• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    if Benny got an infraction for that, then we have some seriously power hungry mods...didn't use to be like this....

Yeah... I got a permanent ban a few months ago for a pretty tame insult. The mod reversed it after an email discussion, but made it clear that I'd be gone permanently if I didn't toe the line.

I can understand infractions and even temporary bans to let people cool off if things get heated. But it does suck when you make friends and form relationships with folks but know that you could be permanently booted at any time for something that you didn't think was all that bad at the time.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Just would like to know the entire story, not just one side or only part

What could possibly make what they did ok? Fact is they attempted to destroy this mans body. That is a fact. I know police like to stick together and there are two sides to every story. If we were discussing the man being killed while resisting the whole story would matter. If we were discussing the man being severely beaten in custody the whole story would matter. We are discussing the man dying in police custody and instead of contacting next of kin and sending the body for any autopsy like they are supposed to do they tried to send him off to be destroyed. Again, What "entire story" could possibly justify this?

Do you think the police killed him and he came back as a Zombie and they were simply trying to prevent an outbreak?
    Maybe the guy had a tat of his last wishes on his back and it was for the police to roast marshmallow's and hot dogs over him.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Why?
    1187 makes an obvious attack and there's an in thread warning.
    Benny makes an obvious joke and he gets an infraction.

In thread warning

Infraction. And you would ban him?

Yeah, I thought an in-thread warning to 1187 was warranted after he apparently misunderstood a remark and went all 7th grader on 88GT.

At most, I could have seen another in-thread warning to Benny for his ill-timed joke.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    At most, I could see :): as a proper response to his joke.

From us, yeah, but the mod was trying to make the point (to 1187) that he was on thin ice for making a personal attack and I can understand if the mod didn't see Benny's comment as being as funny as we did. But, I would have said something in-thread if i was the mod, no need for an infraction.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    There was a thread that a mod had put a warning in. Directly after that warning, I made a crack that was definitely pushing the envelope. Soon after, I got a pm that basically said, "lol, but seriously?" I apologized, and I edited my post. Yes, he could have nailed me with an infraction, and I would have deserved it, but he chose to take a more respectful approach. Because of that, when he speaks up, I'm more inclined to respect his wishes.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    What could possibly make what they did ok? Fact is they attempted to destroy this mans body. That is a fact. I know police like to stick together and there are two sides to every story. If we were discussing the man being killed while resisting the whole story would matter. If we were discussing the man being severely beaten in custody the whole story would matter. We are discussing the man dying in police custody and instead of contacting next of kin and sending the body for any autopsy like they are supposed to do they tried to send him off to be destroyed. Again, What "entire story" could possibly justify this?

Do you think the police killed him and he came back as a Zombie and they were simply trying to prevent an outbreak?
    Maybe the guy had a tat of his last wishes on his back and it was for the police to roast marshmallow's and hot dogs over him.

what is so wrong with simply wanting to hear both sides of a story?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    what is so wrong with simply wanting to hear both sides of a story?

I would love to hear their side as to why they tried to cremate a body that goes against all of their rules. But is there any serious reason you can think of that would be justifiable for trying to cremate someones body and lie about it?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Onebadv8's mom wears army boots.

Yeah I got an infraction from OBV8 for that blatantly obvious, light-hearted joke.

It was nice meeting most of you, but this will be my last post in this ****hole.
    I can't believe that you would get an infraction for that, yet there is no consequence to another person's disrespectful name calling. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    But is there any serious reason you can think of that would be justifiable for trying to cremate someones body and lie about it?

I absolutely never said anything like that, and im not trying to imply that I think the accused actions are acceptable. They are disturbing claims. I don't see why it's such a big deal to want to hear both sides of a story.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I absolutely never said anything like that, and im not trying to imply that I think the accused actions are acceptable. They are disturbing claims. I don't see why it's such a big deal to want to hear both sides of a story.
    It isn't a big deal, but when one side's story keeps changing, I eventually lose interest in hearing it. I hear enough lies in person that I have little interest in looking for more in Florida.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    There was a thread that a mod had put a warning in. Directly after that warning, I made a crack that was definitely pushing the envelope. Soon after, I got a pm that basically said, "lol, but seriously?" I apologized, and I edited my post. Yes, he could have nailed me with an infraction, and I would have deserved it, but he chose to take a more respectful approach. Because of that, when he speaks up, I'm more inclined to respect his wishes.

I would also. I guess I look at it like, the treads I've had the most fun with, and learned the most from were pretty spirited discussions. And I hate to see that squelched just because either one guy gets his feelings hurt and starts name-calling, or because one guy gets offended and reports somebody. And I hope that the real guy who started it in this thread didn't get off unscathed.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Both people were calling names! One was just a little smarter about it! Now, can we return to regularly scheduled programming? Conflicting police reports, attempt to violate FL law by torching evidence, autopsy report indicating something other than the "official report" whichever that one is! It doesn't look good for the home team, but again only one side has really been heard.

Top Bottom