Only one gun for the rest of your life!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If you could only own one for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

• Total voters

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    If by "gun" you are referring to the serialized frame that the govt. considers to be a firearm, then I have to say the AR platform. You can have calibers from .22lr up to a .50BMG on the same lower and barrels from 7 inches to 30 inches. Come to think of it, why do I have all these other guns?:dunno:

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I'll tell anyone who asks me, "what is the most diverse gun across the board"? My answer has not changed and probably will not unless I see something else. The standard shotgun is nearly indestructible. You can use it for home defense, hunting, sporting, and recreation. Believe it or not it really isn't that expensive to shoot either depending on what your shooting. Personally I would prefer something like my benelli auto shotgun rather than a pump. But I still keep my trusty pump guns near by and still use them. Very simple to use and clean. The only downfall is that you are constantly loading it when shooting. I plan to do the magpul dynamics tactical shotgun this summer is my schedule permits.

ERyanH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    My Schmidt-rubin K31. has a 12 round mag for 7.5x55mm. ammo isnt quite too bad, plus its easy to chamber a new round with that straight pull bolt. and is a pretty accurate rifle

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    picture.php

I love it. I'd love it more in black with a punisher skull.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    A SIG 1911 in some form or other.
    Cause they cool. and I want one eventually.

But this thread is like asking, would you rather be blind or deaf.
    Or what would you if you won the lottery.
    Waste of time. ... not gonna happen...

But I'd rather be blind for sure and I'd pay off my debt and spend like a drunken sailor.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I am a Glock lifer. Having taken the Glock Armorer Course and having carried one since 1992, there is no looking back. I know if I have an issue that I can easily fix it. I am on my seventh Glock and have yet to have a problem with one of them. :twocents:

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    Seriously no AK love? If I could only have one gun I'd have a suppressed draco sbr. Small enough to conceal, powerful enough to take down just about anything, light enough to carry comfortably, accurate enough to hunt or take down a man sized target at a couple hundred yards, reliable enough to hold up in the weather and rough conditions, enough capacity to lay down suppressing fire, short enough for cqb, and a mean enough sound when chambering it to make someone think twice about messing with you....

But thankfully I don't have to have only one gun :)

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    K31. I have enough of them that parts arent an issue.

And I'd use it to rob Samco of all of the GP11 ammo they have left. :):

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I gotta go with my trusty 12 gauge, aint much that needs killin that I can't kill with that. Especially if your gonna let me change barrels.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    My choice in last place??

I voted for the .22LR.
    Seems to be in last place??

1. A .22 rifle is probably the most common firearm listed.

2. The .22 LR ammo is the MOST common caliber (Probably World wide?)

3. The .22 LR caliber has taken (Killed) everything from Tweedy Birds to Cows.

4. Anyone can shoot a .22LR accuratly without any special training.

5. The .22 LR has been, and will be around when some of the others are long gone.

6. The .22LR caliber ammo can be bought for $.02 a round anywhere in the USA.

7. I do NOT recommend it, but the .22LR can be fired through a rifle without ear protection, with little/no hearing damage (??).

I could go on--The POINT is: The .22LR in a rifle (Or handgun) DOES have more going for it than any other of the choices listed..IMO--Of Course...Bill.

papakevin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    If I can cheat, an AR-15 with a 22 upper as well. I believe there is value in having a 22 that you can accurately shoot, however I don't want to give up the .223/5.56 firepower. Same lower, two uppers, two types of magazines. Cheating? Maybe.

Ryan281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    I would choose a Glock 19. It can be carried on an ankle, pocket, on duty, or IWB with a light on the rail. My main concern is defending my family and I can't do that with an AR15 when I am shopping at Meijer' but the Glock is an always gun. In reality we can't pick when and where we get atacked and the G19 allows me options to carry it all the time.
    Ryan

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    My Marlin 336. .30-30 is a proven deer rifle. If you hit a BG once he is going to go down and stay down. It's not particularly threatening looking and people are use to seeing lever actions in the westerns so you could get away with carrying it without scaring everyone. Easy to clean and built to take a beating. Reasonably short enough to maneuver in a house and long enough to use as a club if you run out of bullets. With practice you can fire quick and place good shots and you can top off the magazine with it at your shoulder.
    I though about a handgun but as has been said many times, "a handgun is for fighting your way back to the rifle you should have had with you all along."

Top Bottom