• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'm stealing this from another site and I don't know the folks involved so I don't know if it is true or not , but since it "happened right next door I thought it might be of interest .

If it is true and happened exactly as described , what was the motivation to take all of the man's preps ?

Or is this the way things are done in the state that gave us Barry ?

A member of my group fell and cracked his head wide open in his kitchen. The guy had a stroke a few years back so he wears a alert button around his neck. He was on the floor bleeding badly so he pushed the button for help. The fire department show up and took him to the nearest hospital.

I received a call tonight from him at the hospital.He told me his neighbors just informed him at the hospital that all his gear was taking by the police.My buddies wallet was on the table next to his sp101 Ruger. In the wallet was his FOID card for Illinois.The police decided to search the whole house and go into his closets.

Over 2500 rounds of green tip 5.56 was taking and another 2000 rounds of .223. The ammo box also had over 1000 rounds of 357 and 38 ammo. All of this was top of the line defensive ammo.They also took his level 3 body armour vest.They also took all his magazines for his mini 14. He had over a dozen of them.

They even took his water canteens and cases of water.They may have taking all his stacks of can goods to.He is getting out of the hospital tomorrow and we will be visiting the local police department to find out how we get this stuff back.

Why would they take his stuff, its all legal.Well tomorrow he wants me to go with him to see if we can straighten this out. I think a lawyer is needed.The bad thing, is all his neighbors know that he is a prepper and has guns now.

He was talking to the fire department when they arrived. They took him out of there before they decided to call the police. He told them he fell, so a criminal investigation wasn't needed. Maybe they didn't want to leave his valuable stuff in the house unlocked.

The neighbors were there so the landlord could of locked the door.This story doesn't make much sense.I don't know much yet but I will be finding out.

This incident has me worried, what if my wife is home alone and has low sugar. The cops show up and take all my weapons and ammo.

Are they going to force open my safe and enter my garage to get my stuff.There is nothing illegal in this guys house. His medications are written by his doctors.I can't wait to hear there reasoning.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I'm guessing they couldn't secure the property, and for liability the police can't leave an unsecured property with known firearms in there. The guy will get his stuff back when he gets back home. I know for a fact some Illinois PD's will hold it for you in the case of an emergency, but you'll get it back. They're usually pretty cool about it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm guessing they couldn't secure the property, and for liability the police can't leave an unsecured property with known firearms in there. The guy will get his stuff back when he gets back home. I know for a fact some Illinois PD's will hold it for you in the case of an emergency, but you'll get it back. They're usually pretty cool about it.

That doesn't explain the vest or the water... :dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Or the canned goods. Or the entering of his home without a warrant and searching his closets (not in plain sight.)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They're going to make him look like an 'extremist'. You know, crazy, paranoid, mentally unstable.

It doesn't seem to matter what is legal and what is not.

I hope to hear more details about this. But it already has a bad stink to it. I hope it gets media coverage but in that state (especially that state), the media is pretty much kgb owned and ran.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    UPDATE ; WARNING: I've been slow in keeping up with this story so it's a long read .

The new posts started about 9:00 AM today and run through 1:00PM today .

Ladies and gentlemen be glad we don't live in IL .

The way this story is shaping up , it looks like the cops are doing whatever they want .

Sorry ,I could not respond sooner with information on this situation. The hospital keep my friend another day so we started by using the phone.

The police will not work with me or discuss this situation with out siders. I request my friend make a call to the local police who in turn gave him a dectective's phone number.The responds was that everything was removed for safety reasons.

This is where we have a issue with this. My friend was well liked by several neighbors who help him all the time. One neighbor is a young man who goes way out of his way to drive my friend around. This guy is trusted and is very honest.

This young man tried to assist the police but was told to back away from the window. He was looking in to see what the police were doing. The police were given the house keys by the EMT's that had responded.The police were to busy gathering all my friends stuff in the middle of the room and taking pictures.

The police locked the door and would not talk with any neighbors. My friend received his keys before the Fire Department carted him away. As of right now the police detectives are not saying much. They have not discussed with my friend the return of his stufff .

My buddies brother is a policemen so he will most likely be step in on the behalf of his brother.A lawyer is better than someone who thinks he knows the law.They have not said they will be returning anything.They have only gave a reason why they decided to take it.

I have experience getting weapons back from the police. I was lucky that my buddy recovered the gun in a gang shooting. A gang had robbed my house while I was at work.They caved in my front door and grabbed two guns and some coins.

My buddy was the responding officer on the gang shooting at the Hospital.I was able to get one of my weapons back.A girlfriend of the gang member was carrying my 45 caliber in the patient's room.She discharge the gun in the hospital room while arguing with her boyfriend. He who was shot by other gang members, so she had brought the gun to him to use to get revenge.Some how she shot her self with the gun in the shoulder.

My buddy said she dropped the gun from her purse and the gun went off hitting her in the shoulder.This girl ratted out her gang to the police so my stolen stuff is SOL.I was lucky to get my one gun back since the other cops wanted it destroyed. When my buddy seen my name on the report, he called me and asked me if I was missing a weapon.

Recovering a weapon is a pain in the ass. You have to go into Chicago and head to 26th street and Califorina ,which is the County Jail. This area is loaded with gangs and with prisoners being released from the courts all day.

Can you see me carrying four ammo cans loaded with ammo, a rifle and pistol down the street in front of a bunch of gang members and ex prisoners. The walk to the truck will be over two blocks. We will be in Chicago and the local police can and pull us over.A handgun is illegal in Chicago. You can bet a lot of cops will be watching us load these guns and ammo in our car
    I guess a few cardboard boxes can hide the ammo cans. The rifle and rifle case will be fun to hide.Maybe the police will just bring back everything but I highly doubt this.My bet is we won't be getting nothing back.My friend had a 30 round magazine in his gun case.This is not allow in Cook County where he lives. I think he's in trouble.

Thi is not in Chicago nor happen in Chicago but that is where the suburbs ship the guns off to.

This happen in a suburb way out of out Chicago. The guns are allow in his suburb. The magazine he may have had in his gun bag , is own by his law enforcement brother who uses his weapons and may have left one there. I don't know if that has even happen.

There has been no charges for anything illegal.No one said he was robbed. They seen a legal weapon with a FOID card in his wallet. They had a reciept from the gun store to.

They still went ahead and searched and opened up locked ammo boxes hidden in a closet. the ammo boxes had locks on them. They used his keys on his key chain to open them.He is allow to own and have a revolver in his suburb.

The bottom line is they found a legal allow weapon. They decided to continue to go ahead and illegally search ,where they enter his lock closet and found a rifle and a few ammo boxes.

They went through all his cabinets and draws in the house and found nothing illegal.They had no right to continue a search without his consent.They were informed from the get go, that there was no crime. He stated he fell and hit his head.

The police were call by the EMT,since they seen a revolver that was holstered on the table.This should of not turned into a crime sense investigation.The injuried guy was able to talk.

So far nothing has happen and he may be going Monday to pick up his weapons. From my experience the police will ship the weapons to Cook county and give him a release to pick up his stuff.

We are hoping that the stuff remains at the police station in the area it was recovered.I'm not sure if he even lives in Cook County, it might be WILL or Dupage. I'm not going to say where. APPARENTLY HE BROKE NO LAWS OR ELSE HE WOULD OF BEEN ARRESTED.

CRAGJ : His close friend in his building ran to the house right away to see what happen. He looked into the window and seen them taking pictures inside.

He later entered the apartment to see what was missing, since he has keys and is trusted.This guy knows everything my friend has, since he cleans and takes care of my buddy.

I like helping the disabled and this is how I met him years later.He is also a child hood friend that I use to protect from gangs when we were kids.Everyone in the area was watching the police carry the stuff out.Everyone in his buildings are pretty close.

Every Sunday they all get together and have a cook out with everyone in the building. It seems everyone in his buildings are pretty close and help each other. This is very rare in these days and ages but so happens to be the norm in his area.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I live about 30 minutes from IL and I will never visit that screwy state.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Something similar happened in Oakville, Indiana, just south of Muncie.

Man had a medical incident, EMS called, firearm seen in the home, police called, police searched the house, finding a "cache", everything taken by the Sheriff and destroyed "for the public good", without a warrant.

Don't know how it was resolved but the family was quite upset about the confiscation and destruction of their father's collection of firearms, black powder, etc.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL

In Illinois they consider the vest firearms accessories (like mags). Again, line of thinking is they don't want gangbangers getting easy access to guns and body armor. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that's how IL is. As far as the canteens, I don't know - were they attached to anything else tactical....:dunno: As to the canned goods - original poster said they "may" have been taking them.

As to general police actions lately, I agree that it sometimes gets out of hand and outright unconstitutional. That's why I'm taking the LSAT June 7th. Would not hurt to have another pro2A attorney and rather than hoping one would come along, I'm going to become one.

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    bad

i also live 30 min away from il i sometimes work there. yes thay have vary strange gun laws from the gansters times thats why
    i hope he gets hes stuff back

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    So no one questions the legitimacy of these OP's? This guys continues to increase the distance between him and the English language as the posts go on, and eventually they seem almost like random words thrown together. I've seen people toss together BS before, and the more tinfoil the forum the more tinfoil the topic. Stolen firearm discharged in a hospital, seized firearms, pictures, and police locking doors to keep people out (WTF?) sounds like a steaming pile of crap.

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt LEO's kicking in doors in the name of the Fatherland, but this story just makes me want to ask what the hell is wrong with this guy.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I'd be happy to contribute to this guys legal fund to sue the pants off the police dept.....as well as the legal fund for the guy in Oakland.

The police depts need to be taught a lesson when they trample on our rights!

Top Bottom