• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Let's say for the sake of argument, I believed what you stated above. If that was the case, then I couldn't bring myself to believe that these mass shooters are secret agents willing to take the fall for they see as the "greater good." The most plausible explanation would be the the government identifies people with something loose in the head, and inspires them to take theses crazy actions. But honesty, that seems like nonsense to me. .
    Part of me thinks it is unlikely also, but then I think about some of the "muslim terrorists" that have been arrested in our country. When you see them on TV they seem half retarded and unlikely to have been able to put together any kind of attack without the encouragement and assistance of undercover Feds or their confidential informants.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Part of me thinks it is unlikely also, but then I think about some of the "muslim terrorists" that have been arrested in our country. When you see them on TV they seem half retarded and unlikely to have been able to put together any kind of attack without the encouragement and assistance of undercover Feds or their confidential informants.

I tend to think the same way. Many of these crazies who have carried out such attacks come across as making me wonder how they managed to tie their shoes..I mean some of them IMHO would be hard pressed to fix a sandwich yet they somehow they plan, access supplies and carry out their attacks.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I tend to think the same way. Many of these crazies who have carried out such attacks come across as making me wonder how they managed to tie their shoes..I mean some of them IMHO would be hard pressed to fix a sandwich yet they somehow they plan, access supplies and carry out their attacks.
    Useful idiots. If you are part of command and control, or logistics you are not the ones blowing yourselves up.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I just saw an unconfirmed report that the shooting started during a traffic stop. If this report is confirmed, which I have a feeling it will, then either this guy had warrant/s and went out guns blazing, or some officer unknowingly pulled over someone who was on their way to their GFZ of choice for another mass shooting.

I also have a feeling it’s the latter. Also, I recommend avoiding all social media right now. Very moderate democrats I know are advocating for “mandatory buy backs.” because their getting fed up by the blood being spilled by innocent Americans.

Wonder how the 'very moderates' would feel if someone SWATTED them and they got a visit from the State? As long as it doesn't affect them it's peachy keen.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Got pulled over for failure to signal turn, as I understand it?

They must enforce this law in Texas? A lot of folks up here seem as though they forgot what turn signals are, or never learned of them in the first place. :dunno:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

They must enforce this law in Texas? A lot of folks up here seem as though they forgot what turn signals are, or never learned of them in the first place. :dunno:

i don't think a lot of models even come with them....:rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

And of course there's the other extreme... the ones that drive for MILES with their turn signal on after making a lane change. :n00b: :fogey:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...-day-after-odessa-midland-rampage/2186153001/

[FONT=&amp]A bulk of gun law changes took effect in Texas on Sunday, loosening restrictions just one day after a mass shooting near Odessa and Midland left at least 7 people dead.
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The laws open more opportunities for Texans to have firearms and store ammunition in public places.
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]From churches to public schools to foster homes, the laws also loosen restrictions on where a firearm is permitted.[/FONT]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks for the link Sylvan. Looking at the laws that went into affect in Texas today, it looks like they’ve almost caught up with Indiana as far as gun rights go. None have anything to do with the situation that happened yesterday in Midland and Odessa.

At least it's a step in the right direction, having less gun free zones is a good thing. :yesway:

One of the biggest change is that previously a "no gun sign" meant it was illegal to carry there.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    FBI special agent in charge and Governor Abbott want your guns.
    You're getting this based off...what exactly? I watched the entire press conference, and I got no such indication from Gov. Abbott......at all.....that he has any intention of dumping on our rights. He was very professional, and even said more than once he wants solutions that won't infringe upon the second amendment. The vultures in the media kept circling and circling back around to the evil assault rifle topic, and Gov. Abbott did a tremendous job shutting them down. He mentioned one of the latest shootings was done with a shotgun/handgun combo, and mentioned the deadliest shooting in Texas history was committed with handguns, not a rifle.

Now, that FBI agent in charge on the other hand, I can agree with you there. Some of the stuff he said was very unnecessary, and very much felt politically motivated. I think Gov. Abbott just drew the short straw by having to share a stage with that guy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Still not much information. Kinda looks like the police are being cagey about shooter ID/weapon used/etc specifically because they're wise to the media contagion effect and don't want to feed the trolls.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    You're getting this based off...what exactly? I watched the entire press conference, and I got no such indication from Gov. Abbott......at all.....that he has any intention of dumping on our rights. He was very professional, and even said more than once he wants solutions that won't infringe upon the second amendment. The vultures in the media kept circling and circling back around to the evil assault rifle topic, and Gov. Abbott did a tremendous job shutting them down. He mentioned one of the latest shootings was done with a shotgun/handgun combo, and mentioned the deadliest shooting in Texas history was committed with handguns, not a rifle.

Now, that FBI agent in charge on the other hand, I can agree with you there. Some of the stuff he said was very unnecessary, and very much felt politically motivated. I think Gov. Abbott just drew the short straw by having to share a stage with that guy.

and I quote..."blah blah blah every two weeks we have a mass shooting...blah blah blah...the FBI is working on this an all situations but we have a mass shooting every two weeks...blah blah blah ...we have to do something...blah blah blah...." The FBI might actually be the biggest criminal element in the world...or the dumbest...not sure which. I'd rather be a dog catcher, at least its honest work.

Abbott pats himself on the back for signing into law 22 new regulations in the last month or so to help stem the rising tide of mass shootings...especially in Texas...gotta do something about those evil AR type weapons of mass shooting destruction...

Just watch.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Still not much information. Kinda looks like the police are being cagey about shooter ID/weapon used/etc specifically because they're wise to the media contagion effect and don't want to feed the trolls.

They are likely trying to make it fit the agenda of the lefty media outlets.

Was the gun black?
    Was the shooter black?
    Was the gun a AR sytle rifle?
    How big was the CLIP?
    Was the shooter guy a white right wing Christian? (Quadruple boogie bonus points)
    Was the shooter a pink haired transgender Earth firster looking for a mosque to say his afternoon prayers in?
    What kind of bumper sticker can we photoshop on to the shooter vehicle?
    Was the shooter wearing a MAGA hat? (Boogie Bonus Points off the map)
    Was he wearing a pink mommy part hat his transgender parental unit knitted out of gay baby sea turtle skins?

We have a right to know

Top Bottom