• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 79BRUISER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    I've built a couple rigs. Mostly for Haspin and barely street legal so I can use them hunting.

haspin42008notrolledyet.jpg

haspinapril2008roll.jpg

cid__0421081523a.jpg

1120071656b.jpg

This Blazer has seen several changes in the last year. Unfortunatly it is scheduled to be parted out and scrapped to make way for the latest rig.

Bought this off a buddy that needed it gone. This winters project will be redoing the cagework and dropping in the big block, 4-link the rear and 3 link the front. Should be fun.

IMG_8931.jpg

If anyone needs parts PM me, I might have it or should know someone who does.

Bruiser

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    Mx Chick, Looks like a nice little find there. What are the plans?

Well, I rented a welder. Got my links, lower arms, steering, and frame prepped/welded up! I should be able to cycle the suspension this week and get all the shox mounts locked down.
    Thanks to everyone who PM'd me about fabers who could help me out.

tatop.jpg

picture20364.jpg

4wdarmassembly.jpg

matt239.jpg

matt237.jpg

tylerstrucksteering.jpg

installt.jpg

1005337o.jpg

1005332.jpg

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    well the guy kept the tires and front bumper, so i had to find some steel rims and some 33s on there now. we are going to build some custom bumpers front and back, build roof rack, and put boat sides/ skid plates under it. already swapped the front axle cause the guy had it locked for mudding. Now i have run into break issues (i have none!) then she will be ready to go! eventually i want to redo the hill billy lift.
    BTW those pics are great!

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I've built a couple rigs. Mostly for Haspin and barely street legal so I can use them hunting.

haspin42008notrolledyet.jpg

haspinapril2008roll.jpg

cid__0421081523a.jpg

1120071656b.jpg

This Blazer has seen several changes in the last year. Unfortunatly it is scheduled to be parted out and scrapped to make way for the latest rig.

Bought this off a buddy that needed it gone. This winters project will be redoing the cagework and dropping in the big block, 4-link the rear and 3 link the front. Should be fun.

IMG_8931.jpg

If anyone needs parts PM me, I might have it or should know someone who does.

Bruiser

Why did you flop the blazer on purpose? That was one stupid line if a flop wasn't the point.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    well the guy kept the tires and front bumper, so i had to find some steel rims and some 33s on there now. we are going to build some custom bumpers front and back, build roof rack, and put boat sides/ skid plates under it. already swapped the front axle cause the guy had it locked for mudding. Now i have run into break issues (i have none!) then she will be ready to go! eventually i want to redo the hill billy lift.
    BTW those pics are great!

Why wouldn't you want a locked front axle? :dunno:

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Here's my rig:
    100_0682.JPG

All stock at the moment. I can't say I'm a wheeler yet as I've only been to a muddy corn field so far. But I got big plans for it and as soon as some money and time is free'd up, I plan on gettin' her dirty.

I got a 460 that I plan on stroking to 521 to drop in. I got a dana 60 front axle that I'm going to throw in place of the 44 that's in there now. I got some used boggers I'm going to throw on sooner or later.

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes

Well, I rented a welder. Got my links, lower arms, steering, and frame prepped/welded up! I should be able to cycle the suspension this week and get all the shox mounts locked down.

tatop.jpg

picture20364.jpg

4wdarmassembly.jpg

matt239.jpg

matt237.jpg

tylerstrucksteering.jpg

installt.jpg

1005337o.jpg

1005332.jpg
    LOL, i just pmed you about a welder. i guess i should have read further.

What CAD/CAM software are you using? Im learning Mastercam X4 at school right now. Ive got access to a multitude of HAAS machinery too. I <3 my Major.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

picture20364.jpg

matt239.jpg

matt237.jpg

tylerstrucksteering.jpg
    Now..... :thatshot:!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Make's my "fab" skills look pretty amateur. I'm still in the "hire it out if I can't bolt it on" phase.

MX_Chick_42: throw some manual lock-outs on the front and leave the locker.

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    He had just welded the gears. I want to be able to safely drive it down the road and trail wheel. Basically I want to b able to drive to trails wheel n drive home

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    LOL, i just pmed you about a welder. i guess i should have read further.

What CAD/CAM software are you using? Im learning Mastercam X4 at school right now. Ive got access to a multitude of HAAS machinery too. I <3 my Major.

Mastercam is bad ass. I wish I knew how to program. There's a ton of money in it if you find the right market. I basically play around with Soildworks. Everytime I plug the numbers in it never comes out right once I try to put it together. So I leave that up too the pro's. Everything I put together has been built a hundred times in the past and I even screw it up then. Between the tube stretch (.120 went down to .095) on my rear links and the weld shrinkage on the frame mounts, I'm probably going to run into some pinion angel problems. And that's one of the things I don't like about "software fabricating" You can build the same part a hundred different ways in the program and it never accounts for things like strech or shrinkage. But it does take alot of the guess workout.
    Oh yeah, UPS dropped off a care package yesterday!

ld571131a7697475b80feea.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom