• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Yup. But unfortunately most of us don't want to go to prison for a POS like him.

Get me 5 minutes with him, I'll take my chances with a jury and make that SOB feel some remorse. This entire day has had me bummed out, everytime I think of all the pain this fool caused, 2 little boys who won't have a dad, a widow, parents and grandparents, friends, public.....and to feel absolutely nothing.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Watching the coverage on tv of the funeral right now. This is so incredibly awful. The idea that the guy that shot him has no remorse just makes me wish they had shot him dead on the spot. Then again...he’s asking for the death penalty obviously because he knows he’s a waste of human flesh and wants the easy way out. I honestly don’t know whether we should grant him the death penalty or make him sit in a cell to dwell on what he has done for the rest of his life.

Curse you Mr. Police officer for giving me that speeding ticket a few months ago but THANK YOU for being a police officer. What happened to Deputy Pickett is a danger you guys face everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got in from work and watching his burial now, terrible. How can people be so evil?

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    This has been a somber week for the Boone County community. Together we have become more united than ever. Hand in hand we will overcome the tragedies that have been presented upon us. We will continue to enshrine Deputy Pickett and console the Pickett family. May God canvas the family and first responders with his love and his consecrations.

6-26, you will be missed but never forgotten.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Get me 5 minutes with him, I'll take my chances with a jury and make that SOB feel some remorse. This entire day has had me bummed out, everytime I think of all the pain this fool caused, 2 little boys who won't have a dad, a widow, parents and grandparents, friends, public.....and to feel absolutely nothing.

Do it in Boone County and I doubt you would have to worry about a jury.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Do it in Boone County and I doubt you would have to worry about a jury.

Yeah, they must have him in solitary confinement huh? I imagine he would have already been thumped if not. Sheriff Neilson and Boone County SD are better men than I......I would Sheriff Daughtery this guy (boy, that aged me).

I told the wife today, LEO have a tough job. It may be the only job in the world where someone hates on you everyday. I don't think I could have ever handled that. You all stay safe and keep your chins up......most of the public has your back even if you don't always feel that way.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I stood on the corner of 71st and Michigan as the funeral procession rolled by. I haven’t felt this way since Officer Rod Bradway died in the line of duty and this one feels worse now that I have kids of my own. I told one of the officers as he was leaving the whole scene reminded me of the Elton John song Empty Garden. It’s funny how one insect can damage so much grain. I almost couldn’t get the words out.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Yeah, they must have him in solitary confinement huh? I imagine he would have already been thumped if not. Sheriff Neilson and Boone County SD are better men than I......I would Sheriff Daughtery this guy (boy, that aged me).

I told the wife today, LEO have a tough job. It may be the only job in the world where someone hates on you everyday. I don't think I could have ever handled that. You all stay safe and keep your chins up......most of the public has your back even if you don't always feel that way.

I thought I heard they moved him to Hamilton County jail "for his safety." And thanks. I'm not in this job to be liked, but support from the public goes a long way.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    If anyone is interested in helping out Deputy Pickett's family donations are being accepted for memorial stickers. They are available at Lebanon Police Department, Zionsville Police Department and Move Over Outfitters in Lafayette. Move Over installs the police equipment in Lebanon Pd's cars and Boone County's cars. They made the stickers and 100% of the money goes to Jakes family.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If anyone is interested in helping out Deputy Pickett's family donations are being accepted for memorial stickers. They are available at Lebanon Police Department, Zionsville Police Department and Move Over Outfitters in Lafayette. Move Over installs the police equipment in Lebanon Pd's cars and Boone County's cars. They made the stickers and 100% of the money goes to Jakes family.

Thank you for the info!

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I heard a comment on the radio to the effect that the shooter "will pay the price".

No, he won't. There is no equivalency here. Even if this low-life shooter suffered for hours while being drawn, quartered, and executed, it would not compare to what he has done by removing a good man from a community, from his wife and family, and most of all from 2 little boys. This shooter is the scum of the earth and there is nothing that can make him adequately "pay". :(

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I went to White Lick Elementary school yesterday to talk to the 3rd grade Children that wrote notes that were placed on all of the vehicles involved in the procession. I wanted them to know that their actions did not go un-noticed. I also gave them each a T-shirt that said "It is all about the Brown" with a Sheriff Star on it and a Challenge Coin from the Fallen Deputy Memorial. These children are very impressionable at this age and I wanted them to know that Law Enforcement Officers were aware of the feelings that they expressed in their notes. I had a great time talking with them and answering all their questions and there were some good ones.

At the end of the day I had a young man ask me if he could talk to me privately. I took him aside and we talked about some things that his mom had done. I asked him if things had gotten better with his mom and his answer stunned me so much that I couldn't do anything but hug the little guy and tell him that I was so sorry that he had to go through that. What he said to me was that It had because his mother had passed. I was at a loss for words and had no clue in my mind how to respond.

I left with a sadness in my heart for the young man but hope that I handled it well and that I gave him the reassurance he seemed to be looking for.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I went to White Lick Elementary school yesterday to talk to the 3rd grade Children that wrote notes that were placed on all of the vehicles involved in the procession. I wanted them to know that their actions did not go un-noticed. I also gave them each a T-shirt that said "It is all about the Brown" with a Sheriff Star on it and a Challenge Coin from the Fallen Deputy Memorial. These children are very impressionable at this age and I wanted them to know that Law Enforcement Officers were aware of the feelings that they expressed in their notes. I had a great time talking with them and answering all their questions and there were some good ones.

At the end of the day I had a young man ask me if he could talk to me privately. I took him aside and we talked about some things that his mom had done. I asked him if things had gotten better with his mom and his answer stunned me so much that I couldn't do anything but hug the little guy and tell him that I was so sorry that he had to go through that. What he said to me was that It had because his mother had passed. I was at a loss for words and had no clue in my mind how to respond.

I left with a sadness in my heart for the young man but hope that I handled it well and that I gave him the reassurance he seemed to be looking for.

Once again LEO proves they do more than ticket.

Sorry for the extra heartbreak when you went in with one already.

Thank you

JLJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Carmel

Gave me the chills. God bless you guys and god bless this little young man that lost his mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom