• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think you can judge how wrong those cops actions were when the "you hate all cops and wish they were dead" bullies are unwilling to join in this thread.

I got accused of being upset the Indy officer wasn't killed simply because I chose to stand up for another member here.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You also seem to think that if I have a perfectly working license plate that then burns out while I'm driving, I now have surrendered many of my rights. You can stop me for the light, you can order my passengers to produce ID, you can make me exit the vehicle, and if I argue with you during all this, you can handcuff me and then go get a drug dog to sniff my vehicle.

All because my light burned out and I didn't treat you exactly in the way you wanted me to.

Do you really not see a problem with this, or are you so into being a cop that you can't see the citizens' side of this? Can you not see how this makes a mockery of being secure in our persons?

I guess in order to exercise our rights, we need to do a Chinese firedrill at every stoplight or sign to make sure all lights are working.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As for really "so into being a cop" actually no I am not. I gotta admit I thing the job sucks big time and dread going to work every night.

:

Might I suggest you find a new line of work while you, the citizens, and the taxpayers are still ahead?

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    theres a law that headlights are to be on in the dark.. i think it goes something like that. i doubt car manufactures put lights on license plates for the heck of it. im sure theres some fed regulation that says it has to be there in working order. so if its out...

Yeah, I know. But not every "violation" of a law is a crime. Look it up.

:rolleyes:

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    ... 99.9% of the people I meet are decent people that cooperate. I know and understand that. I know most people work hard to scrap by and the last thing they need is a ticket to pay. As a result I write very few citations for the minor things. But it is our discretion. ...

Unless things have changed in the last 20+ years, this is the attitude of most officers. Other than the occasional short skirt, traffic stops are not "fun." Yes, citizens certainly have rights, but most LEOs are good people just trying to protect us from each other.

:horse: We've sort of beat this post like a dead horse, but I still have a question that we'll probably never see an answer to. Unless it was a very boring shift, there must have been something else to alert the officer other than a bulb outage.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Unless things have changed in the last 20+ years, this is the attitude of most officers. Other than the occasional short skirt, traffic stops are not "fun." Yes, citizens certainly have rights, but most LEOs are good people just trying to protect us from each other.

:horse: We've sort of beat this post like a dead horse, but I still have a question that we'll probably never see an answer to. Unless it was a very boring shift, there must have been something else to alert the officer other than a bulb outage.

We've had officers on here admit to being bored and pulling people over hoping to find something big with no more pc than something trivial. Why is it so hard to believe that the only thing he did wrong was a burnt
    out bulb?

I'd like to know what percentage of burnt out bulb tickets occur at night vs daylight hours. I'm guessing it's at least 20 to 1. Obviously they are more noticeable at night but a turn signal bulb is just as necessary during the day as it is at night. If the only purpose of these stops is to keep cars in safe operating conditions, than you'd hear about these stops a lot more options. It is nothing more than a court sanctioned tool to allow a cop to act on his gut that someone is up to no good.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    OK so they let them go right ? He got a ticket for the burnt out bulb but thats it ? As it should be because other than that they didnt break any laws and exercised their constitutional rights so a big plus one to them !:patriot:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I just want to add some potentially forgotten perspective in the heat of everyone arguing.

The fourth amendment doesn't exist because it inconveniences officers. Officer safety trumps the Bill of Rights (Sorry, Bill).

A minor light being burnt out on a vehicle where all other lights are functional for operation of the motor vehicle is grounds for legally pointing a deadly weapon at a man. An "I see what you did there" threat is issued where the officer can back peddle and later say "I didn't REALLY threaten his life" is okay because it's for the public's safety.

A burnt out light + snarky attitude = gun pointed at you.

I can't wait to try this out tonight on a person. I'll report back with details from jail or maybe have my wife do it for me when I'm in the morgue.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Yeah, I know. But not every "violation" of a law is a crime. Look it up.

:rolleyes:

very good!
    but had the driver of the car that was pulled over wasnt such a d.b. i highly doubt the cop would of said much more then "get it fixed and be safe" or something very similar to that nature.

i have been pulled over and given a warning before for having lights that didnt work. wooptie doo. i was pulled over and on my way in less then 5 minutes. no tickets, no written warnings or anything.

this whole situation sounds to me like the freakin morons that set the cop up in the church to see how he would react a few months ago.. totally stupid.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    very good!
    but had the driver of the car that was pulled over wasnt such a d.b. i highly doubt the cop would of said much more then "get it fixed and be safe" or something very similar to that nature.

i have been pulled over and given a warning before for having lights that didnt work. wooptie doo. i was pulled over and on my way in less then 5 minutes. no tickets, no written warnings or anything.

this whole situation sounds to me like the freakin morons that set the cop up in the church to see how he would react a few months ago.. totally stupid.

Nice leash on your avatar. I see he's sitting up, all perky, waiting for his next command.

Good choice.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Just a quick thought. No one is "above the law." This includes police men and women. I would hope that this video would be used to instruct how not to further escalate a situation.
    Who stops the police officers and checks their DL and registration when they have a headlight, turn signal or tail light out? How do we as citizens ticket the cop driving along at 75 in a 55 talking on his cell? I wonder how many policemen or women would pull a gun or a baton or a tazer on another police officer? Who enforces the laws then?
    I am sure there was a better way to handle the stop. What would be the right answer? Both the officer and the driver lost respect for each other. They failed. Epic fail.
    The officer went too far (drawn pistol) and the driver needed to control his emotions.
    I dont have any answers but do feel that the driver was "violated."

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    A citizen acting weird like this guy was doing, and he was acting real weird irregardless if anyone else agrees or not, then yes I will use everything in my power that is legal to determine what is going on. It may be that they are just having a bad day or they are just defiant. 99.9% of the people I meet are decent people that cooperate. I know and understand that. I know most people work hard to scrap by and the last thing they need is a ticket to pay. As a result I write very few citations for the minor things. But it is our discretion. If someone chooses to act like a fool than they get what they get. This freak turned a simple little traffic stop into a big drama fiasco. Both of his stops to be precise.

Passengers and the driver can be ordered out of the vehicle. There is no debate on that. Do most officers do that? No they do not. But when the conditions warrant removal then out they are coming whether they want to or not. This guy refused to answer a question about a weapon. That alone would do it.

As for the wielding of our powers, I am very restrained in doing so myself. I can guarantee you that if you was to get stopped you would want to be stopped by someone like me. I don't want to come across as tooting my own horn but I treat people with respect. Even the ones I arrest. As a result in my 13 years I have never had a complaint where I was found to have done wrong. On the other hand I have ran across more than a few drivers like this one. I took whatever cautions the situation warranted. There is no doubt than on one incident had I not done what some would call jackbooted thug stuff, either me or the driver would have been shot. This guy was acting just like the guy in OP. As a result I removed him from his vehicle forcibly after he failed to comply with my orders. He ended up being a freshly paroled murderer with nothing to loose. He was armed and when myself and another officer removed him he attempted to get his stolen gun into action. He later told the BATF that he was full well planning on shooting his way out of the stop.

As I have already posted, this guy was totally unrealistic and unreasonable. He was looking for a confrontation and he found one...no wait he found two!!

As for really "so into being a cop" actually no I am not. I gotta admit I thing the job sucks big time and dread going to work every night.

This thing can be argued to the sun burns out. The facts are the guy has a attitude and has no respect for the law or those that represent it. I did a little digging on the incident and he is on record whining about the border patrol the Texas DPS,the judge and the prosecutor. He drives around with a video camera for Christs sack! IMO he is out looking for a big payday. I think he will be disapointed. Then he will be on youtube whining about how his lawyer screwed him over. The guy is a tool. He has some problems and attempts to justify them by claiming rights violations.

My rant is over. Been up since 1700 yesterday and the little brain is crapping out. I am not posting on this thread anymore. I am not convincing anyone and there sure isn't anyone convincing me to change my mind.

Peace All.:yesway:

Wow I see your built in PR thinking kicked in, sorry but I am not buying this. This sounds like some completely different person, but you still can sense your true feelings in it.

You say you will use everything in your power that is legal, Well in your mind what if everything you do is legal. From your previous posts you have showed how you really feel about the legality of your actions, always justified.

"99.9% of the people I meet are decent people that cooperate." So your not decent if you refuse to cooperate.

You call him a fool and a freak and show your distain for people that don't respect your authority. Then you try to say that your the good guy that treats people with respect and doesn't write many tickets.

Sorry man you can lie to yourself all day then look in the mirror and totally believe it, but at the end of the day just reread this.

"As for really "so into being a cop" actually no I am not. I gotta admit I thing the job sucks big time and dread going to work every night."

Move on man this job isn't for you and will tear you up from inside out. Thats not good for anyone. Find something you enjoy and your life will improve.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    A citizen acting weird like this guy was doing, and he was acting real weird irregardless if anyone else agrees or not, then yes I will use everything in my power that is legal to determine what is going on. It may be that they are just having a bad day or they are just defiant. 99.9% of the people I meet are decent people that cooperate. I know and understand that. I know most people work hard to scrap by and the last thing they need is a ticket to pay. As a result I write very few citations for the minor things. But it is our discretion. If someone chooses to act like a fool than they get what they get. This freak turned a simple little traffic stop into a big drama fiasco. Both of his stops to be precise.

Passengers and the driver can be ordered out of the vehicle. There is no debate on that. Do most officers do that? No they do not. But when the conditions warrant removal then out they are coming whether they want to or not. This guy refused to answer a question about a weapon. That alone would do it.

As for the wielding of our powers, I am very restrained in doing so myself. I can guarantee you that if you was to get stopped you would want to be stopped by someone like me. I don't want to come across as tooting my own horn but I treat people with respect. Even the ones I arrest. As a result in my 13 years I have never had a complaint where I was found to have done wrong. On the other hand I have ran across more than a few drivers like this one. I took whatever cautions the situation warranted. There is no doubt than on one incident had I not done what some would call jackbooted thug stuff, either me or the driver would have been shot. This guy was acting just like the guy in OP. As a result I removed him from his vehicle forcibly after he failed to comply with my orders. He ended up being a freshly paroled murderer with nothing to loose. He was armed and when myself and another officer removed him he attempted to get his stolen gun into action. He later told the BATF that he was full well planning on shooting his way out of the stop.

As I have already posted, this guy was totally unrealistic and unreasonable. He was looking for a confrontation and he found one...no wait he found two!!

This thing can be argued to the sun burns out. The facts are the guy has a attitude and has no respect for the law or those that represent it. I did a little digging on the incident and he is on record whining about the border patrol the Texas DPS,the judge and the prosecutor. He drives around with a video camera for Christs sack! IMO he is out looking for a big payday. I think he will be disapointed. Then he will be on youtube whining about how his lawyer screwed him over. The guy is a tool. He has some problems and attempts to justify them by claiming rights violations.

My rant is over. Been up since 1700 yesterday and the little brain is crapping out. I am not posting on this thread anymore. I am not convincing anyone and there sure isn't anyone convincing me to change my mind.

Peace All.:yesway:

so if a citizen is aware of their rights and YOUR (LEO) limits of authority and question you then your gonna make them pay right? thats what i take from that. But if they bow down and go along with everything, including possible injustices then they will be able to go on their way. sounds like intimidation to me and the exact reason I dont trust your kind. I will go to battle for good LEO's, but I will battle against the bad ones even if it cost me financialy or some time. I have read and re-read many of your post and I have NO respect for you as an LEO. I think you need to quickly find a new line of work or maybe just retire. maybe your a great guy in your personal life, but as an LEO (based solely on your posts here) I think you have the wrong idea of what law enforcement is here for.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    so if a citizen is aware of their rights and YOUR (LEO) limits of authority and question you then your gonna make them pay right? thats what i take from that. But if they bow down and go along with everything, including possible injustices then they will be able to go on their way. sounds like intimidation to me and the exact reason I dont trust your kind. I will go to battle for good LEO's, but I will battle against the bad ones even if it cost me financialy or some time. I have read and re-read many of your post and I have NO respect for you as an LEO. I think you need to quickly find a new line of work or maybe just retire. maybe your a great guy in your personal life, but as an LEO (based solely on your posts here) I think you have the wrong idea of what law enforcement is here for.

I actually believe the guy when he says he doesn't act like that when he's doing his job. I dislike his view intensely as well, but people are often more animated on the internet than they are in real life.

For instance, just from reading your posts, if you lived in my neighborhood, I'd half expect you to slowly emerge one day from my kid's wading pool, ala Apocolypse Now, full tiger camo on your face, OD bandanna headband, Kabar between your teeth, looking for whoever hit the errant baseball into your yard, I mean, your AO.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I actually believe the guy when he says he doesn't act like that when he's doing his job. I dislike his view intensely as well, but people are often more animated on the internet than they are in real life.

For instance, just from reading your posts, if you lived in my neighborhood, I'd half expect you to slowly emerge one day from my kid's wading pool, ala Apocolypse Now, full tiger camo on your face, OD bandanna headband, Kabar between your teeth, looking for whoever hit the errant baseball into your yard, I mean, your AO.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

ApocalypseNow.jpg

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I would imagine that some dogs have a pretty good idea when they are sniffing the exterior of a vehicle for the odor of narcotics versus an area or building search for a suspect but since they're not people it's entirely possible that they could easily be confused. I've not seen a narcotics trained K9 used to sniff a building or vehicle for narcotics while there are people inside. It has always been procedure to move everyone out and allow the air to settle before the dogs begins.

I'm guessing this is the same reason we don't use K9's to sniff people for narcotics. Should the dog get confused during the process and bite the person there would be a big problem there.

I'm replying to this before I read the other posts... but anyways.

The latest episode of Mythbusters, "Hair of the Dog 2" I believe, did just what you are saying cannot be done (or at least implying will confuse the dog).

They lined up 200 people, put the "narcotics" on one of them, and let the dog look. Sure enough, the dog found its person every single time (with the exception of another dog in presence that was in heat).

The dog also found the narcotics when it was submerged in bleach, inside a sealed plastic container, and hidden behind boxes.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I didn't say it would confuse the dog but it could. It also provides the introduction of reasonable doubt concerning the search if the dog is trained for both utility and detection work. I didn't see that episode of mythbusters, was it a dual purpose dog or straight narcotics detection K9? Straight narcotics detection dogs can be used to search people because they have not been trained to search for people and the generally are not aggressive to people. You'll see them used quite a bit at border crossing and airports where they will sit while people walk by and indicate if they smell narcotics.

Top Bottom