Question: Why Would You Carry At Church??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Well (deleted) and then He said (deleted) but of course (deleted) and so (deleted) so (deleted) but then (deleted) When (deleted) but (deleted) and when (deleted)
    And that is why I carry at church. :rolleyes:

When you can't explain why your spiritual beliefs make a difference in why you do or don't carry at church, the OPs question is stripped of all meaning. Might as well ask why you carry at the Country Club.

Why is it we can talk about the grisly impact of bullets on the human body and make comments on our feelings about killing some one in some rather horrible fashion, even joke about it; or get in knock down drag out fights about politics? But mention faith and suddenly its :eek::eek::nono::rules: ?
    Exactly why is a discussion of a person's faith or lack of it as it relates to firearms and self defense in response to civilly asked question somehow harmful or repulsive on this forum? I thought we were supposed to be adults here.
    Discussing carry in church without being able to support it with personal feelings on faith is meaningless! :bs:

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Not to take away from your point, but what does faith have to do with carrying in a church vs other locations?

Faith has nothing to do with it. The church is an earthly location that is open to evil as evidenced by shootings and other evil acts that occur on the church campus. People will hide behind faith to reason why they do what they do. There is nothing evil about carrying - you are not relinguishing your trust or faith in God. Carry concealed and noone will be alarmed or have their worship "tainted" by the sight of a gun.

Why do you use soap to wash your hands in church - germs do not exist there either. People (especially little rug rats) do not catch disease in the nurseries either.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Not to take away from your point, but what does faith have to do with carrying in a church vs other locations?

Faith has nothing to do with it. The church is an earthly location that is open to evil as evidenced by shootings and other evil acts that occur on the church campus. People will hide behind faith to reason why they do what they do. There is nothing evil about carrying - you are not relinguishing your trust or faith in God. Carry concealed and noone will be alarmed or have their worship "tainted" by the sight of a gun.

Why do you use soap to wash your hands in church - germs do not exist there either. People (especially little rug rats) do not catch disease in the nurseries either.

I agree with you. My point is that for some of us it is very hard to answer such a question without bringing our personal beliefs in to it. The OP's question was why church, not why carry anywhere. The implication being that church was different. And for many it is. So it is difficult to answer without also bringing in personal faith and certain scriptures.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    My former church's doctrine has essentially banned firearms ownership.

That is why it is now my former church.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    To those that think the Bible would not have you bring a weapon to church...

Pre Garden of Eden you would be correct. However, man has brought this upon himself and this is the world which we created by our actions thousands of years ago in the Garden.

Satan has been unleashed on this world "like a lion seeking whom he can devour". There is not a difference in the church building and the others as far as evil is concerned and protecting yourself from it. We are to be diligent regardless.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    To those that think the Bible would not have you bring a weapon to church...

Pre Garden of Eden you would be correct. However, man has brought this upon himself and this is the world which we created by our actions thousands of years ago in the Garden.

Satan has been unleashed on this world "like a lion seeking whom he can devour". There is not a difference in the church building and the others as far as evil is concerned and protecting yourself from it. We are to be diligent regardless.

Agreed!! I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with me on.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well it looks like some just can't follow the rules, or the request in this thread to stick to the topic of carry, and not religion.

My apologies to those that did follow the rules, but this thread is now closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom