• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I think the thing we may be overlooking here is that hospitals have policies and procedures which most likely prohibit patients from "self-medicating" with illegal and/or unauthorized substances while being treated "in-patient". Maybe it could have been handled without the police but that's not what medical staff are paid to do. If the hospital has no in-house security and ghost busters isn't available, who ya' gonna' call?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    They dont have to do something they know is wrong. "I was just following orders" is what got millions of Jews and others killed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

- Searching for pot.
    - Killing millions of Jews.

Yep, I can see the similarities. :n00b:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    There is a big similarity.. there is the willingness to blindly follow orders regardless of the damage that results

So searching for pot is a gateway order that will lead to killing Jews.

My cop friends are going to want to hear this one. :):

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    So searching for pot is a gateway order that will lead to killing Jews.

My cop friends are going to want to hear this one. :):
    There are thousands of years of "I was just following orders" rhetoric that was used to justify everything from stealing peoples property to committing atrocities. If you to much of fool follow the dots then dont know what to tell you not will I try to tell anyone that dense the dangers of it

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Let's all think of it this way -
    When's the last time you heard of a hospital letting patients smoke their own dope in their rooms? :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In all seriousness, I actually am unsure of the legality of such a search. We cannot tell from the clip if this was hospital staff initiated or something else. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself, "Just how important is this s**t?"

I'm with you. the only thing I can think of, is that the hospital haw some sort of enforceable policy that makes every person entering their doors subject to search, and even then I don't many LEOs who would undertake that search, after a refusal. I always lived by the rule, that if I can search you, I'm not going to ask for permission.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Let's all think of it this way -
    When's the last time you heard of a hospital letting patients smoke their own dope in their rooms? :dunno:
    No doubt that was stupid of him to do but really no worse than lighting a cigarette in the hospital. They have much better things they can use their resources for. Much more serious criminals out there that need apprehended. Right the guy a ticket instead of wasting tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars and resources that could be used more effectively in other areas

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would definitely agree that if police have limited resources that I really think lesser things like marijuana should be towards the bottom of the list especially when there is phentinol, crack, heroin, meth, murder, rape, theft flowing in just about every city. Seem like precious resources would be better spent on attacking those issues.. again I dont smoke marijuana or drink or use any drugs so I really have no dogs In that fight but logic would seem to dictate to dedicate resources to the worst of the problems.

I've never liked this logic. It's as if people think that the small crimes should be overlooked, in attempting to catch larger crimes. The guy smoking meth, and stealing someone's grandmothers house can just as easily say that LE should be looking for murders rather that giving him a hard time. Officers are dispatched to rerouted crimes, and address them. You can rest assured, that if a mass shooting came out while these officers were dealing with this pot oil incident, they probably wouldn't have stayed in the room conducting a search.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No doubt that was stupid of him to do but really no worse than lighting a cigarette in the hospital. They have much better things they can use their resources for. Much more serious criminals out there that need apprehended. Right the guy a ticket instead of wasting tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars and resources that could be used more effectively in other areas

I doubt he was smoking, probably using a vaporizer. IF he WAS smoking marijuana, in a hospital **** him, and the horse he rode in on. Then it would absolutely be a good use of police resources.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I've never liked this logic. It's as if people think that the small crimes should be overlooked, in attempting to catch larger crimes. The guy smoking meth, and stealing someone's grandmothers house can just as easily say that LE should be looking for murders rather that giving him a hard time. Officers are dispatched to rerouted crimes, and address them. You can rest assured, that if a mass shooting came out while these officers were dealing with this pot oil incident, they probably wouldn't have stayed in the room conducting a search.
    But there are crimes that are worse than other crimes and all but the most wealthy of us have to prioritize what we do with our resources. And then take into account that their resources come from us they really need to prioritize what they're gonna spend their money going after

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    But there are crimes that are worse than other crimes and all but the most wealthy of us have to prioritize what we do with our resources. And then take into account that their resources come from us they really need to prioritize what they're gonna spend their money going after

I will go as far as to say if marijuana is going to be illegal than alcohol should be too because there is definite provable data that shows the cost the alcohol has on societee

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    At the end of the day you have to ask yourself, "Just how important is this s**t?"

That depends on which end of the pain you're on ![/QUOTE]I'm proud to be drug free.. I dont smoke the stuff or drink for that matter but I know some people that smoke and they are good folks, they are smart enough to not smoke in front of their children and they kids are good kids.. I would hate to see the damage done to their families from getting busted(I first advise would be not to use) but beyond that, it would be a shame for good kids with parents that love them and provide for them to get busted up because of some stupid archaic law.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That depends on which end of the pain you're on ! I'm proud to be drug free.. I dont smoke the stuff or drink for that matter but I know some people that smoke and they are good folks, they are smart enough to not smoke in front of their children and they kids are good kids.. I would hate to see the damage done to their families from getting busted(I first advise would be not to use) but beyond that, it would be a shame for good kids with parents that love them and provide for them to get busted up because of some stupid archaic law. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Good parents do drugs. :n00b:

I have got to write these down.... :lmfao:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    This what happens when you give govt too much power over everything. Its ****ty, yes. But dont blame the cops, blame lawmakers and citizens who allow them to pass dumb laws
    Kinda hard to do when the jackass governor won't hear anything about MJ until the taxes get figured out because we Hoosiers are too friggin stupid to .

Alcohol on Sundays now and the sun didn't explode did it !

Approximately every 19 minutes someone is dying from pills and the mess they create but that's ok as long as the appropriate overlords get their shillings, **** the pain your in .

Vilifying someone for medicating with MJ IS the real crime .

Top Bottom