• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Republicans = Democrats at this point. It's burning down anyway, may as well give a third party a shot. You elected Trump on his "word" even though he's historically a gun grabbing Democrat. Why not give the Libertarian party a shot? They claim to be for small .Gov and keeping the .Gov out of your life as much as possible. You trusted Trump, who had a HISTORY of being against you. Why not give another party that aligns with your values shot? Haven't had enough of being bent over the table by the Republicans yet or something?

.....Add another Trillion to the debt! Awesome work Republicans!

True. But are we to believe "better angels" reside in another party simply because they espouse certain positions they've never had to test in real life, on the national level, interacting and working with people from other parties, with differing goals and objectives? I know they sound interesting, maybe compelling on certain issues. But at the end of the day, they're simply men and women saying stuff to get your vote. Many of the so-called conservatives said appealing stuff too and they got lots of votes. People are people. And I'm not convinced just because they align with a different party name, we can automatically assume the sausage that they would have made would be that much different.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Voting independent when an independent hasn't won in any of our lifetimes, seems like the perfect definition of insanity to me.

That is my point. I get it. I really do. I have a few friends and relatives that went independent. They all said it was to make a statement......I asked To who. Who cares. What was the impact. Who saw it. "NOBODY"

But in the current 1 party system (yes I said it) what the **** good does it do to declare your party at the polls. They all need to be sent back to where it was they came. All of them.
    Problem with that is who will step up. A bunch of young progressives.
    Why are these body's even relevant. Do we need any more laws. Do we follow the ones we already have that cover pretty much everything under the sun.

Yes I am pretty pi$$ed off right now. Actually beyond Pi$$ed off.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not sure how we can automatically assume a third party in office would have done any better. What are we to base this on? Their track record at the national/federal level? By their rhetoric? Is their rhetoric any more trust worthy than the republicans that promised us they'd fix all this if only we elected them? People are people and I don't necessarily see this as a missed opportunity.

To be fair, people elected a third party candidate who just so happened to infiltrate a major party. The fact that he won tells me that there's plenty of votes that would like an alternative to the two party system we have now.
    It has been said, that if the GOP didn't win the last election, they would never win another one (presidential) again. That may actually be more correct, than the person who said that imagined.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    People should vote for the candidate that best reflects their views. Or at least reflects their values.

That's the way the system was set up. Well, that and the lack of direct election of senators.

But, in terms of the who-should-you-vote-for-part it is about voting for the person (of the available options) that you want to lead us. Most important in the primaries.

There's also an element of working to get the best person (IYO) elected. I know at least some INGOers volunteer for candidates. That's part of the deal, too. If you think someone would be a good leader, help them get elected. If enough people want a different kind of person elected, then it'll happen.

If that's and R/D/I/C/N/A then so be it.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    That is my point. I get it. I really do. I have a few friends and relatives that went independent. They all said it was to make a statement......I asked To who. Who cares. What was the impact. Who saw it. "NOBODY"

But in the current 1 party system (yes I said it) what the **** good does it do to declare your party at the polls. They all need to be sent back to where it was they came. All of them.
    Problem with that is who will step up. A bunch of young progressives.
    Why are these body's even relevant. Do we need any more laws. Do we follow the ones we already have that cover pretty much everything under the sun.

Yes I am pretty pi$$ed off right now. Actually beyond Pi$$ed off.

I've read every single post of this thread and appreciate your ability to articulate coherent thought and complete sentences. Every frustration that hits my thought process turns into diarrhea of the brain because I'm so furious.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Lol.....good job voting these clowns into office INGO Republicans.

We were better off with Obama and a divided 3 branches that did nothing. We'd be better off with Hilldawg in the White House. At least then, nothing would get done and it'd be a gridlocked .gov.

Did nothing? Really? Believe that BS if you want to but the USA of 2016 sure as **** wasn't the USA of 2007.

I'm done voting Republican and wouldn't vote Democrat if Jesus walked the earth and ran as a donkey but convincing yourself we would be better off with HRC in the White House goes way beyond having a creative imagination.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did nothing? Really? Believe that BS if you want to but the USA of 2016 sure as **** wasn't the USA of 2007.

I'm done voting Republican and wouldn't vote Democrat if Jesus walked the earth and ran as a donkey but convincing yourself we would be better off with HRC in the White House goes way beyond having a creative imagination.

Thank you. I did not know how to tackle that one and not get banned.............Oh wait.....:)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    She wouldn’t have been able to do **** with a republican lead house and senate. She’d have done less harm to the 2a than Trump has because the house and Senate would have been actively against every single thing she proposed or tried based on perceived party loyalty. It would be a stale 4 years.

Instead, the Republicans are ACTIVELY eroding the 2a. ****ing despicable. Hope you enjoy your bump stock ban.

Only good that came from Trump was Gorsuch. That is the ONLY thing that’s been done.

Wheres the hearing protection act? Where’s national reciprocity? We haven’t gotten ****. **** the Republicans.. All lip service. They got into power and have done NOTHING.

What EXACTLY did we lose under Obama? Obamacare is the only major thing that changed. Our 2a was not eroded.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    She wouldn’t have been able to do **** with a republican lead house and senate. She’d have done less harm to the 2a than Trump has because the house and Senate would have been actively against every single thing she proposed or tried based on perceived party loyalty. It would be a stale 4 years.

Instead, the Republicans are ACTIVELY eroding the 2a. ****ing despicable. Hope you enjoy your bump stock ban.

Only good that came from Trump was Gorsuch. That is the ONLY thing that’s been done.

Wheres the hearing protection act? Where’s national reciprocity? We haven’t gotten ****. **** the Republicans.. All lip service. They got into power and have done NOTHING.

What EXACTLY did we lose under Obama? Obamacare is the only major thing that changed. Our 2a was not eroded.

^^^the man has a point

Kut (is the hype-man)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Oh, I don't know, I remember a time when people born with dicks knew which restroom to use. I remember when this country was on the mend from the racial divisions we experienced earlier in the 20th century. I remember when this country wasn't to be ****ed with because we had leaders who would hand a country it's ass when they stepped out of line rather than groveling at their feet and begging for forgiveness for being the leaders we once were. I remember when we didn't give billions of dollars to our enemies to further weaken our position within the world. Some people must have short memories I guess.

**** the Republicans and **** the Democrats. I'm not happy about the bump stock ban and not because I would ever own one but we'd be enjoying a full on AR15 and "high capacity magazine" ban if HRC was in office. You're *****ing about Republicans handing over our rights in one sentence then claiming they'd resist it if HRC was in the white house in the next.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You can not really be serious. As to the 2A yes this is sucking but man "O" half destroyed about everything he touched. Right now there are more jobs then are being filled. Skilled tradesmen are in high demand and money is flowing again. Billery would have continued down the scorched earth policy's that "O" had put in place.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, I don't know, I remember a time when people born with dicks knew which restroom to use. I remember when this country was on the mend from the racial divisions we experienced earlier in the 20th century. I remember when this country wasn't to be ****ed with because we had leaders who would hand a country it's ass when they stepped out of line rather than groveling at their feet and begging for forgiveness for being the leaders we once were. I remember when we didn't give billions of dollars to our enemies to further weaken our position within the world. Some people must have short memories I guess.

**** the Republicans and **** the Democrats. I'm not happy about the bump stock ban and not because I would ever own one but we'd be enjoying a full on AR15 and "high capacity magazine" ban if HRC was in office. You're *****ing about Republicans handing over our rights in one sentence then claiming they'd resist it if HRC was in the white house in the next.

Yup.....did better again.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Sounds like you just hate hate society and where we have gone as a people.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Republicans = Democrats at this point. It's burning down anyway, may as well give a third party a shot. You elected Trump on his "word" even though he's historically a gun grabbing Democrat. Why not give the Libertarian party a shot? They claim to be for small .Gov and keeping the .Gov out of your life as much as possible. You trusted Trump, who had a HISTORY of being against you. Why not give another party that aligns with your values shot? Haven't had enough of being bent over the table by the Republicans yet or something?

.....Add another Trillion to the debt! Awesome work Republicans!

When your alternative was Gary "bake-the-cake" Johnson? :lmfao:

Yeah....no thanks.

Top Bottom