• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not to mention, Bradis has always been there to help me with my questions. That's why when I go to assembly my upcoming AR-15, I'm going to go with the guys @ Bradis.

I'll give you that and when it was time to buy some accessories for my AR, I went directly to Bradis, and spoke to Mark and he and I spoke, and I specifically asked for his opinions/recommendations which he provided (being careful to tell me that they were his opinions-- to which I said, I know and that is why I asked ;)) and made my purchase there. I got deals comparable to online prices, and assistance with real world advice.

They absolutely both have their strengths. Not just has Bradis been more of a help but they're more personable as well - I somehow have a face rememberable enough to be called "The Shield Guy" every time I come in.

Honest to goodness, I wish I could get the same service I used to get with Bob @ PSS. I miss going in there - good hours, and closer than Bradis to my work

Agree, they definitely both have their strengths, and each has some folks that are more knowledgeable than others working there, and you just need to know who to talk to, etc.

The great thing is that we have several good shops in the area to choose from.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Anyone know if they have mini 14 or S&W M&P 15 Sport in stock?
    When I was in there in May, they told me that they no longer carried the Mini 14 in stock, and steered me toward the M&P 15 Sport. Alas, not having that in stock, I was told that they were on order, but that PSS did not take a deposit to hold a position in the line (as Bradis does), and that they would not call me when a gun came in...I would have to call every day or two until it came in....I decided that was not acceptable, thanked them for their advice, climbed in my car, drove over to Bradis, and bought one from John there. Had they not have had what I needed, they would have taken a deposit and ordered it. I guess I'd like to know that my business is valued all of the time, and Bradis has done that for me. Not so much (especially as of late) at PSS....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I was in there in May, they told me that they no longer carried the Mini 14 in stock, and steered me toward the M&P 15 Sport. Alas, not having that in stock, I was told that they were on order, but that PSS did not take a deposit to hold a position in the line (as Bradis does), and that they would not call me when a gun came in...I would have to call every day or two until it came in....I decided that was not acceptable, thanked them for their advice, climbed in my car, drove over to Bradis, and bought one from John there. Had they not have had what I needed, they would have taken a deposit and ordered it. I guess I'd like to know that my business is valued all of the time, and Bradis has done that for me. Not so much (especially as of late) at PSS....

Yeah, it seems that Bob has a real aversion to taking names/numbers and calling when something comes in.

When I bought my 15-22 MOE at PSS last year one of the gentlemen in the shop did take my name and promptly called when it came in. However, the last couple of times I was on the hunt for something I had to stop in and call several times. It is kind of frustrating. I'd much rather they took orders/names, etc.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Yeah, it seems that Bob has a real aversion to taking names/numbers and calling when something comes in.

When I bought my 15-22 MOE at PSS last year one of the gentlemen in the shop did take my name and promptly called when it came in. However, the last couple of times I was on the hunt for something I had to stop in and call several times. It is kind of frustrating. I'd much rather they took orders/names, etc.
    I understand the other side of the coin as well, and that taking names can be a hassle, and that mistakes might happen, etc. But, dang, if your competition does it....maybe you should too?

Either way, there are a lot of times I've been in there and gotten exactly what I needed, and at a great price, so I shouldn't complain too much!

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    I love plainfield. They are my 2nd choice after Bradis. Bob is...bob. What can i say. Never had any problems with him but i know some folks who dont like/trust him...ive got nothing on that. Always get what i need and usually if the prices are different between 2 stores...Bob will beat it for you for the business. Just my experiences...yours may differ.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    1. I stopped by PSS on Wednesday late afternoon. Despite the smoking ( I seldom go where there is smoking, just a preference) I found the shop to be well stocked and friendly. I had 4 counter guys ask if they could help me, including Bob. He was friendly and called me "Bud" a couple of times. Also related a story of a long time friend who has discovered he has cancer. Good visit. Prices were pretty decent,too.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    A Super +1 to Plainfield SS. I believe it was Bob that went above and beyond to help me out today. I was very fortunate, and PSS has a customer for life.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    They gave me as good a price on my Springfield as anywhere and i would have bought a Ruger mk III from them had I not found a nice mkII here on ingo.

rifeg2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    Never heard a bad word. But never shopped there fwiw

I heard the same bad word about 12 times from the old man behind the counter with all of his employees siting around. I'll give you a hint..it starts with an "N" and ends with "gger". I will never step foot in that store again...I've spent thousands of dollars in shooting supplies in that store over the years..no more.

Spinaltapls1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I heard the same bad word about 12 times from the old man behind the counter with all of his employees siting around. I'll give you a hint..it starts with an "N" and ends with "gger". I will never step foot in that store again...I've spent thousands of dollars in shooting supplies in that store over the years..no more.

If the N word is the worst thing that happened i would just get over it. Sure does beat paying high prices. But if you want the same gun for a higher price go somewhere else.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero

WHOA WHOA WHOA.... Excuse me, but no howdy do? No introduction to the forum. No 'this is who I am'? Obviously you didn't take the time to read the rules of the forum in your haste to make your first post.

Your very first post on this forum and you choose to waste it to vilify a long standing member of the industry?

I don't know if your post is correct or not. Crap, I don't even know anything about you. But I do know this: 355 posts on this thread praise 'Ole Bob' & PSS... vs your one... and only post.

I think I've made up my mind. :twocents:

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I bought my Glock from Bob at the last gun show in Indy. Since then, I've picked up 2 more pistols from him and will probably get another this weekend at the show. I've never had anything but great service and advice from the folks at PSS. Heck, I even stop in once in a while just to shoot the breeze.

As far as bad words being uttered........... I don't recall ever hearing any.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    But I do know this: 355 posts on this thread praise 'Ole Bob' & PSS... vs your one... and only post.

I think I've made up my mind. :twocents:

Speaking of Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...go back and read the 355, because it is clear you didn't the first time. This is hardly a ringing endorsement thread, and numerous concerns have been expressed. While I agree with your sentiment that someone should likely keep their first post on here positive and wait to speak negatively, they have the right to do what they wish, and your glowing praise for PSS is not the way all 355 posts in this thread go....

Top Bottom