Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Purple doesn't work here i guess. The pizza delivery thing is an ongoing meme all over the internet everytime a police shooting like this or a dog killing happens.

And there was nothing but homeowner critique going on, to the point of wishing he had been killed. Try to have a discussion of alternative tactics for policing and everyone gets so sensitive they feel the need to attack anyone for wanting to have a discussion.

Because in this situation the home owner was an idiot. The cop was doing things right. If we have a situation that is reversed I would be right there to be critical of LE. If the facts support being critical of LE then so be it. Waiting to see what the facts are for instance in the Rightsell case.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Homeowner fail...wow. Maybe go get glasses and some common sense. I'm safe inside and no way I'm opening a door to confront someone unless I KNOW AND SEE I have the advantage if any to do so. That means I will KNOW if its a cop, If he has a gun in his hands.....the list goes on. If this guy had seen what he thought was a criminal with a gun creeping around why open the door for a draw and shoot contest....wow...what a idiot. Now I wish all cops especially ISP would all have cameras.....would clear a lot of stuff up what actually happens, good or bad.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    When I was a teenager I worked at Taco Bell and I had a lady throw a mexican pizza at me through the drive-thru window. True story. I grabbed the nearest thing to me which was a nacho bell grande on the drink station and hurled it through the window at her. She left the scene with meat, chips, nacho cheese, and sour cream all over her steering wheel and dashboard.

Moral of the story, don't throw pizzas from vehicles.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Police uniforms are not ninja outfits as you'd like to describe them as. They are conspicuous with their badges and shoulder patches. If your alarm is going off and you PAY for it to be monitored, you should be EXPECTING police to show up.

I'm gonna have to slightly disagree. Black pants, black sweatshirt with an embroidered "badge"(no shoulder patch or other markings), and a black knit hat while not ninja isn't that recognizable. I'm not referring to the video, just to what I have seen officers wear while on duty/patrol in Lafayette.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Almost no home alarms I've gone to have audible sirens, and I've been to thousands. :twocents:

I find this to be very interesting. Just got a starter alarm system at the new place. It makes a fair amount of noise when triggered. I would think this is good for a couple reasons.

First it allows me to know the alarm has been triggered, so I can check the monitor or my phone.

Second it allows others to know it has been triggered. Thus warning the potential bad guy that I at least have a noise maker in the house.

Silent alarm seems fine for banks, but why for residences?

I know this is a side topic, but let's face it the last few pages of comments have been dragging on.

KCYM7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2018
    CARMEL
    So the penalty for "yelling and screaming" and the "door flying open with a gun at the ready" is death???

How many innocent people should a "rookie cop" be able to murder until he's considered experienced enough?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So the penalty for "yelling and screaming" and the "door flying open with a gun at the ready" is death???

How many innocent people should a "rookie cop" be able to murder until he's considered experienced enough?

Yes.....
    and the only reason that "Rookie" cop got reprimanded is because he missed.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

iE3ikjb.gif

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

What would most of US do if someone is yelling and screaming and pulls a gun on us?

Here's a hint...

I'd probably shoot his dumb ass.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK. Fair question. You put on the gear. Run hard to the call. Amped up get out of the car and address this situation. Not starting an argument but lets be creative here for a minute.....you are the rookie......now, proceed.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OK. Fair question. You put on the gear. Run hard to the call. Amped up get out of the car and address this situation. Not starting an argument but lets be creative here for a minute.....you are the rookie......now, proceed.
    Bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam reload...oooph, muffed the reload!

Top Bottom