NWI
    giphy.gif

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Got to meet Gunny at the Pittsburg NRA show.
    Was waiting for a buddy to come out of the restrooms and Gunny walks by and stops and talks to us for about 10 minutes.
    Asked us where we were from and how we were doing.
    Shook our hands and went off into the show.
    He was a class act.
    God Bless You Gunny.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I have is action figure from years back. My wife had it autographed by him. He has been a hero of mine for a while.

He will be missed. Good night Chesty.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;9t4FgmaKOy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t4FgmaKOy8[/video]

"But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever, and that means you live forever" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    He really was a great person besides being the legendary movie star, 2nd amendment champion, and champion for military veterans.
    He would treat everyone exactly the same no matter who you were. I had the awesome opportunity to spend a day with him many years ago and I will never forget it. My username Trigger Time is because of him. Back when I talked with him he told me he had a new show coming out called trigger time with R. Lee Ermey. I think eventualy the name was changed but I never forgot the name. This was after mail call had been playing. One of the nicest and genuine guys ever and for me an icon of growing up.

I had a similar experience with R. Lee, and was very fond of him. I rarely show photos of myself, but will make an exception. The details aren't important.
    Rest in peace, my friend.

meGunny%28edit%29-M.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My brother and I met Gunny at the NRA convention in 2014 here in Indy. A really cool guy, seems like he would talk to you for hours if only there was time. Told him we were watching Full Metal Jacket with our dad up until the point where Private Pyle shot him and then our dad got up off the couch and went off to bed because he said the rest of the movie couldn’t be nearly as good as the first half. Gunny got a big chuckle out of that and bellowed “That’s Right!” as we went on our way.

Godspeed, Gunny!

62FFEA02-1BA3-4769-AF53-662C74D71EFF.jpg

Last edited:

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    How breaking is this?, I can't find anything on Google.

FWIW, his Wikipedia page has been updated about his passing. Pneumonia. Always bad but especially so for seniors.

He'd said lately that he believed he'd been blackballed by Hollywood in recent years because of some things he'd said about the Obama administration and letting it be known of his conservative political leanings, even though he voted for Obama in 2008.

Whatever. Maybe History Channel will run a Mail Call marathon.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    FWIW, his Wikipedia page has been updated about his passing. Pneumonia. Always bad but especially so for seniors.

He'd said lately that he believed he'd been blackballed by Hollywood in recent years because of some things he'd said about the Obama administration and letting it be known of his conservative political leanings, even though he voted for Obama in 2008.

Whatever. Maybe History Channel will run a Mail Call marathon.

Pneumonia, (just speculating here) could've been from the flu hat's so bad this year. If it can get R. Lee, you know it's really bad stuff.

Top Bottom