• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I saw a lot of Patriots on overpasses today with flags and one very magnificent flag structure on one overpass. It made me proud to be an American today and I'm not ashamed to say brought a tear to this vets eyes. Thank you to those who did this.

I commented in the old 9/11 thread... but I saw the same guy I saw for years past above 465 on the northwest side... waving the flag, saluting drivers. Trucks were honking in respect.

He was still there when I left work this evening.

Then another group at 465/Emerson, about 3-4 people, all with flags.

Everyone really should watch the GWB first pitch after 9/11. Really a good example of everyone coming together and being as-one... something that'd be nice to see again.

[video=youtube;NjGcCI9ByWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjGcCI9ByWw[/video]

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What still resonates with me today is the eerie silence. We had no concept of how much noise jets made because the sound was always there in the background. Then the FAA grounded ALL flights for days. Those days it was profoundly quiet. Until then, We had no idea that we could hear those jets even though we couldnt see them. The silence was profound. even living in the big city away from the airport (Near St Vincents hospital), walking outside the noise level difference was obvious.

this, exactly.

Was talking with my 15 year old about this again last night. They held a moment of silence in school yesterday morning. Some kids didn't observe it. They don't understand this is something we lived, something we will never forget. He said his teacher pulled them aside afterwards and had a nice long talk with them.
    I sat glued to the tv for days, as my work schedule permitted. I was off work "the day", I don't think I got dressed until I was called to go in later that afternoon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    this, exactly.

Was talking with my 15 year old about this again last night. They held a moment of silence in school yesterday morning. Some kids didn't observe it. They don't understand this is something we lived, something we will never forget. He said his teacher pulled them aside afterwards and had a nice long talk with them.
    I sat glued to the tv for days, as my work schedule permitted. I was off work "the day", I don't think I got dressed until I was called to go in later that afternoon.

But some think this thread is...........well.............you know................:(

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    this, exactly.

We had a moment of silence with the entire school, 17 years ago, on the 12th ... and it was a French school.
    Many kids around the world (and adults) who saw the attacks live on TV were just as shocked as American kids.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    On 9/11, I lived in north Porter County directly under a busy flight path to Midway. At night, we could always see the landing lights in a line, several miles apart stretching to the horizon.

For the first several days after 9/11, nothing on the flight path, but at night we could see 2 fighters with blinking lights, side-by-side patrolling a perimeter around Chicago.

The morning of 9/11, the first plane hit while I was almost ready to head out the door to work. I had Good Morning America on, which is an hour delayed broadcast on the Chicago stations. Charlie Gibson broke in with the news of the plane hitting. At first they announced that it seemed to be a small plane. I thought it was weird, but I kissed my wife and headed off to work.

I always listened to WLS in the car, Don Wade and Roma at that time. They were talking to a reporter from New York live at the WTC when, live on the air, the second airplane struck. The reporter was flustered (understandably) and stammered something about it either being an attack or a horrible coinicdence. Don Wade yelled that of course we're under attack and the coincidence talk was the stupidest thing he had ever heard.

I, of course, was stunned. I had a heaviness in the pit of my stomach that I have felt few times in my life. Not knowing what to do and my church being on the way to work, I stopped there. It was empty. I was a deacon, so I had keys. I went in and prayed, then proceeded to work. Everyone was gathered in our largest conference room with a TV watching the coverage. That is when we heard about the Pentagon, the missing 4th plane and everything being grounded and all the information and disinformation we all heard that day.

I had a document production to finish and get out. We released everyone early and I decided to drop the file box of records off to the opposing counsel myself on the way home. When I got there, their office was closed. I saw people lining up for gas. The price had jumped from about $1 to 1.20 a gallon to a gouging $1.79.

I went home, and turned on the news and watched it the rest of the day into the night while trying to distract my then 4 and 2 year old kids. For a fleeting moment, I wondered if the Army NG would take back a doughy, out of shape desk jockey who used to be a ground pounder. Very fleeting thought.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Tomorrow is 9/11... Stay safe out there America. :patriot:

Just praying that we don't have 'Some People Do Something'.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Sylvain,

You changed your Avatar. Thank you Sir! As an American all I can say is, well it must be Dusty in here.

It is an honor to be in a community with people like you.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some planes did something.

Tweet has since been deleted.

EELj3SEX4AAfMfs

Top Bottom