Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    28h4xp.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    hello god, its me speaking for the population of the world...you can have all the kardishans (the males, the females, and even the female that used to be a male!) but please give us gunny back!

in 2009 the owner of the gunshop went to the shot show, I told him you better get me gunny's autograph!, so he waited in line for 2 hours, and when he got to the front, gunny asked who do I make this out for, he said, I need 2 for my employees, and gunny said "your first, you waited in line not them", its framed sitting on my desk at work (at my full time job)

at home somewhere I have a gunny action figure, still in the box, wearing his dress blues, I'll have to find it

semper fi and rip gunny!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Seen him at the Kadena PX on Okinawa in 2008 when he was there doing his mail call book signing. When my buddy and I left a while laterwe happened to run into him as he was coming out the side door. We managed to get a few pictures but when I developed the film none of the pictures with him came out. His agent or whatever was trying to rush him on but he gave us those few minutes and then shook our hands.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was hoping that it was a hoax, but the stories from more reliable sources are now overwhelming "it's a hoax" reports.

I'm sad. R Lee Ermey was awesome and he will be missed by all.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    This is what is hanging in my cubicle at work.
    Gunny watches over my monitor.
    Waited in line for 3 1/2 hours at Louisville NRA show.
    Was worth every minute.
    IMAG5399 resized.jpg

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

I was hoping that it was a hoax, but the stories from more reliable sources are now overwhelming "it's a hoax" reports.

I'm sad. R Lee Ermey was awesome and he will be missed by all.

So many idiots getting their kicks from faking celebrity deaths can make one skeptical. Really was hoping this was a hoax.

RIP (Language warning) [video=youtube;CQvEBaLYHJE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQvEBaLYHJE[/video]

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    My brother and I met Gunny at the NRA convention in 2014 here in Indy. A really cool guy, seems like he would talk to you for hours if only there was time. Told him we were watching Full Metal Jacket with our dad up until the point where Private Pyle shot him and then our dad got up off the couch and went off to bed because he said the rest of the movie couldn’t be nearly as good as the first half. Gunny got a big chuckle out of that and bellowed “That’s Right!” as we went on our way.

Godspeed, Gunny!

View attachment 65934

Ditto. Got a photo with him and it is a keeper! Also slipped me a challenge coin, which I'm sure everyone else in line got, but I was on top of the world that day!

Me and the boys loved his Geico commercials. All you have to do in my house is say, "And that's why yellow makes me sad..." and you are sure to get a, "You know what makes me sad? YOU DO!!!" :laugh:

[video=youtube;APwfZYO1di4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwfZYO1di4[/video]

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Ditto. Got a photo with him and it is a keeper! Also slipped me a challenge coin, which I'm sure everyone else in line got, but I was on top of the world that day!

Me and the boys loved his Geico commercials. All you have to do in my house is say, "And that's why yellow makes me sad..." and you are sure to get a, "You know what makes me sad? YOU DO!!!" :laugh:

[video=youtube;APwfZYO1di4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwfZYO1di4[/video]
    That was their best commercial. And it was often quoted by my family as well, mamby pampy land

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    hello god, its me speaking for the population of the world...you can have all the kardishans (the males, the females, and even the female that used to be a male!) but please give us gunny back!

in 2009 the owner of the gunshop went to the shot show, I told him you better get me gunny's autograph!, so he waited in line for 2 hours, and when he got to the front, gunny asked who do I make this out for, he said, I need 2 for my employees, and gunny said "your first, you waited in line not them", its framed sitting on my desk at work (at my full time job)

at home somewhere I have a gunny action figure, still in the box, wearing his dress blues, I'll have to find it

semper fi and rip gunny!

Everyone I've heard that's met him, said he was a class act.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy

Marine D.I.'s are the GREATEST one line men on earth. No matter what you say you are wrong.

I remember standing in formation in San Diego when one of my D.I's wife drove him up in a BEAUTIFUL 1968 Chevelle SS396 blue rag top. Guy next to me, and I grab a quick look.

The D.I. goes up to the other guy and says "I saw you looking at my wife. Do you want to F*** her." He replies "No sir" D.I. punches him and says "oh she isn't good enough for you.

He then approaches me and says "I saw you looking at my wife. Do you want tp f*** her." I thought th other guy gets punched for saying no so I replies "Yes" The next 5 minutes are missing from my memory.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Some of his bloopers... or SNAFUs. ***LANGUAGE WARNING*** Big Time.
    The guy is a drill Sargent and they had him working on a PG/G rated set. What could possibly go wrong. :laugh:

[video=youtube;goSXxZNTTqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goSXxZNTTqo[/video]

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Marine D.I.'s are the GREATEST one line men on earth. No matter what you say you are wrong.

I remember standing in formation in San Diego when one of my D.I's wife drove him up in a BEAUTIFUL 1968 Chevelle SS396 blue rag top. Guy next to me, and I grab a quick look.

The D.I. goes up to the other guy and says "I saw you looking at my wife. Do you want to F*** her." He replies "No sir" D.I. punches him and says "oh she isn't good enough for you.

He then approaches me and says "I saw you looking at my wife. Do you want tp f*** her." I thought th other guy gets punched for saying no so I replies "Yes" The next 5 minutes are missing from my memory.

Nothing beats a good tall tale.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    I remember reading about the making of "Full Metal Jacket." Ermey had signed on as a technical advisor but the part of Hartman hadn't yet been cast. Stanley Kubrick had wanted someone like James Caan but he wasn't available. Ermey wanted the part but hadn't had much dialogue onscreen in his career at that point. So he showed up on set one day in his dress uniform and Drill Instructor's cover and started barking orders at the film crew, who freaked. Most of them were inexperienced at military service and suddenly felt as if they'd been drafted. Kubrick realized he'd found his Drill Instructor.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom