• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To be fair, people elected a third party candidate who just so happened to infiltrate a major party. The fact that he won tells me that there's plenty of votes that would like an alternative to the two party system we have now.
    It has been said, that if the GOP didn't win the last election, they would never win another one (presidential) again. That may actually be more correct, than the person who said that imagined.

I'm not so sure the vast majority really want a real change...at least in the direction maybe you and me and a lot of people here on INGO would like to see. If the LP is the vision of the third party alternative you think people have in mind, count me out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He was a bought and paid for Billery shill.

I think he believes the Bernie voters are the future and tried to be the lead clown for that circus when Bernie lost the primary. Him thinking that he represents them confirms what I already thought about him. And the fact the LP chose him over a vastly more principled (albeit inexperienced) Austin Peterson tells me the direction the LP sees itself going.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think he believes the Bernie voters are the future and tried to be the lead clown for that circus when Bernie lost the primary. Him thinking that he represents them confirms what I already thought about him. And the fact the LP chose him over a vastly more principled (albeit inexperienced) Austin Peterson tells me the direction the LP sees itself going.

The LP had local offices in one of the buildings downtown I used to take care of the HVAC and related equipment. 129 E. Market. They had the ground floor by the elevators. The staff could be seen out in the parking garage lighting up all the time and I do mean getting lit up. I would see them crashed out on the couches etc in the afternoon. It did not inspire me to go LP. Not saying this is the norm because that would be a stretch. There was never a lot of activity in that office that I saw.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The LP had local offices in one of the buildings downtown I used to take care of the HVAC and related equipment. 129 E. Market. They had the ground floor by the elevators. The staff could be seen out in the parking garage lighting up all the time and I do mean getting lit up. I would see them crashed out on the couches etc in the afternoon. It did not inspire me to go LP. Not saying this is the norm because that would be a stretch. There was never a lot of activity in that office that I saw.

This doesn't really surprise me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    People should vote for the candidate that best reflects their views. Or at least reflects their values.

That's the way the system was set up. Well, that and the lack of direct election of senators.

But, in terms of the who-should-you-vote-for-part it is about voting for the person (of the available options) that you want to lead us. Most important in the primaries.

There's also an element of working to get the best person (IYO) elected. I know at least some INGOers volunteer for candidates. That's part of the deal, too. If you think someone would be a good leader, help them get elected. If enough people want a different kind of person elected, then it'll happen.

If that's and R/D/I/C/N/A then so be it.

Agreed much with this... and generally I pick 2 or 3 big issues and narrow the field, and then continue down that path until there is a single candidate left who aligns with where I think things need to go. I usually don't have to get too far down the list of issues to narrow it down.

Did nothing? Really? Believe that BS if you want to but the USA of 2016 sure as **** wasn't the USA of 2007.

I'm done voting Republican and wouldn't vote Democrat if Jesus walked the earth and ran as a donkey but convincing yourself we would be better off with HRC in the White House goes way beyond having a creative imagination.

Oh, I don't know, I remember a time when people born with dicks knew which restroom to use. I remember when this country was on the mend from the racial divisions we experienced earlier in the 20th century. I remember when this country wasn't to be ****ed with because we had leaders who would hand a country it's ass when they stepped out of line rather than groveling at their feet and begging for forgiveness for being the leaders we once were. I remember when we didn't give billions of dollars to our enemies to further weaken our position within the world. Some people must have short memories I guess.

**** the Republicans and **** the Democrats. I'm not happy about the bump stock ban and not because I would ever own one but we'd be enjoying a full on AR15 and "high capacity magazine" ban if HRC was in office. You're *****ing about Republicans handing over our rights in one sentence then claiming they'd resist it if HRC was in the white house in the next.

Agreed with pretty much all of these points as well...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump seems intent on being a one term President... I'm not sure that he'll have the momentum to win a second term. Or if will even matter.

That may be by design. It's obvious he doesn't like being scrutinized. He may just be trying to create a devoted customer base to exploit once he walks away from office.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well at least we won't have to worry about HRC getting elected. By the time the election rolls around there won't be a human being left on the planet she hasn't blamed for her loss.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This is why I don't vote for Republicans. I used to Harp on this year's ago, saying Republicans weren't really any better than Democrats, and all I got for it was grief, insults, and quite literally a few people wished my family dead, saying I and they deserved it.

Well, here we are. Thank you, Republicans, so very much.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    His net worth is down like a billion since winning the presidency. That's a heck of a hit to take if that was his motive...

No one has any idea what his net worth is, honestly. Everyone is just guessing. I've seen it range from $800M to $10B. Net worth is so subjective when dealing with the incredibly rich, because often their financial dealings are so complicated, that reaching a "real" figure would be incredibly difficult. Rich people rarely want people to know exactly how rich they are... because Uncle Sam always wants a cut.
    But I'm speaking a little more than wealth. He could walk away from the presidency, and amongst a certain populations, enjoy a significant celebrity/political status, as well as a loyal customer base, and international contacts. If he does, walk away, look for him to absolutely trash Fox News, and create his own channel.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sounds like you just hate hate society and where we have gone as a people.

We're clearly in a better place, aren't we? Everyone is sending each other death threats because everyone is at each other's throat over political issues that for the most part don't even concern them.

Yep, clearly in a better place.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    When yer two choices are always boiled down to either a giant douche or a turd sandwich, what yah gonna do? On my dislike scale, hillary was a 9, trump was a 7. So like a lot, and i mean A LOT of people, you ended up picking the lesser of two evils. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When yer two choices are always boiled down to either a giant douche or a turd sandwich, what yah gonna do? On my dislike scale, hillary was a 9, trump was a 7. So like a lot, and i mean A LOT of people, you ended up picking the lesser of two evils. :dunno:

This has been the cycle for so may years. I want to vote "For" someone not go for the lesser douche bag.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This has been the cycle for so may years. I want to vote "For" someone not go for the lesser douche bag.
    I really think that is impossible these days. If you picked out someone that you know today is the best candidate in the world and ran him for POTUS, by the time he was drug through the mud by the other side for a year or two, you would be wondering how you ever liked the guy.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    1.2 TRILLION and NO WALL ?!?!?!?!!?

Where is our big beautiful wall that was the focal point of the campaign?

20160726_wall.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I find it hard to blame anyone specifically for this election cycle. After the primary, the damage was already done.

One candidate was a lying, misleading, deceitful Democrat... and the other was Hillary.

We were screwed regardless, but probably marginally less screwed with Trump. This omnibus spending bill was a real ****-sandwich, no excuse for it. It's full of things that make the left happy, and I'm finding it difficult to find anything good in it.

And the continuing erosion of 2A... which I feel like he's all too happy with, since he never was a pro-gun person.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So how do we find out what is actually in it.

Scuttle butt and rumor control have it...

There was a lot of misinformation about Fix NICS when it was first proposed, by reactionary folk, but it was debunked by cooler heads. I am not saying those saying that the SS feature is in it are wrong, but I would like some actual analysis.

Waiting on Adam Kraut, I guess.

+1

I have seen too much 'I read a headline and ass-u-me the sky is falling' BS to get too worked up until I see what's in it. Last I saw, the 'fix NICS' bill had BROAD approval, even from the NRA...and sounded pretty reasonable to me when I read it.

Top Bottom