• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    trigger finger is for one thing, the ****ing trigger (oh, and booger’s)! NOT the light, NOR the Serpa Derpa!(had to get that one in!)

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]According to WTHR, the LPD review board determined that Officer Wright’s hand bumped the open door as they were running out of the apartment, which caused his weapon to discharge.

[/COLOR] Unbelievable conclusion, If his finger wasn't on the bang switch, it wouldn't have discharged.....

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]According to WTHR, the LPD review board determined that Officer Wright’s hand bumped the open door as they were running out of the apartment, which caused his weapon to discharge.

[/COLOR] Unbelievable conclusion, If his finger wasn't on the bang switch, it wouldn't have discharged.....
    Not sure where you were going, but I’m not faulting the body cam officer. From what I witnessed, the other officer discharged, and I disbelieve the “bump” on the door discharged anything but the trigger finger.

ETA: witnessed was a poor choice of words as I was only watching video, but a “bump” on the door will NOT discharge any of my Glocks, unless I bump my trigger finger on the trigger, on the door.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :rolleyes:

I'm out. I've said what I wanted to, not going down this road with keyboard commandos again.

Exactly. Somebody screwed up for sure, but there are an awful lot of people that think they can do better but don't put up or shut up. Want policing to get better and think you can do it? Sign up!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yeah I definitely wouldn't say they were idiots. I would say that a mistake was made. I hope that they would get some training on recognizing aggressive animals, because the dog in the cage showed no signs of aggression. I am assuming that is the dog that got loose.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Not sure where you were going, but I’m not faulting the body cam officer. From what I witnessed, the other officer discharged, and I disbelieve the “bump” on the door discharged anything but the trigger finger.

ETA: witnessed was a poor choice of words as I was only watching video, but a “bump” on the door will NOT discharge any of my Glocks, unless I bump my trigger finger on the trigger, on the door.

I'm not faulting the body cam officer at all, the officer behind the door obviously had his finger on the bang switch...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    2 minute 30 second from shot to ambulance. I heard that was unpossible!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They are showing the bodycam footage of the Lafayette officer shooting the other day, and a statement from their police chief that there was "no negligence or carelessness" involved. However, if you watch the footage, one officer is following the officer-victim out a door with his handgun aimed at her back, and his finger on the trigger.

If you have evidence that AT LEAST two of the four rules were violated, how can you claim that there was no negligence?

The shooter is Wright (behind door), NOT Sink (behind Lane, the shootee). SINK likely should have put his pistol away after "clear" but he did NOT shoot. Wright did. See all the trash coming off the door? That is Wright's round.

Wright is behind the door screwing with the dog cage. Google up "sympathetic squeeze response" to find out what likely happened.

You can train up beyond it, but you are talking about hundreds of hours beyond training plateaus. Not going to have that in 2d year officer unless officer came to LPD already in the pipeline.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And these people are supposed to protect us? Bumbling idiots!

1. The police do not protect us. They were doing their job, investigating a crime which turned into looking for someone wanted on a warrant.

2. That is not a bumbling idiot. That is someone subject to divided attention. You must train deeply to get beyond that behavior. The question is: are you trained beyond that?

Top Bottom