• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Is will never ever vote demoncrap again, period, the end. I pulled third party ticket on every lever I could last two elections excluding presidental elections. When is the last time they actually made a significant contribution to liberty, to the republic or to the people? 50 years ago? The good thing is, with every stupid law they pass and legislation signed they make themselves more irreverent.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I thought Paul Ryan even suggested he should veto, because so many people who voted for it (the majority of whom are Rs) hadn't read it.

I think the only gun-related thing is the CDC study funding. Which results will not be a shock to anyone, methinks.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Lol.....good job voting these clowns into office INGO Republicans.

We were better off with Obama and a divided 3 branches that did nothing. We'd be better off with Hilldawg in the White House. At least then, nothing would get done and it'd be a gridlocked .gov.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

We were better off with Obama and a divided 3 branches that did nothing. We'd be better off with Hilldawg in the White House. At least then, nothing would get done and it'd be a gridlocked .gov.

giphy.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

^^^^He gets it. Nobody glows.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ^^^^He gets it. Nobody glows.

I'm sorry.

Obama was effective enough to pass Obamacare, and defend it in SCOTUS, which decided it wasn't a tax. Where was gridlock when we REALLY needed it.

Now, we basically have a third [strike]rate[/strike] party POTUS and Republican Congress.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm sorry.

Obama was effective enough to pass Obamacare, and defend it in SCOTUS, which decided it wasn't a tax. Where was gridlock when we REALLY needed it.

Now, we basically have a third [strike]rate[/strike] party POTUS and Republican Congress.

Obama had a Democrat congress when the ACA passed, two years after he was elected there was a split, and two years after that it was GOP controlled.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'm not sure how we can automatically assume a third party in office would have done any better. What are we to base this on? Their track record at the national/federal level? By their rhetoric? Is their rhetoric any more trust worthy than the republicans that promised us they'd fix all this if only we elected them? People are people and I don't necessarily see this as a missed opportunity.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was about to email Todd Young about his yea vote. Then I read the relevant part of the bill. Someone please point out the problem:

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-115hr1625eah/pdf/BILLS-115hr1625eah.pdf

Fix NICS is under Division S, Title VI which starts on page 1904 (page 1906 of the PDF).

So far, everything I've read either clarifies a previous definition, establishes accountability, reporting and implementation of the reporting of crime to NICS. What am I missing?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

So this is all our fault....really. What did you do to stop it....vote independent. Yeah that worked out real well huh...:dunno:

They all suck. All of them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Voting third party is as effective as voting Republican in Chicago.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm not sure how we can automatically assume a third party in office would have done any better. What are we to base this on? Their track record at the national/federal level? By their rhetoric? Is their rhetoric any more trust worthy than the republicans that promised us they'd fix all this if only we elected them? People are people and I don't necessarily see this as a missed opportunity.

So vote Republican, right?

You know that saying about the definition of insanity... what was it again?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So vote Republican, right?

You know that saying about the definition of insanity... what was it again?

True. But are we to believe "better angels" reside in another party simply because they espouse certain positions they've never had to test in real life, on the national level, interacting and working with people from other parties, with differing goals and objectives? I know they sound interesting, maybe compelling on certain issues. But at the end of the day, they're simply men and women saying stuff to get your vote. Many of the so-called conservatives said appealing stuff too and they got lots of votes. People are people. And I'm not convinced just because they align with a different party name, we can automatically assume the sausage that they would have made would be that much different.

Top Bottom