• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Have you researched whether more cops are killed on traffic stops, or responding to burglaries?

So then, do you advocate that cops should approach EVERY SINGLE traffic stop with their guns drawn & treat it as a felony stop? Officer safety is paramount, right? Even if it means that YOU get pulled out of your vehicle at gunpoint for going 5 over or for a burned out tail light?

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    wow. neg rep for the cop. neg rep also for the driver of the motorcycle for going twice teh speed limit, doing a wheelie, and bragging about it via youtube.

that would be a good way to get shot in my book. car rolls up, full tint like that, guy gets out with a gun and tells me to get off my bike. no way. if he had said "state police, get off the motorcycle" and had a badge and gun out, I would have gotten off the bike. but seriously, plainclothes in an unmarked car is a good way to be taken for not being a state trooper and shot.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So why do cops use them as evidence all the time? They are just as capable of altering tapes as the geeks who post on You Tube.
    Because it is quite easy to tell if it has been altered if you have the original. We do not have access to that. This according to our computer guys. We only use digital cameras on all our picture evidence. I asked if it was a problem in court do to the possibility of being altered. They said that there is a clear digital trail that can be used to determine originality. We are looking at a soundless video with no way to determine who and what was altered. If we alter evidence, it will be clear to the defense.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So then, do you advocate that cops should approach EVERY SINGLE traffic stop with their guns drawn & treat it as a felony stop? Officer safety is paramount, right? Even if it means that YOU get pulled out of your vehicle at gunpoint for going 5 over or for a burned out tail light?
    This guy knew he was caught and tried to flee but was caught in traffic. Not a "typical" traffic stop.
    Man faces jail for recording traffic stop
    I would not have done what the detective did but I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet either...just saying.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    This guy knew he was caught and tried to flee but was caught in traffic
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/shibby6615/msp.jpg
    moz-screenshot.png

Thanks for the explanation of the dash cams. I always wondered how it could be admissible when so many things can be done to videos now. As far as being caught I think he saw the Trooper in the median and thought he might have been nailed for speeding. It never really shows the Trooper car again until the very end of the video. I think he was hoping he could get away with it but as far as running goes he could have if he wanted to. There was plenty of room all over the place for a decent rider to maneuver a sport bike in. As soon as he knew he was caught on the ramp he gave up. He could have gotten around the gun happy cop on the left but he was shutting the bike down. It rolled back b/c he had his hands off the front brake and his feet were on the ground. There are other versions of this vid and the News interview posted too. We all could arm chair quarter back until the cows come home over this one. :dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thanks for the explanation of the dash cams. I always wondered how it could be admissible when so many things can be done to videos now. As far as being caught I think he saw the Trooper in the median and thought he might have been nailed for speeding. It never really shows the Trooper car again until the very end of the video. I think he was hoping he could get away with it but as far as running goes he could have if he wanted to. There was plenty of room all over the place for a decent rider to maneuver a sport bike in. As soon as he knew he was caught on the ramp he gave up. He could have gotten around the gun happy cop on the left but he was shutting the bike down. It rolled back b/c he had his hands off the front brake and his feet were on the ground. There are other versions of this vid and the News interview posted too. We all could arm chair quarter back until the cows come home over this one. :dunno:
    Yeah, my brain already hurts ;)....too...much...thinking...

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    This guy knew he was caught and tried to flee but was caught in traffic. Not a "typical" traffic stop.
    I would not have done what the detective did but I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet either...just saying.

Sorry Denny, I can't agree here. It is obvious that he passed a police officer. But, I can't even count the number of times I wasn't sure how fast I was going, passed a cop, and thought *phew* he didn't pull out behind me. The rider never looked back until the exit ramp...and since we can't see in his mirrors we just don't know. The cop in the unmarked car could have radioed to him or something...For a 'fleeing charge' the rider must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sorry Denny, I can't agree here. It is obvious that he passed a police officer. But, I can't even count the number of times I wasn't sure how fast I was going, passed a cop, and thought *phew* he didn't pull out behind me. The rider never looked back until the exit ramp...and since we can't see in his mirrors we just don't know. The cop in the unmarked car could have radioed to him or something...For a 'fleeing charge' the rider must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Didn't say he was guilty, but there might be PC. There is not enough information available for us to make that determination. However, the biker was indicted by a circuit court grand jury on 2 counts of the interception of communication, possession of an interception device, reckless driving, negligent driving, and committing a violation for the purpose of filming. His arraignment is scheduled for June 1st. The recording charges are pretty BS. Glad I do not have to deal with those silly laws.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    what got me was, they only wrote him a ticket at the time. Apparently the marked car didn't feel the need to bring out the firearm.

It was later after the guy posted the youtube video that they got a BS warrant and went to his house.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    This guy knew he was caught and tried to flee but was caught in traffic.

I don't agree with that at all. The rider has already shown he's willing to do twice the speed limit and wheelies on the interstate. Seems fairly competent at changing multiple lanes of traffic.

If he was going to flee, the cop wouldn't have caught him. As much time as he spent on that ramp, puttering down it.... no way.

He could have easily (and fairly safely) shot down either side the ramp and been long gone way before the cop even knew which direction he went at the bottom.

Had he been fleeing, he wouldn't have been caught (provided there wasn't a MVA).

Also (assuming the video is unedited) the gun happy psycho who jumped out had no idea he'd done 127mph and the wheelie, that happened over 2 minutes before he passed him.

PsychoBoy only knew he'd been doing 85~. Which IIRC, is 30 over in most of that state and at least 20. Both are VERY serious there, 30 over is mandatory arrest, 20 over might be mandatory but it is definitely under officer discretion.

We've all been young and done stupid things with a car/bike. I'm willing to bet most of here have done crazier things on a car/bike. It's been a while but I know I have.

and +1 to this guy looking like a deranged murderer/carjacker coming out of that car. PyschoBoy was taking it WAY too personally.

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    30 over is mandatory arrest, 20 over might be mandatory but it is definitely under officer discretion.

Not to thread jack here, but is this opinion or fact? The reason I ask is because I got pegged doing 112 in a 55 and the EXTREMELY nice St. Joe county deputy knocked it down to a 80 in a 55 and called it "pacing", and yes it was stupid and dangerous but I was 18 at the time and.......... well...........yeah it happened.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

Sorry, that was directed at Joe's comment implying that it was justified to pull a weapon on traffic stops (in general) because more cops are killed on traffic stops than burglary calls.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sorry, that was directed at Joe's comment implying that it was justified to pull a weapon on traffic stops (in general) because more cops are killed on traffic stops than burglary calls.
    When cops are killed during traffic stops are they killed by the person pulled over or are the vast majority of them struck by passing vehicles? It makes a difference.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Why is setting up the PD poor citizenship? If the cops can have stings and traps (there's a lot that's techinically not entrapment), then I see nothing wrong with holding them to the same standards.

I said breaking the law in an effort to set up the police is a poor example of citizenship. It puts innocent people in danger.

I have no problem with holding the PD accountable for their actions, and I am against the laws preventing video taping police.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    He could have easily (and fairly safely) shot down either side the ramp and been long gone way before the cop even knew which direction he went at the bottom.

My thoughts as well. A guy that is crazy enough to do wheelies at 127 mph should have no problem going on the left side shoulder and leaving the cops stuck behind the stopped traffic. Others who have seen the unedited video may feel he knew they were on him but this particular video it is not obvious.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I said breaking the law in an effort to set up the police is a poor example of citizenship. It puts innocent people in danger.

I have no problem with holding the PD accountable for their actions, and I am against the laws preventing video taping police.

police never attempt to set up citizens.

entrapment or "undercover stings" as they call them, also put innocent people in danger. Its amazing that the citizens of that state let that law pass, that you cant video tape the police. if that bill was ever introduced here in indiana, i might as well camp on the front lawn of the capitol building because i would be there everyday fighting against it.

"setting up the police" is not what makes them (police) break the law. the people filming are simply catching the police in the act. If a cop or civilian is willing to break one law (not something like speeding), then they are willing to break any law if they think they will get away with it in my opinion. if people wanna risk there freedom to catch police abuses, i dont see a problem with it. The police chasing the guy on the bike were doing more to endanger the public than the guy on the bike. a bike speeding is more than not only endangering himself. police speeding down the interstate in heavy cars is endangering everyone, ESPECIALY when one is a POV or department issue with no lights on. i dont agree with high speed pursuits. im not attacking individual officers who engage in them because thats what they are told to do, but im disagreeing and attacking their departments policies.

Last edited:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    police never attempt to set up citizens

Nobody ever attempts to set up the police, nor does anyone without LE training, ever attempt to make the smallest judgment of police action.

Thank heaven that a certain number of INGO experts are on the job, scientifically and methodically delving into every such issue, to assure such would never occur.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Nobody ever attempts to set up the police, nor does anyone without LE training, ever attempt to make the smallest judgment of police action.

Thank heaven that a certain number of INGO experts are on the job, scientifically and methodically delving into every such issue, to assure such would never occur.

I like the violin in your sig. It's a nice touch. It completes the whole package in my humblest of opinions.

Top Bottom