OPEN INGO SHOOT Sept 24 @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You could send him a PM and ask,I hadn't when I PMed him. Just wanted to know if he was coming so I could know if I should bring something he wanted to shoot.

AllenM, I have it all packed up and ready so I will bring it for sure. :yesway:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Finalized and approved by the better half: I'll be there with a trunk full of fun to share such as the Tavor X95 (.223/5.56), Kel-Tec RFB (.308/7.62), Calico 951 (9mm), Bond Bullpup (9mm), CZ52 (7.62 Tokorov), and more.

Mgderf needs a ride. Not sure where he lives but he said he would come if he was able to get a ride. I looked at his profile but he doesn't say where he is. :(

I'm willing to give a ride if he's near Columbus or on the way.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I sent him one too, when I know where he is I will let you know. I also told him I posted this situation here in the thread so maybe he will drop by and see who might be able to give a hand. :ingo:

Thanks INGO!

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Mgderf needs a ride. Not sure where he lives but he said he would come if he was able to get a ride. I looked at his profile but he doesn't say where he is. :(

CameraMonkey and I can pick him up as well, if he is on the Westside of Indy (Moorseville, Camby, Plainfield, Avon, etc).

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I will bring 9mm ammo. I want to shoot your HK. I'll have a scope to look at targets so folks can sight stuff in without walking and a bag rest. I don't know if I have anything to sight in, no new scopes yet. I will likely just shoot. I will bring some exploding targets if I find them. We are allowed to shoot them on this special day as long as we clean up any mess we make.

I am looking forward to this, I usually do. Should be a great time, so far the extended forecast says the weather is gonna be perfect.

Yeah, I am bringing 9mm and 22lr because it is all I have. The HK is a sweet gun.

I have a laser bore sight to use for sighting in the red dot on the 10/22 (if it isn't to bright and washes it out).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I am bringing 9mm and 22lr because it is all I have. The HK is a sweet gun.

I have a laser bore sight to use for sighting in the red dot on the 10/22 (if it isn't to bright and washes it out).
    We can put up a big a** piece of paper and walk it in. it will definitely wash out.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Bring what you have, I will let you shoot my HK too, HK91, whatever (never remember the numbers these days), 7.62x51/308 Win. I have a bunch of ammo for it so no worries. Still looking for the magazines but I have one at least. Still trying to find the stuff my Dad put away when he was cleaning up, meaning hiding anything that seemed like a weapon to him. I have a few places to look yet so maybe I will find them. Hope I can find at least one or two. He's a good guy, a bit anti weapon but he is OK. :yesway:

I can't see red lasers in the daylight so maybe others can give you a hand. The scope is available to whomever needs to use it. It works well but is a little old so it is kinda big. I have a tripod to mount it and all the stuff needed to use it so someone with good eyes can give you a hand sighting it in.

When Mgderf lets me know where he lives or will be I suppose I will let you guys know if he hasn't let someone else know and gotten a ride already. :dunno:

I am going to bring my BP NAA Mini revolver and another couple NAAs though they are Magnums or 17 HMRs, I like those things for some reason…

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    What are you bringing Churchmouse? I want to know so I can shoot what you have as well as mine. I am mostly bringing rifles:

• Henry 327FM
    • Marlin 44 mag
    • Puma 454/45
    • HK (whichever number a 308 semi is)
    • Maybe my AK that uses AR mags

The handguns I will bring as small:

• NAA Mini Master 22 Magnum
    • NAA Mini Master 17 HMR
    • NAA Companion Black Power 22 ~mag~ equivalent.
    I will bring ammo for other's things, like some 357 Target stuff and 9mm target stuff and even some 22LR but that is about all I plan on bringing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Looking forward to it. Ran past there today on my way across 70 on my way home from a business trip to E'ville. Don has everything squared away for us. I just emailed him for permission to do a few simple things that are against his normal posted rules. We'll see what he says. (he's a pretty reasonable guy)

I'll bring my:
    AR15
    AR9
    10/22
    G19
    G42?
    P89DC?
    Ruger 22/45?

The ?s I'm on the fence, so if you want to try them out, let me know and I'll throw them in for sure.

I'll also bring a few fun drill targets and shot timer if anyone wants to try them.

Hoping to get my new AR9 upper (Spartan LRBHO) swapped with my current upper friday. Will be interesting to see how it works.

Oh, and I dont get out of church until 11:30, so I'll be there around 12:45 or so. I'll send the nametags with Haven because he is planning on being there at 11.

Oh and dont forget to use tarps to catch your brass, ESPECIALLY out in the grassy areas. It makes life SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier at the end of the day. (dump them out vs digging in the grass for them on your hands and knees.)

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What are you bringing Churchmouse? I want to know so I can shoot what you have as well as mine. I am mostly bringing rifles:

• Henry 327FM
    • Marlin 44 mag
    • Puma 454/45
    • HK (whichever number a 308 semi is)
    • Maybe my AK that uses AR mags

The handguns I will bring as small:

• NAA Mini Master 22 Magnum
    • NAA Mini Master 17 HMR
    • NAA Companion Black Power 22 ~mag~ equivalent.
    I will bring ammo for other's things, like some 357 Target stuff and 9mm target stuff and even some 22LR but that is about all I plan on bringing.

As I recall you had a rifle that needed sighted in. Dont forget to bring that. Sorry we couldnt hook up to do that sooner my friend.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've decided I've missed enough of these fun shoots, so I'm in.
    Warthog can be credited for dragging me along.

Looks like I might have to pack the whole car.

I know I'll bring my new Henry Big Boy steel .327 Federal magnum.
    I'll also bring,
    Another Henry Big Boy (carbine) in .357mag.
    Marlin 1895 .45-70govt.
    Mossberg 464 .30-30
    Puma M92 .454Casull
    Taurus Raging Bull .454Casull
    Ruger Blackhawk 10" barrel .44mag
    Ruger SP101 .327 Fed/mag
    AR15 chambered in .410 bore. Might try that on some clays.
    Also wouldn't mind trying some clays with my Taurus Judge .410 revolver.

This sounds like a LOT of fun...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Looks like a full car to me! Glad you got things worked out, it is a fun shoot. I will see all of you there and I look forward to it too!

CameraMonkey, already got it done so I won't be bringing it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had a nice email exchange with Don. We will be setting up a PRONE ONLY 25yd station for anyone that wants to do that. (targets have to be aligned properly so we arent skipping them over the berm)

We will also be setting up some steel across the creek on the hillside behind the transition range. That way if we want some steel closer than 150 we have it. I assume at that range we will only be hitting those with pistol calibers.

Also an important reminder if you want to partake in the steel in the CAR on the other side of the valley; you need to use pistol only, and shoot only frangible, cast lead, or plated (in that order... we are still finalizing testing on plated). the chance of backsplatter of very sharp FMJ jackets is too dangerous at that range. And of course EVERYONE needs eyes when over there whether you are shooting or not. (I personally prefer you always have eye pro on whenever ANYONE is shooting around you)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Weather looks like it will be great! Who is bringing a camera so they can get the pix for the AAR? I may but IDK yet, still packing my guns and ammo don't have a tripod either.

Still hoping to find more magazines for my G3 semi, have one more place to look before I give up. I have found some exploding targets, some 22 targets and some centerfire targets. Back to packing stuff up. No loaded magazines, gonna bring my applicable LULAs to make the loading easier. Just got some 22 CB shorts in so I may even bring some of my old 22 short revolvers. Don't want them to blow up so I use CB shorts to take it easy on them.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    The main rifle range rule is be sure YOU know where your bullet stops. That is the reason for CM's comment on prone target placement. Align your rifle from where ever you are shooting so that the bullet MUST strike the vertical berm at 150 yards. There are dedicated target boards at 50, 100, and 150. Several steel plates will be out a 150. If you desire to place your own --- place it ALSO at 150. I may be able to get at least one steel on the transition range hill out to 40 or 50 yards for some rifle engagement. You also can use that same hill for your tannerite and pumpkins. The first (far east) stage area of the C.A.R. will have a series of paper targets to provide a scenario shoot / timed competition for the pistols (if you desire). The next (Stages 2 & 3) berm area is loaded with steel silhouettes and plate arrays for your pistol play. You certainly are safer using ammo more likely to frag. Be sure you shoot from behind the Facade firing where you remain several yards from the steel. CM is CORRECT eye safety all the time shooter or watcher. Be sure you bring hydration (non-alcoholic) and any food you desire. It's four miles to the nearest 'quick pick' or 'choke and puke" See you Sunday. Be Safe and Clean Up

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am all packed up and ready to load my car up. Bought some 12 ga and some other stuff but can't find the dang mags for my HK. I have one. Stupid stuff but they are here, just no idea where.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    The Shoot House is UP and Operational in Stage 1 of the C.A.R. It has multiple Threats and/or Innocents. it is Pistol ONLY. There will be a timer present and score sheet if you want to measure your runs. I suggest you NOT go cheat/look before your first run. ALSO don't tell what you saw. How you react to the first surprise engagement is a much better measure of your effectiveness than walking through, choreography a plan, and then gaming the clock. If you brought your Carry Weapon - USE IT. There is some ability to rearrange the interior scenario for secondary runs. Forcing a magazine change would be GOOD training and if you plan that start with SIX (6) rounds in that first magazine. That will create a stress factor early in your run. I may need a little help at the start with erecting a couple shade covers. Of course lots of help will be needed for cleanup. It would be VERY Wise to use some tarps and I may place a huge one on the rifle range. It has been advertised as an OPEN HOUSE, so hopefully you, your friends, and some strangers will be attending. Meet - Greet - and Share.

Top Bottom