• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Every day I see the gulf between the law enforcement profession in which I served and the one today getting bigger and bigger.

What do you want to bet that this agency is also the kind that will send a SWAT Team to shut down a kid's Kool-Aid stand or Girl Scouts selling cookies because they don't have a license?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My experience with this is different, perhaps more tangential. In every thread I've ever read into about libertarian ideas and ideals, legalization comes up very quickly and it becomes evident that at least a vocal plurality of participants arguably are all about the weed

It literally feels like some eerie corollary of Godwin's is at work, and it overshadows more consequential ideas. It seems to be first, or certainly top three, on just about everybody's list of freedoms they desire. YMMV

I may have missed those threads. I’m a proponent of legalization but I don’t advocate for anyone to use drugs recreationally. That’s retarded. Doing something that’s retarded shouldn’t be illigal. It should just be recognized as retarded.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I may have missed those threads. I’m a proponent of legalization but I don’t advocate for anyone to use drugs recreationally. That’s retarded. Doing something that’s retarded shouldn’t be illigal. It should just be recognized as retarded.

Judgmental much?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I may have missed those threads. I’m a proponent of legalization but I don’t advocate for anyone to use drugs recreationally. That’s retarded. Doing something that’s retarded shouldn’t be illegal. It should just be recognized as retarded.

I feel like retarded (not developmentally disabled) people should be offended by this.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Every day I see the gulf between the law enforcement profession in which I served and the one today getting bigger and bigger.

What do you want to bet that this agency is also the kind that will send a SWAT Team to shut down a kid's Kool-Aid stand or Girl Scouts selling cookies because they don't have a license?

I've heard many LEOs state similar.
    Do you think it's just a lack of experience, that they will "grow into"?
    Or do you think it's a result of different schooling while they grew up?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I've heard many LEOs state similar.
    Do you think it's just a lack of experience, that they will "grow into"?
    Or do you think it's a result of different schooling while they grew up?[/

First came the drug war. Then came asset forfeiture. Then came the bastardization of asset forfeiture when it stopped being a law enforcement tool to be used against drug kingpins and became a means of allowing money hungry law enforcement ceo's and prosecutors to engage in blatant and literal highway robbery. This influx of extra money sent LEO agencies on toy buying sprees which more often than not involved SWAT related gear. Agencies then had to justify the expenditures which led to the present day practice of conducting SWAT raids under circumstances where I and my comrades simply walked up and knocked on the door, not because such tactics are called for, but because they justify the existence of the SWAT team.

You now have LEO agencies where no one in the agency, from street grunt all the way up to chief, has ever experienced anything OTHER than a military style response to any scenario because it is the only one they have been taught.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    No doubt that was stupid of him to do but really no worse than lighting a cigarette in the hospital. They have much better things they can use their resources for. Much more serious criminals out there that need apprehended. Right the guy a ticket instead of wasting tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars and resources that could be used more effectively in other areas

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Stupid? It is down right ****ing dangerous to smoke in a hospital? Would it be much more serious to you if an entire wing of the hospital exploded?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Stupid? It is down right ****ing dangerous to smoke in a hospital? Would it be much more serious to you if an entire wing of the hospital exploded?
    I seem to remember when I was a kid that smoking even in hospitals was a regular thing.. dont think a hospital ever went up from smoking. You do realize O2 is NOT flamable dont you?! You do realize it's only a oxidizer.. it requires fuel before it can increase the ability of ignition.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I seem to remember when I was a kid that smoking even in hospitals was a regular thing.. dont think a hospital ever went up from smoking. You do realize O2 is NOT flamable dont you?! You do realize it's only a oxidizer.. it requires fuel before it can increase the ability of ignition.

You mean like clothes, bedsheets, paint, paperwork, etc.

I work in a mill, where we use a LOT of oxygen.
    We've had people get their clothes saturated with oxygen, next thing you know, they're a human torch.
    A spark, a flame, whatever ignited the clothes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You mean like clothes, bedsheets, paint, paperwork, etc.

I work in a mill, where we use a LOT of oxygen.
    We've had people get their clothes saturated with oxygen, next thing you know, they're a human torch.
    A spark, a flame, whatever ignited the clothes.

I have had a med mal case where this happened during an eyelid procedure. Physician and hospital were defendants and ultimately settled.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have had a med mal case where this happened during an eyelid procedure. Physician and hospital were defendants and ultimately settled.

We had a guy turn to a flame, actually didn't get burned very bad.
    But while the air around him was on fire, he almost walked off the edge of the floor.
    Good thing he tripped.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I know 3 guys that would argue this. :(

xj8UC88.jpg

SrR8fA7.jpg

Top Bottom