• JTPharmD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Eastside
    I have been planning on picking up a Sig Sauer P6 for my thin gun,
    Reliable, good size, can be had for around $300 and well, Its a Sig.:D
    Similar to the P225 but they are the older W. German....

Love my P6. I got it from another INGO member. It's had the ramp polished. I was under the impression that P6's need to have some ramp work done to feed HP rounds. Mine feeds them fine, but can someone clarify this for me? P6 needs work done to the feed ramp for HP's and P225's don't? Is this myth or truth? I don't want to steer focus away from the thread's subject, so feel free to PM.

Thanks in advance

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Well, I need something that is small enough for summer carry.

I'd like to be 9mm and a single stack or a thin doublestack. Ideas?

How are the Kel tec PF9 pistols?

i carry a SCCY they are more accurate,dont jam like the kel and seem to be a better all around gun. the fit in your hand was the deciding factor for me the SCCY fit like it belongs there....:ar15:

Ol' Wiley

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Indiucky (Clark Co.)
    Can't say enough about the reliability and accuracy of my Kahr P9.
    If it's too expensive for ya, grab the Kahr CW9... shoots and conceals just as well.
    DOA trigger is perfect, IMO. Single Stack, 7+1.

I wear it IWB every second I'm dressed (in a Galco holster)... I swear I'd forget it was there if I weren't so darn vigilant! :):

^grammar hounds, ATTACK!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    My wife has a Kahr CW9 that I have "borrowed" on occassion and seriously have forgotten it was there. I would ask for more than 7 rounds though...I have enough body mass to hide an extra 3 rounds...lol

Snowden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Love my P6. I got it from another INGO member. It's had the ramp polished. I was under the impression that P6's need to have some ramp work done to feed HP rounds. Mine feeds them fine, but can someone clarify this for me? P6 needs work done to the feed ramp for HP's and P225's don't? Is this myth or truth? I don't want to steer focus away from the thread's subject, so feel free to PM.

Thanks in advance

I've got a P6 myself. Great gun- I'd recommend it for anyone, especially those with smaller hands. Mine must not have the polished ramp, though. It tends to hang up at least once a magazine with Hornady XTPs, but it functions fine with Cor-Bon Pow'R Balls, so I'm not too worried about it.

kaforgey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Camden
    I have a sig 225 that I carry during the summer. I love the gun. Very accurate, reasonably thin, and extremely reliable. The best part is that it was under $350

nipplehead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    crown point
    Since you stated slim I am assuming single stack. I have 3 such pistols. Two of them I highly recommend..that they have been 100% since I got them.

the first, HK P7 PSP...you can get them used as a police trade in starting @ 525.00...wonderful gun but you have to squeeze it to make it fire. Trigger like a 1911. The squeeze feature makes it safe around small children as they cannot physically fire that gun.. Gun comes in 9mm only.

The second gun Is the Sig 239...Equally as good as the P7 ..its just a personal preference issue..both guns very accurate...9mm,357sig or .40

the third gun had an issue..so I no longer let my wife carry it Walter PPS.
    The PPS is very light weight and accurate but the striker pin has gotten stuck. It has been since back for repairs and has been reliable since. However I have not put lots of rounds through it since its been back.
    these guns had several issues when they first came out so dont buy a used one. But the PPS has the Glock-like trigger you seek

Another gun which is very small , light and most importantly reliable is the HK 2000SK..that is my wifes new gun to replace the PPS. It is a double stack and is 10 + 1 in 9mm . It also come in .40

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I realize I'm a little late to the party, but oh well.

I have a KelTec P-11. It's a double stack 10+1 9mm. It's basically the same size as my dad's Taurus 709, but a little bit wider (since the 709 is a 7+1 single stack). The P-11 is a bit less expensive than the 709, but it does seem to be "cheaper", too. I bought it because I wanted a "jogging" size weapon that can also serve as a deep concealment alternative to my 1911. I personally wouldn't want to make the P-11 my primary EDC, but it does what I want it to do at a cost I could handle.

I picked up the P-11 at the last Indy 1500. While I was there, I handled a Kahr CW9 and *really* liked it. Unfortunately, I could only spend what cash I had brought with me (which I did intentionally for my own wallet's protection), and I just couldn't afford that one. It felt really good in the hand, seemed more sturdy than the P-11, and even looked pretty sweet.

As somebody else mentioned, it depends a bit on your budget. If you can afford to spend a little more on a Kahr or a Taurus (or one of the myriad others suggested), I think it would serve you well. If not, the KelTec isn't really a bad option for its price.

I don't know much about other manufacturers, but I do know that Taurus has a lifetime warranty on all their firearms. My dad actually got his 709 pretty cheap because it wasn't working so well, but Taurus repaired it for free, and now it's working great! The KelTec manual for my P-11 says it also has a lifetime warranty, but only for the original owner. Food for thought.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I have two Taurus model 908's. I purchased them or traded just for trading stock. I kept both of them. One is SS & one blue. They have both been totally reliable and accurate. This model is no longer made but available for reasonable prices. They are single stack.

Top Bottom