• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be at the 2A rally on February 8th?

• Total voters

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    You can do what you feel is right. I am not stating a de facto ban what I am saying is think about how this will be portrayed and yes you might push some to the other side. I would venture by carrying rifles around the state house you will push more to the other side than to our side. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Look if you want to that is your right. You have to look at this from a marketing stand point in the court of public opinion. You would be better to hand out fliers out lining the facts as to why we have the second amendment what the numbers of law abiding people committing crimes are then. Just walking around downtown around the state house rifle in hand. Like I said these are my opinions on how it should be handled not stating what you feel is right or what you are legally able to do. Just remember this is the biased media and a bunch of uninformed citizens that will be watching you and what do you think they will take away from what you are proposing vs what I have outlined.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    You can do what you feel is right. I am not stating a de facto ban what I am saying is think about how this will be portrayed and yes you might push some to the other side. I would venture by carrying rifles around the state house you will push more to the other side than to our side. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Look if you want to that is your right. You have to look at this from a marketing stand point in the court of public opinion. You would be better to hand out fliers out lining the facts as to why we have the second amendment what the numbers of law abiding people committing crimes are then. Just walking around downtown around the state house rifle in hand. Like I said these are my opinions on how it should be handled not stating what you feel is right or what you are legally able to do. Just remember this is the biased media and a bunch of uninformed citizens that will be watching you and what do you think they will take away from what you are proposing vs what I have outlined.

I do agree with you concerning the court of public opinion... however I am to the point that I have realized that MSM will portray us how they want, however we actually portray ourselves. As for fliers and pamphlets, I agree wholeheartedly, we need to educate the masses; what should be in the pamphlets? who needs to create them, edit them, print them, distribute them? These are things we need to figure out right now so there is time to actually get them done.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    As for fliers and pamphlets, I agree wholeheartedly, we need to educate the masses; what should be in the pamphlets? who needs to create them, edit them, print them, distribute them? These are things we need to figure out right now so there is time to actually get them done.
    This is being discussed on the event page.

I also added some text to the OP.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    All this debate about long guns or no long guns is moot as the State House has a licenced and accredited DAYCARE on the premisis. It Is NO GO per the Gunfree School Zone Act.

If we truly want to come across as the good guys, we cannot violate any law, even those that are "not enforced"

(CORRECTION: school is across the street, but GFSZA act applies to anyone with out a LTCH carrying a long gun.)

Last edited:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    All this debate about long guns or no long guns is moot as the State House has a licenced and accredited DAYCARE on the premisis. It Is NO GO per the Gunfree School Zone Act.

If we truly want to come across as the good guys, we cannot violate any law, even those that are "not enforced"

which is why we stay on the sidewalk... public property... as long as you have an LTCH you are allowed to be within 1000 feet... just not on the "school" property. Now how that applies to long guns and those without LTCH not sure... but since it is on public property your argument may be moot as well.... :dunno:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    really? they can accommodate hundreds? wow, I do need to take the time to check it out.
    If anyone nearby could, it would be that facility. only 20 lanes on a given day, but everyone else in the area doesn't even have that. Beside, the movement hasn't even gotten into the hundreds yet.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka

I am unfamiliar with the building and the 'things' inside.. Are you able to provide a source please that references the daycare ?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Correction.... The school is in the building across the street to the west - south west... So LICENSED carry may be GTG, but everyone carrying anything will need a LTCH to comply with GFSZA's 1000ft rule.

Google "Indiana State House", go to maps... clear "state house" type "school", hit enter.

The state house marker is switched with a marker for "Day Nursery", but the physical structure is across the street.

Their website states that they are licensed and accredited...

http://www.daynursery.org/licensing-accreditation/

Also...

The CITY of Indianapolis bans fixed blade knives (probably will include bayonets), so we will have to leave them behind too.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Yes, you are calling it a de facto ban.
    A right, which you are afraid to use, for fear of losing it, is already a ban. You just haven't figured it out yet.

Go ahead, wear the star. Don't make waves, and the Nazis will leave us alone.
    Rosa, just sit in the back. It'll bring too much wrath down on us.

Top Bottom