• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r.o.b.o.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Do the homeless guys still live in Hicks during finals when the library is open 24 hours? When I was there there were always a few who frequented there and got kicked out often. Some of them really were nice and were just there for the warmth but some were shady.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Do the homeless guys still live in Hicks during finals when the library is open 24 hours? When I was there there were always a few who frequented there and got kicked out often. Some of them really were nice and were just there for the warmth but some were shady.

Yep, I worked at Lafayette Urban Ministry for a while and I recognize a lot of them. But despite what people say the guy outside the varsity apartments across from Vans is not homeless.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    images

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Would have been nice to attend. I'll be waiting for an AAR. The can man brings back memories, as does all-nighters in hicks library joking with the bums, and some good times in the stacks.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I wish I could have been there also. Just talking about the homeless guys brings back good memories of Purdue. Does anyone have any follow up for what happened at the meeting? I am really curious to see which direction the CC is going down there.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Nothing positive. It was a great turnout. We are talking about holding another one next year. The purdue police chief was very resistant and critical of the idea.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Nothing positive. It was a great turnout. We are talking about holding another one next year. The purdue police chief was very resistant and critical of the idea.

You expected him to embrace it with open arms? The only way you're going to get LEO support is if your desired outcome is LEGISLATED and they have no choice other than to allow it. Even then, you'll still have resistance (St. John, anyone?)

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I wonder if the administration has any idea how many people walk around armed just outside of campus. I was just there yesterday and stopped in for one of the best gyros around the local area at Captain Gyros in the Village. Closest parking I could find was around the corner from Harry's Chocolate Shop. Armed with a 9mm the entire time.

Of course concealed means concealed.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    You expected him to embrace it with open arms? The only way you're going to get LEO support is if your desired outcome is LEGISLATED and they have no choice other than to allow it. Even then, you'll still have resistance (St. John, anyone?)

just stating my understanding of what transpired from feedback from those that were there. still trying to get a video.

I had no expectations. I am relived to know some LEO's and Sherriffs support carry on campus, but I know many are resistant.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You expect law enforcement to want others to be able to carry a firearm? Won't happen.

As far as exercising on campus---do what you will. We are free men and can choose to exercise our rights at will...or not. Concealed means concealed.

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    I've actually had a few uncomfortable moments at Where Else, a bar about a block from campus. I was relieving myself and I saw a person drop his pistol in the urinal. I myself wasn't carrying at the time (I feel uncomfortable doing that if I go to the bars). He drunkenly picked it up and put it back in his pants.

I can now kind of see both sides of the argument, though I would prefer to CC on campus.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Ball State has had students that open carry empty holster to try and get this idea pushed across. I doubt it will ever happen though.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I've actually had a few uncomfortable moments at Where Else, a bar about a block from campus. I was relieving myself and I saw a person drop his pistol in the urinal. I myself wasn't carrying at the time (I feel uncomfortable doing that if I go to the bars). He drunkenly picked it up and put it back in his pants.

I can now kind of see both sides of the argument, though I would prefer to CC on campus.

That person would have been drinking and carrying whether you were "allowed" to carry your gun or not. There's a rule and he broke it anyway.

Top Bottom