• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Welp, the ill-advised actions of our forefathers are finally reaping what was sown. The children of whom have apparently not forgotten.

Sure, when there's an illness that you treat rather than cure, you will be suspect to fall ill to it again.

Slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, the Klan.... the nation handled those poorly. The oppression of people, like my parents and grandparents has not been forgotten. Not by those who endured it, nor those who had families that supported or participated in it. Today, the sons and daughters from both sides, are overreacting in trying to set things right.

Cause or effect?

The way I see it, the nation had been generationally healing for the past several decades. I thought in the mid-2000's that we were getting close to not caring about race, at least much closer than we've ever been. I mean when I can walk through the break room in a Mississippi factory and see black people and white people sitting together at tables, joking and talking, that's saying a lot about real racial progress. ****ing MISSISSIPPI!

Then in the past 10 years, especially the past 5, the leftist identitarians have really exacerbated the overreaction you're referring to. Maybe the sins of our fathers have helped make that possible. But I suspect they could have pulled it off anyway. At any rate, given the progress we've made over the last generations, the sins of our fathers are clearly not the cause of THIS cultural revolution. This revolution is not organic, or we'd have stayed on that track of actual healing that we were on. Now we're about as far from not caring about race as we were in the 70s.

We have black people WANTING segregation, for ****'s sake.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Cause or effect?

The way I see it, the nation had been generationally healing for the past several decades. I thought in the mid-2000's that we were getting close to not caring about race, at least much closer than we've ever been. I mean when I can walk through the break room in a Mississippi factory and see black people and white people sitting together at tables, joking and talking, that's saying a lot about real racial progress. ****ing MISSISSIPPI!

Then in the past 10 years, especially the past 5, the leftist identitarians have really exacerbated the overreaction you're referring to. Maybe the sins of our fathers have helped make that possible. But I suspect they could have pulled it off anyway. At any rate, given the progress we've made over the last generations, the sins of our fathers are clearly not the cause of THIS cultural revolution. This revolution is not organic, or we'd have stayed on that track of actual healing that we were on. Now we're about as far from not caring about race as we were in the 70s.

Man you are so,right

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    First of all we, on both sides, have to reject those who continue to preach division. This includes the mainstream media. But most importantly we have to be able to discuss, with honesty, the issues that face us. We have to address poverty, lack of education and crime. We have to look at what's been attempted and the truth of why it has failed. Everyone must have as much of an equal shot at success as possible. How do we achieve that goal.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    First of all we, on both sides, have to reject those who continue to preach division. This includes the mainstream media. But most importantly we have to be able to discuss, with honesty, the issues that face us. We have to address poverty, lack of education and crime. We have to look at what's been attempted and the truth of why it has failed. Everyone must have as much of an equal shot at success as possible. How do we achieve that goal.

I think we have to accomplish what is in your first sentence before we can begin to do the rest. Right now anyone on either side that proposes any solutions to the problems are successfully attacked by those that preach division in order to gain power.

It leaves me wondering to what extent democracy can even work when the population is evenly divided over ideology. It makes it too easy on the dividers. It's a sobering thought that I hope is wrong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Cause or effect?

The way I see it, the nation had been generationally healing for the past several decades.I thought in the mid-2000's that we were getting close to not caring about race, at least much closer than we've ever been. I mean when I can walk through the break room in a Mississippi factory and see black people and white people sitting together at tables, joking and talking, that's saying a lot about real racial progress. ****ing MISSISSIPPI!

And they're idiots. The nation was, and still is, generally healing. Regardless of what people think, were aren't going backwards, though it may seem that way. Exposing true beliefs is probably essential completing the last step to acceptance. The white people AND black people who are racists, are being exposed for who they are. Neither Trump nor Obama made these people that way, they just had a hand in exposing them.
    Now it's unfortunate that we've got to this point, and it could have possibly been avoided... maybe. But the fact remains that people don't so easily forget, and they pass down their hard feelings to their children. You got to get it out, and face those demons, because until you do, nothing will ever be solved.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Ok then, let's talk about reparations, because that always seems to catch the ire of conservative white people. Have black people, at any point in American history ever deserved reparations? If you say no, explain. If you say yes, also explain.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Cause or effect?

Difficult to see this ever go away. Perceptions, idiots, and reality will always get in the way, Lack of civil discourse just doesn't make it any better. At this point in fact civil discourse is necessary. I believe stop and frisk is racial profiling and statistically proven ineffective someone else believes the direct opposite. Police discriminate against minorities. Minorities are making this a larger problem than what it is.

There's a truth somewhere and sometimes I'm wrong but sometimes I'm right as well. Sometimes there just needs to be a middle ground.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm watching National Geographic Channel about Auschwitz concentration camp.
    The Jews are adamant about keeping these memories and places alive so it won't ever happen again.
    There's little left of the camps and the millions that were savagely destroyed. A couple of photo albums and scrap books are revered due to the small amount of actual evidence of what's left.
    Maybe the rest of humanity could learn from the mistakes of the past.
    The paths that I'm seeing being taken by many look to be mistakes that may have terrible consequences.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Jews are adamant about keeping these memories and places alive so it won't ever happen again.
    There's little left of the camps and the millions that were savagely destroyed. A couple of photo albums and scrap books are revered due to the small amount of actual evidence of what's left.
    The paths that I'm seeing being taken by many look to be mistakes that may have terrible consequences.

There is a show called Hitler's Children that looks at the modern day children and grandchildren of the top Nazis. It includes an amazingly heart-warming segment in which the grandson of the Auschwitz camp commander visits the camp for the first time and meets a group of visiting Israeli school children. You witness the healing that man experiences as these kids hug him; it gets a little dusty.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

It even has a greater impact if you ever get a chance to go there, I was lucky enough to do so. Most of the buildings were no longer there, but just being there had an impact on me. I also went to a museum where they had an actual cattle car that they used. It just simply repulsed me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok then, let's talk about reparations, because that always seems to catch the ire of conservative white people. Have black people, at any point in American history ever deserved reparations? If you say no, explain. If you say yes, also explain.

That is irrelevent because none of the people demanding it now deserve it and none of the people they're demanding it from owe it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It even has a greater impact if you ever get a chance to go there, I was lucky enough to do so. Most of the buildings were no longer there, but just being there had an impact on me. I also went to a museum where they had an actual cattle car that they used. It just simply repulsed me.

The air force museum in Dayton Ohio has a.nice section about the holocost. Also has a nice section about the black pilots that served in segregated units in wwii. Not to diminish the role of all veterans of wwii, but a lot of accounts by white pilots say that the black pilots were some of the best ever because they weren't trying for medals or glory. This is from guys that were there and not my words.

The museum is free so there's no excuse not to go see such an awesome place. They have great sections on all,of the wars and Vietnam even has some M16's and m79's!! And original, vcaptured AK47 and sks.
    Also space craft and presidential air planes.including the jet that brought president Kennedy's body home which Johnson took the oath of office next to a bloodied Mrs Kennedy. You can actually stand in that spot on the plane and get goosebumps.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

I have seen quite a few "historic sites" courtesy of the Reich.
    I remain adamant that we keep these historic sites and statues intact to smack us in the face when we begin to have stupid thoughts again.
    People as a whole don't appear smart enough not to repeat the mistakes of the past without being reminded.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I think that the best thing that could be done for most poor blacks is a.proper education. If they received that and found out how the left has intentionally held them down with their boot on their necks most would probably become republicans.
    Education is the answer to most of the world's problems.
    The only reason ALL Americans don't truly receive proper educations is by design by the elite

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is irrelevent because none of the people demanding it now deserve it and none of the people they're demanding it from owe it.

You've dismiss it without even thinking about it. It's obvious that your mind is closed, and that doesn't help the situation. You say it's irrelevant, I say it's not. So I'll ask again is there any point in our nation's history that black people deserved reparations? This time, think about it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think that the best thing that could be done for most poor blacks is a.proper education. If they received that and found out how the left has intentionally held them down with their boot on their necks most would probably become republicans.
    Education is the answer to most of the world's problems.
    The only reason ALL Americans don't truly receive proper educations is by design or the elite

Perhaps, but I asked a question. If you could, please answer it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, the Klan.... the nation handled those poorly. The oppression of people, like my parents and grandparents has not been forgotten. Not by those who endured it, nor those who had families that supported or participated in it. Today, the sons and daughters from both sides, are overreacting in trying to set things right.

So I guess me getting my ass kicked almost daily when they started busing is OK then because those butt heads were just mad at me for crap I did not do nor my parents did. I did step up on my self defense skills through all of that and you really do not want to go there with me any more but damn it.
    Its been a long long time passed. Lets stop the Bravo Sierra and get this over with. Seriously.

A lot of this crap is self generated and we all know it. Over reacting is right but again, who is setting them off in this direction. Their own leaders. Religios and political. It has become an industry for many.

Just my personal observation from years of living it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So I guess me getting my ass kicked almost daily when they started busing is OK then because those butt heads were just mad at me for crap I did not do nor my parents did. I did step up on my self defense skills through all of that and you really do not want to go there with me any more but damn it.
    Its been a long long time passed. Lets stop the Bravo Sierra and get this over with. Seriously.

A lot of this crap is self generated and we all know it. Over reacting is right but again, who is setting them off in this direction. Their own leaders. Religios and political. It has become an industry for many.

Just my personal observation from years of living it.

You, are also dismissing the question, without thinking about it, nor have you answered the question. Answer the question.

Top Bottom