OPEN INGO SHOOT Sept 24 @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just for fun, I will share failsafe directions for the navigationally challenged. I know that this is not the most efficient way (but it's not THAT inefficient), but offers very little if any chance for a wrong turn. Take State Route 59 to Brazil, north from 70, south from 36, or if you take 40 into Brazil, go north to the 4-way stop. It is the only 4-way stop on 59 anywhere near Brazil. Turn west at the stop--left if you came from 70 or 40, right if you came from 36. Drive until you get to the end of the road and turn right/north. Drive until you get to the end of the road and turn right/east. Drive to the first 4-way stop. You are there. Turn right at the stop and then right into the drive.

For those with stronger navigation skills, please do not feel condescended upon, but I have known enough great people who are not great navigators that I felt that a foolproof set of directions may be helpful.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone bringing clay targets? I just realized I burned through all mine.

Trying to decide whether to pack the O/U.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Just for fun, I will share failsafe directions for the navigationally challenged. I know that this is not the most efficient way (but it's not THAT inefficient), but offers very little if any chance for a wrong turn. Take State Route 59 to Brazil, north from 70, south from 36, or if you take 40 into Brazil, go north to the 4-way stop. It is the only 4-way stop on 59 anywhere near Brazil. Turn west at the stop--left if you came from 70 or 40, right if you came from 36. Drive until you get to the end of the road and turn right/north. Drive until you get to the end of the road and turn right/east. Drive to the first 4-way stop. You are there. Turn right at the stop and then right into the drive.

For those with stronger navigation skills, please do not feel condescended upon, but I have known enough great people who are not great navigators that I felt that a foolproof set of directions may be helpful.

If I go north from 40 to the stop. I cannot turn left and west.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Anyone bringing clay targets? I just realized I burned through all mine.

Trying to decide whether to pack the O/U.

I have several dozen "MOSKEETO" clays that I'll bring.
    They are a mere 2- 3/4" in diameter.
    Thought they would present a challenge.

From what I gathered, these things were shot at county fairs and the like. A lot of times they were shot inside large barns using .22lr shot-shells.
    That must have been something to watch.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well I won't be there today. :(

My daughter's 8th birthday party is today and I'm getting ready to go set things up for that. I hope everyone has a great day! take pics!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    What an excellent time. Lot of cool toys, good weather and good company.
    Thanks Don for hosting. Very generous of you

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I didn't taken pix.

I am home and we all had a good time. I met some new folks and some folks I knew and did some shooting and had a good time.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I and my son had a great time.
    To any one that did not attend......you missed a good one.
    This!

It was a great time! Got to meet a few new people, and see others I hadn't seen in awhile.
    Thank you for hosting Don, and the shoot house was very cool, along with your instruction.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I just got home. I had a fantastic time. I was great meeting a number of you all.

Thanks to Don for hosting. Proteq is my favorite range to shoot at so it was nice to get out there again.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I went through it with the MPX. Didn't set any records, but if they needed killing, they got shot in the face a couple times. All friendlys survived. I'd call it a win.

What? A carbine was an option? Well, if I had known that, I would have used my MP5, rather than my Sig. I might even have gotten that last sneaky bad guy in the middle that I missed (to be fair, he had a tiny little head). Of course, according to Don, my sweeping around corners without using cover would have probably got me shot anyway. :):

Just shows, I need to do some work on that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just got home. I had a fantastic time. I was great meeting a number of you all.

Thanks to Don for hosting. Proteq is my favorite range to shoot at so it was nice to get out there again.

I am sorry I disrupted your spotting process. Those 2 rifles are obnoxious to bystanders (sitters :))

Good to meet you sir.

Top Bottom