Question: Why Would You Carry At Church??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not saying it's probable, but during a period when the average deadly crime rate has been dropping, the rate of incidents at faith based organizations actually multiplied.

Knowing which targets are becoming more favorable gives one the opportunity to either avoid such targets or maintain extra vigilance when one attends.

It certainly discredits the notion that these places are "safe" or even proportionately as safe as they were once widely considered.

:twocents:

Exactly. I think we tend to assume that criminals are stupid. Many are, but many are smart enough to know where they have a tactical advantage.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Exactly. I think we tend to assume that criminals are stupid. Many are, but many are smart enough to know where they have a tactical advantage.

Exactly times two. Most criminals are stupid by most of our standards (i.e. making change from $1.02, knowing their name, etc) but they are very smart and clever in the ways of their trade. That includes knowing where the weapon is, knowing the esay targets, knowing the threats, etc.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Exactly times two. Most criminals are stupid by most of our standards (i.e. making change from $1.02, knowing their name, etc) but they are very smart and clever in the ways of their trade. That includes knowing where the weapon is, knowing the esay targets, knowing the threats, etc.

Agreed wholeheartedly.
    This is where the "sheeple" don't understand why many of us carry EVERYWHERE. They think was can choose when/where to carry because some areas are "safe".. we realize that NOWHERE is 100% safe.

tmf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I recently moved to Richmond, IN from Virginia and I'm an ordained minister. In my church in Virginia I carried every time I set foot on the grounds (or anywhere for that matter) and appreciated knowing that at least 7-10 people were carrying on a given Sunday morning.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Agreed wholeheartedly.
    This is where the "sheeple" don't understand why many of us carry EVERYWHERE. They think was can choose when/where to carry because some areas are "safe".. we realize that NOWHERE is 100% safe.

I agree that you agree that I agree that you agree with ATM.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    At my church ...

... a rector (that's only a "partial erection") saw me give our city chief of police a Glock to have different sights installed. Rector went all tattle-tale to the pastor, complaining. He was told that 1st and 2d amendments of the Constitution were involved, therefor no problem was involved. Rector complains more, wanting to know, "What are MY rights?" Pastor says, "You have the right to complain." We have four LEOs in our church.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Jesus actually ...

... told His followers THEN, that it was time THEN to sell their clothes if necessary, go buy a weapon. No different now. I believe that He was telling His followers to TAKE measures to defend themselves. I'm with you, all the way. He also said that anyone who did not provide for his family was to be considered to be worse than the infidel. EBG
    A lot of people don't realize that Jesus said there would come a time when you would have to sell what you've got and buy a sword (modern term: firearm) Luke 22:36. I would do it without hesitation in Church if necessary.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Do you have any small children?

If it were your child It would only take ONE amber alert to ruin your day. We practice more security with library books ! ! ! Many Ex-s know the church where the former spouse attends; get it?

Really? They have a problem with child abductions or disappearances? There was no explanation, just a "come talk to us about it later." I'm personally glad I do not attend that church, and I wouldn't/won't go back voluntarily.

I was glad I was armed. Even here at home, I don't attend church that often, but I'm always armed at those that I can legally carry.[/QUOTE]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There are a lot of evil people in the world that would love to kill some Christians. Unfortunately one doesn't know when that is going to happen or where. This is evidenced by the many shootings we have seen in recent years and also by the many church burnings. I think it is just going to get worse.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    ... told His followers THEN, that it was time THEN to sell their clothes if necessary, go buy a weapon. No different now. I believe that He was telling His followers to TAKE measures to defend themselves. I'm with you, all the way. He also said that anyone who did not provide for his family was to be considered to be worse than the infidel. EBG

As much as I would LOVE to discuss this part of the issue, this is what got the thread closed last time.... :(

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    If it were your child It would only take ONE amber alert to ruin your day. We practice more security with library books ! ! ! Many Ex-s know the church where the former spouse attends; get it?

Really? They have a problem with child abductions or disappearances? There was no explanation, just a "come talk to us about it later." I'm personally glad I do not attend that church, and I wouldn't/won't go back voluntarily.

I was glad I was armed. Even here at home, I don't attend church that often, but I'm always armed at those that I can legally carry.

I'm guessing you're trying to talk to me after I deciphered your broken quote. Yes, I understand that there are reasons for taking security measures. I have never attended a church that 1) announced their measures in the manner that this church did and 2) didn't have such a close knit church community that even if they needed such security measures, everyone knows everyone else's business and security is people being really nosy.

The church that I attend on any sort of regularity (not very often, but still) is a place that I carry my sidearm every time I go for any event.

My concern with the church in MO took into account the location and size of the church. I don't fault them if they want those types of security measures in place, I just don't agree with them and I won't attend again. The service and sermon also were a bit of a buzzkill and factor into my choice not to darken their door.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I have attended all sizes of churches and locations. None of them warranted a "no carry zone".

The pastor in the "Patriot" said "a pastor must tend his flock and at times fight off the wolves". I think Christians who do not agree with self defense are missing a true character of God - Justice.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I always OC in church. No one has said a word about it. When we were "shopping around" for a church, no one said anything to me either. Everyone is super friendly, and the side arm is noticed, but unmentioned. Imagine that! Parents trust a MWAG around their children. Bloomberg would be furious!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom