• Should rep pyramids be banned?

• Total voters

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I find it odd that someone on a GUN forum is clamoring for more control and regulations.

There are plenty of issues in life that I feel warrant an emotional response. I just can't see including "rep pyramids" among them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Rep means nothing. The ability to neg rep is gone, and people give rep for the stupidest/silliest things ("LOL funny pic!" and of course the "rep pyramid" and "post whore" threads), so having the system in place is pretty much pointless. With the "new INGO," everyone's rep was knocked back to zero and I was really hoping for some kind of meaningful overhaul, but such is apparently not to be. I would have preferred to see the "like" feature retained (it was there, then it was gone) and the rep system globally disabled... but nobody asked me.
    bwframe likes this post!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You can indeed -rep.

It does work.

Heck yeah it does! You negative repped me for being "out of control" in the Zimmerman fread. In a weird sort of way, it was nice to see.

Kut (doesnt like the rep pyramids either, and refuses to participate)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rep means nothing. The ability to neg rep is gone, and people give rep for the stupidest/silliest things ("LOL funny pic!" and of course the "rep pyramid" and "post whore" threads), so having the system in place is pretty much pointless. With the "new INGO," everyone's rep was knocked back to zero and I was really hoping for some kind of meaningful overhaul, but such is apparently not to be. I would have preferred to see the "like" feature retained (it was there, then it was gone) and the rep system globally disabled... but nobody asked me.

Yep.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've just been -repping them. I made the mistake of posting in one, and they repped me. I never wanted that to happen...

I'm not really sure how you possibly inciting a "rep-war" is such a good idea. I'm all for you speaking your mind--more power to you--put it out there and let the debate rage. Who knows, you might change a mind or two or even get your way. But to just go around neg repping people for no reason is tantamount to trolling.

It is my understanding that it is the hard feelings caused by neg rep in the past was the reason it was disabled.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I love this polls options, it's just like one of the liberal gun control polls.

No. Let people abuse the system = don't ban guns. Let people keep killing others!

How about, mind your own, and if you don't like mine :wavey:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Karate Kid Lesson 1 (Wax on Wax off) - YouTube

21808aca.gif

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Rep is meaningless anyway. I can spend an hour researching case law and IC code and give a useful and informed post and get nothing. I can spend an hour putting together photos and a review of a new product that is useful and informative and get nothing. I can make a sexual innuendo joke and get dozens of reps points.

I figure my reputation is based on how posters view me and my posts, not if someone took the time to click a button.

Now rep me so I can feel good about this post, and myself by extension.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Rep is meaningless anyway. I can spend an hour researching case law and IC code and give a useful and informed post and get nothing. I can spend an hour putting together photos and a review of a new product that is useful and informative and get nothing. I can make a sexual innuendo joke and get dozens of reps points.

I figure my reputation is based on how posters view me and my posts, not if someone took the time to click a button.

Now rep me so I can feel good about this post, and myself by extension.

This is very true.

Top Bottom