• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was forming a porch when a friend called me over to hear the reports on the radio.

I was putting railings on a concrete porch today, the similarity was poinient.

My nephew was in his shop on the north side of Staten Island when a friend called him to come out because a plane had hit the WTC. As he walked out of the bay they watched the second plane hit.

My family didn't have a TV so I went out and bought one.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Lest we not forget the 1st responder's that perished attempting to save as many lives as possible.

So true. A friend of my wife's took his cadaver dog out there for a few weeks. Those pups were heros too. Everyone that responded are truly hero's.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Interesting story.

INCREDIBLE: This Heroine Was Ready To Fly A Suicide Mission To Take Down Hijacked Flight 93 | Daily Wire

When she was queried as to how she had the guts to consider a suicide mission, Penney answered bluntly:

Why? Because there are things in this world that are more important than ourselves. Freedom. The Constitution of the United States. Our way of life. Mom, baseball, apple pie; these things and so many more that make us uniquely American. We belong to something greater than ourselves. As complex and diverse and discordant as it is, this thing, this idea called America, binds us together in citizenship and community and brotherhood.

The quintessential American.

[video=youtube;I5ySPIXgN4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ySPIXgN4Y[/video]

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Aaaaaaand...

9/11 is over.

Back to our regularly scheduled deceptions, denials, coping mechanisms and, of course, perpetually justified war

everywhere

FOREVER.

:rockwoot:'merica.

[video=youtube;xV7Ha3VDbzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7Ha3VDbzE[/video]

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Don't be so hard on yourself brother......Everyone deal with grief and hurt their own way and I'll never judge those that deal with it through denying what happened....

Sorry, but the 9/11 Commission was not assembled to "deal with grief and hurt their own way".

They were formed to convince the American populace that there would be a real investigation allowed at some point.

It never was and there never will be, but everyone feels super patriotic and badazz, so it's cool. :popcorn:

Happy 9/12. :yesway:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The-people-will-believe.jpg

Isn't it cool that fake news is just a recent thing. :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sorry, but the 9/11 Commission was not assembled to "deal with grief and hurt their own way".

They were formed to convince the American populace that there would be a real investigation allowed at some point.

It never was and there never will be, but everyone feels super patriotic and badazz, so it's cool. :popcorn:

Happy 9/12. :yesway:

Knock it the **** off. If you seriously believe your ramblings then you have no damn clue. You need to get out more. Take your bull **** to some other thread and stop being disrespectful in a memorial thread

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Knock it the **** off. If you seriously believe your ramblings then you have no damn clue. You need to get out more. Take your bull **** to some other thread and stop being disrespectful in a memorial thread

Go pound sand, I'm feeling super patriotic and badazz today.

USA! USA! USA!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I watched it on the news while at work...at an Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation and Electronic Warfare Range. At the time we had the only radar coverage over the Midwest. I immediately got on the phone with my CC and NORAD to offer our services. I spent the next 9 months on the Southeast Air Defense Sector Battle Staff.

I remember that day well.

So:

We fly in the purple twilight,
    We fly in the silvery dawn,
    With smoke trails following after,
    To show where our comrades gone,
    So stand by you glasses ready,
    Don't let a tear leave you eye,
    Here's to the dead already,
    And Hurrah to the next man to die,
    So here's to the next men we send out to die,
    A boozum buddies a boozing are we,
    Here's to the next men we send out to die,
    A boozum buddies a boozing are we.

IIRK...or words to that effect sung while drunk...sounded good to me...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I watched it on the news while at work...at an Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation and Electronic Warfare Range. At the time we had the only radar coverage over the Midwest. I immediately got on the phone with my CC and NORAD to offer our services. I spent the next 9 months on the Southeast Air Defense Sector Battle Staff.

I remember that day well.

So:

We fly in the purple twilight,
    We fly in the silvery dawn,
    With smoke trails following after,
    To show where our comrades gone,
    So stand by you glasses ready,
    Don't let a tear leave you eye,
    Here's to the dead already,
    And Hurrah to the next man to die,
    So here's to the next men we send out to die,
    A boozum buddies a boozing are we,
    Here's to the next men we send out to die,
    A boozum buddies a boozing are we.

IIRK...or words to that effect sung while drunk...sounded good to me...
    Tyndall, huh?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Tyndall, huh?

Why yes indeed. It was only supposed to be a month...I was staying in Temp Q but moved to the family camp with a trailer after it turned into much more time.

Developed the protection plans for the presidents ranch, the first three shuttle launches afterwards, and some other stuff. You there?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Why yes indeed. It was only supposed to be a month...I was staying in Temp Q but moved to the family camp with a trailer after it turned into much more time.

Developed the protection plans for the presidents ranch, the first three shuttle launches afterwards, and some other stuff. You there?

I was stationed there 90-92. After retraining and ending up at Eglin I had a bud go over there and work A1M late 2001-early 2002. I stopped in and saw him when I was over there working some stuff with the Secret Squirrel unit that came under 53d Wing out of Eglin (not the 53 WEG or 82 Aerial Targets Squadron, the one east of the main base on 98.) They were all in flight suits, yes he caught grief from me over that.

Top Bottom