• Total voters

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There have been several leave the Modhood...

No, you never actually leave. Fenway can call on them at any time and they are obligated to do the requested deed. You never get out of being a mod; once you are in, it's forever. :ingo:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Hey..... did you lose my application? It was in the same envelope as Rookies.

I'm sorry, I thought somebody got back to you. Your application was denied. Fenway didn't really appreciate you showing up for the interview in a banana hammock. Maybe next time.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Rep is meaningless anyway. I can spend an hour researching case law and IC code and give a useful and informed post and get nothing. I can spend an hour putting together photos and a review of a new product that is useful and informative and get nothing. I can make a sexual innuendo joke and get dozens of reps points.

I figure my reputation is based on how posters view me and my posts, not if someone took the time to click a button.

Now rep me so I can feel good about this post, and myself by extension.
    THIS. I would rep you if I hadn't already repd everyone I could in the pyramid.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Rep is meaningless anyway. I can spend an hour researching case law and IC code and give a useful and informed post and get nothing. I can spend an hour putting together photos and a review of a new product that is useful and informative and get nothing. I can make a sexual innuendo joke and get dozens of reps points.

I figure my reputation is based on how posters view me and my posts, not if someone took the time to click a button.

Your post was thoughtful and well-considered. You're position was so well researched and thoughtfully explained that it forced me, and others, to re-evaluate our positions on this topic. However;
    I do not like your avatar, so; NO REP FOR YOU.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've got an idea....

Let's make rep "may issue" instead of "shall issue". Bear with me...Let's say you want to dispense rep (pos or neg) on somebody--for ANY reason--be it for one of LoveMyWoods excellent range reports or for one of Bunnykid's one liners. You simply fill out the comment section of the rep dialog box; select the desired amount of rep; and submit it for review by a mod. After review of the merits of your request, the mod will then summarily reject it; issue it, or amend and issue it.

If desired, the process can be modified so that if you believe you deserved rep for that funny kitten .gif but didn't get it, you could appeal and request just compensation.

Think of it...no rep will be issued without good cause and if the rep pyramid(s) continue, you'll be comforted by the fact that it was done in full compliance and support of the staff. And finally...panties can untwist...

:popcorn:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I've got an idea....

Let's make rep "may issue" instead of "shall issue". Bear with me...Let's say you want to dispense rep (pos or neg) on somebody--for ANY reason--be it for one of LoveMyWoods excellent range reports or for one of Bunnykid's one liners. You simply fill out the comment section of the rep dialog box; select the desired amount of rep; and submit it for review by a mod. After review of the merits of your request, the mod will then summarily reject it; issue it, or amend and issue it.

If desired, the process can be modified so that if you believe you deserved rep for that funny kitten .gif but didn't get it, you could appeal and request just compensation.

Think of it...no rep will be issued without good cause and if the rep pyramid(s) continue, you'll be comforted by the fact that it was done in full compliance and support of the staff. And finally...panties can untwist...

:popcorn:

I must spread some rep around before giving to you again...

To all those who compared my ban to a gun ban, you're going at it wrong.

I believe you should be able to +rep or -rep, just as I believe you should be able to own a gun.

I do not believe that you should rep any post , just as I believe you shouldn't be able to shoot anyone you want. They have to deserve it.

Everyone has their own opinions, and criteria for repping. I rep posts that are well written, and follow my line of thinking.

Some people like to rep funny pictures. That's fine, too. I am not okay with repping someone simply for asking to be repped.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    That's what she said!

Top Bottom