• ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'd call the police? :rolleyes:

I'm glad you're Rambo and have it all figured out.

I know I see eyeroll but I'm not sure how you meant it.

Do you mean you're rolling your eyes because it's obvious that people should call the police if their doorbell rings at 3am or because its silly to expect people to call the police if their doorbell rings at 3am?

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Cop is lucky the guy wasn't armed, good way to get yourself shot, jumping out of a car and not identifying himself and drawing a gun, not smart.

agreed that cop is an idiot,,,,, he pulled the gun before he identified him self
    he could have gotten shot back at real easy plus the motorcycle rider would have been able to prove he was confronted with a weapon,,, never did show a badge,,,,

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I'd call the police? :rolleyes:

I'm glad you're Rambo and have it all figured out.

If my neighbor had an emergency at 3am, I would expect them to come to me for help, regardless of the time. Why would I call the police for my neighbor asking for my help?

However, I can't discount the fact that it may be someone coming to my door, with a less than honorable intention either.

Either way, what does it hurt to be prepared when answering the door?

Rambo? Give me a break, troll. :rolleyes:

Do you mean you're rolling your eyes because it's obvious that people should call the police if their doorbell rings at 3am or because its silly to expect people to call the police if their doorbell rings at 3am?

He doesn't appear to possess the sense that God instilled in a mule.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Have you researched whether more cops are killed on traffic stops, or responding to burglaries?

I assume from your question that more are killed on traffic stops, which I could believe. My question was just a question, however. So I'll put it to you. Are you saying that cops should routinely approach traffic stops for speeding with drawn guns?

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    Funny, it's ok for cops to video tape a normal citizen and not tell them, but do it to a cop and your a criminal! The guy deserved a ticket but that cop was a jerk. Just think about someone who has this done to them without a camera. No chance a judge would believe them!

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Nobody ever attempts to set up the police, nor does anyone without LE training, ever attempt to make the smallest judgment of police action.

Thank heaven that a certain number of INGO experts are on the job, scientifically and methodically delving into every such issue, to assure such would never occur.

You really do have some scary ideas when it comes to police work, don’t you?

So, you think that us lowly civilians are not competent enough to judge you (meaning those in your profession) because we’ve never done the job? Sorry, in our country with a real Constitution & Bill of Rights that won’t fly. If you want to live in a country that the police are above complaint by the people I’m sure you could easily find one. There are many, many police states in the world.

:nopity:

YOU chose the job. If you can’t take the criticism that will happen in any non-police state when the police make mistakes then it may be time to find another job.

Could it be because cops do more traffic stops than burglary calls?

Just to clarify.

I was not denying the fact that cops are injured/killed on traffic stops more often than burglary calls. I was responding to Joe Williams, who from his general support for the non-uniformed officer emerging from his vehicle with a gun drawn & his post (as quoted in my second post on the subject) that seemed to imply that his support for drawing a weapon on a traffic stop is due to the aforementioned fact.

I do not think that officers should draw on every traffic stop just because more of them are killed then. Unless there is PC to believe that there is a heightened danger of injury than a simple traffic stop normally presents (very little) then they SHOULD NOT draw on the subject.

In the OP the person was on a motorcycle & the officer could see his hands so there was no PC to believe that there was any additional threat to the officer so he should not have drawn on him.

I did??!!!
    Silly, you are joking, right? I mean... even someone with third grade reading level would know better, so surely you are pulling my leg. I mean, there's no way you'd just make something up to bolster your argument. Right?

Oh, please. :rolleyes: Stop implying that I’m somehow being dishonest for POSSIBLY misreading your post.

Maybe YOU should reread your previous posts in this thread, then read the quoted post. It seems to imply that you support the officers action in drawing on the motorcyclist because more officers die in traffic stops than on burglary calls. That post of yours was in response to dross saying that it would be more reasonable to have your gun out on a burglary call than a traffic stop.

If that’s not what you meant then I would like you to try to clarify your post.

I guess I’m not the only one with less than a third grade reading level:

I assume from your question that more are killed on traffic stops, which I could believe. My question was just a question, however. So I'll put it to you. Are you saying that cops should routinely approach traffic stops for speeding with drawn guns?

Hey, dross, do you still have me on your ignore list or did you just miss my post asking basically the same thing? :D Kidding…a little. ;)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

So, you think that us lowly civilians are not competent enough to judge you (meaning those in your profession) because we’ve never done the job? Sorry, in our country with a real Constitution & Bill of Rights that won’t fly. If you want to live in a country that the police are above complaint by the people I’m sure you could easily find one. There are many, many police states in the world.

:nopity:

YOU chose the job. If you can’t take the criticism that will happen in any non-police state when the police make mistakes then it may be time to find another job.

he is'nt a cop. just so you know.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

I think it's pretty obvious that you should call the police if you think something suspicious is going on.

If my neighbors need me, they can call. I'm not answering the door at 3am for anybody unless I know who it is before they get there.

Troll my ass. You just don't like what I have to say.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    [/quote]Originally Posted by finity

YOU chose the job. If you can’t take the criticism that will happen in any non-police state when the police make mistakes then it may be time to find another job.[/quote]

I suppose that if you would witness a person expire while under the care of a physician, that your expert testimony in medicine, just as such testimony in LE, would be beyond repute, and completely admissible within a competent legal proceeding as such.

This is not to state that such witness testimony cannot be utilized, far from it. However, there is a difference between a layman witnessing an act and its subsequent outcome, and having some degree of expertise in the execution of such.
    There is a difference in offering an opinion upon a subject, and stating a certainty beyond one's qualification to do so.

Your statement is reminiscent of medical journals that offer "expert" scientific opinion of the likelihood of the morbidity and mortality of firearms ownership. This is also be comparable to the NRA and GOA publishing a treatises upon Cardiothoracic surgery.

Correct. I stopped performing such work 6 years ago, and I haven't participated in any necessary CE to maintain the credentials either.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Correct. I stopped performing such work 6 years ago, and I haven't participated in any necessary CE to maintain the credentials either.

were you a full ILEA certified police officer for a department, or were you a special deputy for a private company? big difference among the LE community

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I think it's pretty obvious that you should call the police if you think something suspicious is going on.

Perhaps if you're a sceerdy katt about every little bump in the night. :rolleyes:

If my neighbors need me, they can call. I'm not answering the door at 3am for anybody unless I know who it is before they get there.

I also imagine that if they wanted to let you know that the outside of your house was on fire, they should first call you too.

Troll my ass. You just don't like what I have to say.

I don't like what you have to say, because in this case, its fairly obvious that its idiotic. This is not to state that you're idiotic, but you are a troll. Though you have been improving.

As such, perhaps I should repeat what many other have of your stated presence.........

Who let Smoking357 back in?

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    were you a full ILEA certified police officer for a department, or were you a special deputy for a private company? big difference among the LE community

*cricket...cricket**:rolleyes:

Also, I may not like downzero too terribly much, but if you didn't cross the line with the attacks in your previous post, you certainly stepped right on it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the biggest issue i have with the officer in the video is the fact that he was plain clothed and didnt IMMEDIATELY identify himself as a cop. I understand that at least in Indiana our police officers are "always on duty", so sometimes they may be forced to act while in their civies. maybe if an officer on INGO could answer me this: If you have or did come across a situation while off duty (especialy that caused you to pull your firearm) would you immediately display your badge or ID when first verbaly confronting the suspect? I understand that if the guy has a gun, you may not have the time to do that, but lets say a guy was beating up another civilian, what would you do as far as identification?? because IF i was fighting (maybe the guy attacked me first??) and i saw another person in civilian clothes comeing towards me (especialy armed) then i would maybe assume it was the guys buddy coming to his aid and i might fight that person off, or possibly engage them with fire if they had a gun. of coarse that would be because i didnt know it was a cop (if no identification verbal or visible was made). we cannot mind read as citizens. i would realy like to hear the other side. thanks.

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If some plain clothed guy jumped out of a car and pulled a gun, i would have instantly thought i was in danger.. He should have led with his badge or as soon as he jumped out said something like, "State Police, get off the bike." Then i would have watched the guys hands and reactions before even considering pulling a gun. The cop seemed really angry or maybe disgusted with the biker, and almost seemed like he pulled that gun out just to show who was in charge.. What i am getting at is it seems like that cop uses the gun as his badge lol.. "hey ya see this?? i am in charge!" lol

But in the cops favor, they do deal with alot of psychos, and no one knows what kind of things this guy has encountered.. maybe past experiences have made him a little over cautious ey?

Nice post tho

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010

I started as a Special Deputy, both commercially and for the department, and subsequently became a Deputy Town Marshal.

Town Marshals are not required to obtain the same ILEA certification as personnel in larger departments.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    *cricket...cricket**:rolleyes:

Also, I may not like downzero too terribly much, but if you didn't cross the line with the attacks in your previous post, you certainly stepped right on it.

I'm speculating that if I'm not a slave to the computer screen, you would hear crickets, Skippy. Be sure to keep calling me out, anytime that anyone addresses me, as I'm also sure you would inform someone if they would fall on their respective face.

I imagine that assigning someone the title of troll would be particularly offensive to you, as you now appear to cross that particular line regularly. However, as I'm not the first to bestow the title upon anyone and not be called out for such use, I imagine that most don't consider such to be an attack when the truth is fairly obvious.

On that note: :ingo:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

Wow, really?

I figured since he always seemed to support everything they do while chastising the rest of us for not knowing our place when we haven't "been there, done that" he HAD to be a cop.

My bad.

The scary idea still stands - minus the part about being a cop.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Wow, really?

I figured since he always seemed to support everything they do while chastising the rest of us for not knowing our place when we haven't "been there, done that" he HAD to be a cop.

My bad.

The scary idea still stands - minus the part about being a cop.

I also made that assumption...

Top Bottom