• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be at the 2A rally on February 8th?

• Total voters

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'm in... may have to take the day off depending on how work is, but I'm in. I've let some people that I know on FB know... I'd really like to see enough people there to ring the entire statehouse! I would definitely dress biz casual or better... I hate having to play the BS games, but the Media will be there, and you know how they love to make us gun owners look like country bumpkins and inbred hill-jacks!

I'll be carrying my sidearm for sure... just haven't decided on long arm yet... I'll probably carry my vz.58, as it is the kind of rifle that I know they will be trying to ban, because it looks "evil".

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm in... may have to take the day off depending on how work is, but I'm in. I've let some people that I know on FB know... I'd really like to see enough people there to ring the entire statehouse! I would definitely dress biz casual or better... I hate having to play the BS games, but the Media will be there, and you know how they love to make us gun owners look like country bumpkins and inbred hill-jacks!

I'll be carrying my sidearm for sure... just haven't decided on long arm yet... I'll probably carry my vz.58, as it is the kind of rifle that I know they will be trying to ban, because it looks "evil".
    I'm hoping the same thing. It would be nice to see 100s, but 1000s would be better. You would think that with 26,XXX members, we could manage to get at least 1/26 of them to come out in support.

I will definitely be carrying my EDC pistol, but am undecided as to whether I want to mess with carrying a rifle yet. I need to weigh the pros/cons.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'm hoping the same thing. It would be nice to see 100s, but 1000s would be better. You would think that with 26,XXX members, we could manage to get at least 1/26 of them to come out in support.

I will definitely be carrying my EDC pistol, but am undecided as to whether I want to mess with carrying a rifle yet. I need to weigh the pros/cons.

I was the same way with the rifle, but then I realized that it is legal, and my right... I'll keep it unloaded and the bolt locked open, but I will carry it. Maybe if more people see responsible gun owners carrying rifles with standard capacity magazines they will realize that they are only tools, nothing evil, or bad, just tools.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I know it is just my opinion but I would really avoid carrying rifles. I know it is legal and I know it is your right but like has been said a few other times on here it is about perception. Dressing nicely, open carrying a pistol, and carrying a few banners saying something about respecting our right and or pictures of non threatening looking people in the pursuit of the shooting sports using the proposed banned weapons would probably not get as much negative reporting and show a more positive light in my book. The last thing we need is to give the impression to the uneducated that we are nuts and have this work against us and turn more more people in support of a ban than against it.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I know it is just my opinion but I would really avoid carrying rifles. I know it is legal and I know it is your right but like has been said a few other times on here it is about perception. Dressing nicely, open carrying a pistol, and carrying a few banners saying something about respecting our right and or pictures of non threatening looking people in the pursuit of the shooting sports using the proposed banned weapons would probably not get as much negative reporting and show a more positive light in my book. The last thing we need is to give the impression to the uneducated that we are nuts and have this work against us and turn more more people in support of a ban than against it.

so then continue to enforce a De Facto ban then? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    My first thought was Hell yes! But the more I think about it, The more prudent choice may be to leave anyone under 18 at home... If they are not legally able to own the weapon it could get complicated... plus there is a chance of illegal detainment and searches... may not want to have him involved in that at such a young age... :dunno:

Just my thoughts, and I could see the other side of the argument as well, so....

I edited my post after reading the IC.

He can't bring his rifle :/

(6) A child who:
    (A) is on real property that is under the control of the child's parent, an adult family member of the child, or the child's legal guardian; and
    (B) has permission from the child's parent or legal guardian to possess a firearm.

Although, might still bring a couple of my kids with me. The media will be able to see that children are safe around responsible gun owners, just no handling of the firearms :)

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    LOL.. My wife can carry the bolt action savage w/ scope :D

(she doesn't have her LTCH yet so she gets to carry a long gun)

.. are we going shooting afterwards ? :dunno: ..

just a thought

LOL, well she has time to get it in advance... go the L1 Digital route and should only take a week or so... well before the panic, now maybe a month!

I don't know where we could go that would accommodate all of us!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    LOL, well she has time to get it in advance... go the L1 Digital route and should only take a week or so... well before the panic, now maybe a month!

I don't know where we could go that would accommodate all of us!

She already has the app and L1 completed. She has a misdemeanor (something petty) from 2004 so it's gonna be a while before they approve it and send it to her.

As an update, she can't go. She has to get my kids off to school and get them picked up from school so it's gonna just be me w/ my EDC and my evil black .22lr :laugh:

Now, I gotta go look and see if I can rent a car for cheap (my truck won't make the trip and she needs the van LOL)

Top Bottom