• JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have been planning on picking up a Sig Sauer P6 for my thin gun,
    Reliable, good size, can be had for around $300 and well, Its a Sig.:D
    Similar to the P225 but they are the older W. German....

I agree, carried a P225 for several years and always found it to be super reliable, light, very flat and accurate.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    My vote is for a Kahr PM9. A friend of mine is 5'2" and in IWB CCW with no problem. He would probably have trouble with my Glock 26. He owns a XDm But says it's too big for him to CCW. As I said Kahr PM9.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hey OP, what's your budget?

Higher budget: Springfield EMP, Kimber Ageis, Para Carry 9 or PDA, Kahr P-9, PM-9, MK-9, H&K P2000sk. ETA: H&K P7 variant

Moderate Budget: Ruger SR9c, M&P9c, G26, Kahr CW-9, Sig P250sc, XDsc, Beretta PX-4sc (They're chunky, but not as chunky as they look in photos...kind of like me!)

Slightly less than the above: KelTec PF-9 or P11, a Bersa product

So, how much do you want to spend? What type of action do you like best?

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    My current drool as well...albeit not not on my dept's carry list :xmad:

Probably going to end up with a PF-9 myself.

Why don't you talk to the powers that be on your dept about allowing the PO Carry-9. It seems I remember reading that the C9 was made for off duty and under cover officers. Find out what it would take for them to accept it.
    JMO, the PF-9 is no where close to being in the PO C-9 class. (I own both)

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bersa 9mm are good guns, won't be too hard to conceal. single stack 9+1 iirc. recoil not too bad. imo they're a little too thin for comfort, but I have big hands. I like my friend's KT PF9 for the grip, and he CC's it with no trouble.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Bersa 9mm are good guns, won't be too hard to conceal. single stack 9+1 iirc.

The Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact is a double-stack 13rd. The only single-stack 9mm in their lineup is the BP9CC, which AFAIK is not actually available yet.

bersa_bp9_cc_bp_9cc-tfb-tm.jpg

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Great stuff, guys. I've had a p7m8 and a beretta sub compact. :) I'm for any type of trigger, but since my main carry doesn't have an external safety, I'd rather my smaller pistol doesn't either. :) These are great suggestions, guys.

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Everyone tells me im under gun with my 9mm .I personally think anything would be find for protection i carry a XDM now but would like to carry a smaller 9 like a Glock 26 or a Kimber CDP2 or maybe a Springfield EMP Any thoughts

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Everyone tells me im under gun with my 9mm .I personally think anything would be find for protection i carry a XDM now but would like to carry a smaller 9 like a Glock 26 or a Kimber CDP2 or maybe a Springfield EMP Any thoughts

that's more of a caliber question, but no, you are not undergunned with a 9mm... people that say that are morons and you shouldn't listen to them in the first place. Kimbers are nice, but use a schwartz safety, I'd say the emp is the best of that bunch.

Top Bottom