• Should rep pyramids be banned?

• Total voters

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I wish I knew what this whole rep thing was. Maybe I should visit the FAQ. Heck I'm to lazy. Carry on!
    Here, I picked up your lazy.
    INGunOwners FAQ
    What is reputation?Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive
    reputation_pos.png
    , negative
    reputation_neg.png
    or neutral
    reputation_balance.png
    . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?
    To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
    How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
    How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
    If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
    What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
    You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I restarted the rep pyramid because I saw the old one was closed. If I knew there were so many people that didn't like it, I wouldn't have done it. I hate to think people dislike me now because I restarted something I thought was a bit of a tradition around here.

I didn't vote, because frankly it doesn't bother me either way. It's the ****ing internet, if some rep system on a website gets your panties in a wad, I'd hate to see how you handle the real world. As always, :ingo::ingo:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I restarted the rep pyramid because I saw the old one was closed. If I knew there were so many people that didn't like it, I wouldn't have done it. I hate to think people dislike me now because I restarted something I thought was a bit of a tradition around here.

I didn't vote, because frankly it doesn't bother me either way. It's the ****ing internet, if some rep system on a website gets your panties in a wad, I'd hate to see how you handle the real world. As always, :ingo::ingo:

Tried to neg you again, but I need to spread it around some.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Damn the bad luck. Neg me forever, I really could care less. It's cute and childish, yet so ignorant and cretinous it's hilarious.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I think the rep system is a joke period but if it remains allowing people to make a thread just to boost thier rep should at the very least make those in power cause them to LOOSE rep instead of gaining it and at the most gain the and short term ban for the first offense and eventually cause a full ban if it continues. Rep is for folks who do something that people feel either adds to the forum in general or say something extremely funny or extremely perfectly apt for the situation of just right as an answer to a question. It isn't something that should serve as some sort of party favor.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I think the rep system is a joke period but if it remains allowing people to make a thread just to boost thier rep should at the very least make those in power cause them to LOOSE rep instead of gaining it and at the most gain the and short term ban for the first offense and eventually cause a full ban if it continues. Rep is for folks who do something that people feel either adds to the forum in general or say something extremely funny or extremely perfectly apt for the situation of just right as an answer to a question. It isn't something that should serve as some sort of party favor.

This post could possibly cause CPT Nervous to self destruct. You seem to support his hatred for the rep pyramid, but your grammar, spelling, and punctuation are atrocious.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    it is? where did you go to school or rather when? my spelling is spot on.:dunno: my grammar is usually off a bit but I really could care less about grammar, note the lack of caps. ;)

or was that supposed to be in purple? my rep is off, note.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    ah indeed, you are correct and that is what, my mistake number one which means everything I wrote was atrocious and inept?

Thanks. Neg rep for you. :)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Isn't even more pathetic to want to boost your supposed reputation to some ridiculous heights bogusly to "impress" people on the internet?

What have we become here? Mall Ninjas?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

, , , , , , , , , ,

^ You need a few of these. Feel free to use them whenever you like.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, I will try, I just, am not a real, comma, guy. LOL

I do agree with the whole rep hate thing though.

for the record I didn't misspell anything though I did misuse Loose.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy

OK, I will try, I just, am not a real, comma, guy. LOL

I do agree with the whole rep hate thing though.

for the record I didn't misspell anything though I did misuse Loose.

I beg to differ... :):
    Urban Dictionary: thier

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Well thanks for owning up to your nefarious deeds. Now I know who to make a voodoo doll of and stick pins in it. Just kidding. I always just thought of the rep system as a way to let people know you agree with them and how much. It also was kind of a loose gauge to see how active a person was also. But thanks to the rep sabotage it is useless now. I still give rep and hope to receive more rep in the future. In fact I believe if I can accumulate another 10,000 points I will be able to turn them in for a Fenway bobble head. :thumbsup:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    ITT: some severe and misplaced butthurt.

I recommend Preparation H and some deep breathing exercises, or perhaps some Xanax.
    Ask your doctor if you could benefit from chewing on some benzodiazepines!

Top Bottom