use a Blackhawk, destroy it, and buy a real holster.
    Oh **** there go the neighborhood!

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    As far as I'm concerned, this is the ONLY retention holster that exists.

Anyone who carries a Blackhawk holster has little to no training and education in the way of carrying a firearm. If that statement made you upset, then you have little to no training and education in the way of carrying a firearm.

I have personally seen Blackhawk holsters fail, and they fail hard. Do yourself a favor, if you use a Blackhawk, destroy it, and buy a real holster.

Very True

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    To be precise, I offered up the ALS since someone queried about a retention holster. Thumbbreaks are so 1980’s they barely even exist anymore. ALS, and to a lesser extent, QLS like systems are going to be the industry standard. QBlackhawk continues to produce and sell the MUCH INFERIOR, and MORE Dangerous Slurpa. Yes, I know some people love them and haven’t had a problem YET, that does not change the fact that it’s a **** poor design. This thread was originally about poor situational awareness, coupled with what some perceive as poor carry method, compounded by young thugs that don’t give a **** about anyone but themselves. It’s not an argument about holster systems, nor carry preference per se. this one can be boiled down to poor choices on both parts, so far there is only one loser here, but now that this kid is armed, someone else may lose in the game of life. I can only hope it’s the dirtbag.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    /\ True. But I think CC is the better way to go. This guy made himself a target.
    I and others surmised that very early on. Again, I’d like to see more of the video, or several days/weeks worth to see if this guy had been “interviewed “ previously.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I am a huge supporter of open carry. I did it for years. Personal opinions, accelerated by department policy, lead me to change my mind. However, if you're going to do it, do it right. Don't be the neckbeard at Walmart with a Hi-Point C9 in a cheap nylon holster clipped to the pocket of your sweat shorts (I've seen this.)

Situational awareness is paramount. Weapon retention is equally important. If you can't focus on both, carry concealed, or don't carry at all.

Top Bottom