• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If I’m in a restaurant and see an officer having a meal, I always pick it up.

In the future, you might want to make sure that the place doesn't give the officers free/discounted meals. There are several places in Carmel that do, and we used to simply tip REALLY well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is very sad. The BCSD is a great group of people and all of us are diminished by the loss of the young deputy.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    In the future, you might want to make sure that the place doesn't give the officers free/discounted meals. There are several places in Carmel that do, and we used to simply tip REALLY well.
    Good point, I’ve usually just told my server that I will cover their check, maybe some servers made some extra cash every now and then, but usually the officer makes a point of thanking me as I am leaving.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of Deputy Pickett. :(

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Just got in from work, a 19 hour day, on three hours of sleep. I'm back up and at it in a few hours and I can't even think about closing my eyes right now. Jake and I worked together back in the day before he moved on and more recently the last year or so as K9 handlers and seeing each other frequently at training.

I can can only assume that this is how guys feel when they lose a guy in their unit in the military. This is the first time I've lost someone this close in the "family" and it's more than gut-wrenching. I'm simply at a loss.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Way cool to cover officers meals when you can.

Don't lose track of the fact that you are putting a trust in the hands of a server to do the right thing, especially with cash. If you are gone first, the officers you wished to cover could still be charged and the money pocketed.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Just got in from work, a 19 hour day, on three hours of sleep. I'm back up and at it in a few hours and I can't even think about closing my eyes right now. Jake and I worked together back in the day before he moved on and more recently the last year or so as K9 handlers and seeing each other frequently at training.

I can can only assume that this is how guys feel when they lose a guy in their unit in the military. This is the first time I've lost someone this close in the "family" and it's more than gut-wrenching. I'm simply at a loss.

Dude, that sucks. I've been there when Rod was killed. The feeling is uniquely horrible.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Too bad the perps in cases like this can't have their organs confiscated and redistributed to people waiting for a chance at life. They have no respect for the law, for society, for anything. I haven't heard any media reports as to what the female was wanted for nor what Baldwin, Jr. was wanted for that caused their fellow POS friend to shoot and kill a LEO. Plenty of people out there who would gratefully put their spare parts to good use.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Too bad the perps in cases like this can't have their organs confiscated and redistributed to people waiting for a chance at life. They have no respect for the law, for society, for anything. I haven't heard any media reports as to what the female was wanted for nor what Baldwin, Jr. was wanted for that caused their fellow POS friend to shoot and kill a LEO. Plenty of people out there who would gratefully put their spare parts to good use.

The warrant served before Boone County deputy’s shooting was for John Baldwin Jr. in relation to auto theft and unlawful possession of a syringe. The lady was wanted for residential entry. Baumgardt has been in and out of jail in Boone and Marion County for the last 2 years, he was a convicted felon and druggie.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In his mug shot Baumgardt has the crazy eyes of the punk in Dirty Harry. He is also the face of meth. None of those people deserve the food and fresh air it takes to keep them alive.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    The officer had 3 and 4 year old kids too. Its so saddening to think that these two kids will have to grow up without their dad because of useless P'sOS like these criminals.

It's easy to forget just how much LEO's and Firefighters have to sacrifice sometimes for their communities. Their families should be proud.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    My condolences to the family and all of the leo friends he had, and a very sincere thank you to the officers who continue to keep us safe knowing how truly dangerous it's getting out there. Prayers for all of you. Dan

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I worked with Jake when he worked for Marion County. When all the tornadoes hit Southern Indiana he organized several volunteer work days to assist with cleanup and we took several box trucks of needed supplies down thanks to his efforts. He is a good Officer and great man.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Prayers for officer Pickett and his family and friends. Prayers also for the LEO community in whole.

I would LOVE to see these three left in a locked room with a half dozen of officer Picketts' Blue family all of whom have Louisville Sluggers...then let officer Brick feast.

Top Bottom