• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    This isn't the time or place to argue over what was performed or what was seen to be on 9/11/2001.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Early bump ... It's already the 11th over here.

We-Will-Never-Forget.jpg

542015504_1280x720.jpg

Hard to believe that it has been 17 years already. :patriot:

Time flies but memories stay.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yo...pens-today-after-nearly-2-decades-2018-09-08/

Stay safe everyone.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I had an opportunity to work with a car salesman today that transferred out of the WTC the week before the cowardly attack. He got a little emotional talking about it.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That Tuesday(!) I sat stunned at work but when I was at home tears rolled down my face watching the news. I was 34 yo and so many of the victims were in that age range. I think that is part of why I will choke up and tear up at almost any narrative reference to the attacks. Such an immense toll of human suffering played out live, for hours.

We were talking a little about this at work today. Two other folks here as well as myself were here at that time as well. Our youngest partner mentioned he was 11 at the time and had very limited memories of the event.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was in a political chat room at my previous job when it happened. I went and got my boss and had him bring out a tv that we had in the conference room. We had no cable (or antenna really), but a bunch of us held on to the antenna leads on the tv and held hands in a big circle to get reception while we watched what was going on. After work I went to my favorite watering hole at the time (The Classy Chassy). All eyes were glued to the tv sets, not paying much attention to the girls.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I worked for United Airlines at the time and turned on the computer just in time to see the second plane impact. By the end of the day we had planes from every airline in the world parked on our ramps. There were so many that you could literally walk from one end of the facility to the other by jumping from wing tip to wing tip and never touch the ground.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shattered steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining."

- President George W. Bush
    September 11, 2001

And defend it and make them pay we did. We must never forget the animals and the terrorist cult that did this and are responsible for many other atrocities around the world to this day. They are still among us, trying to blend in, even trying to fool us into believing they are peaceful and innocent and loving. They fool their followers as well into being pawns in their grand scheme. Be ready. Stay vigilant. Put your God, your State, and your Country and its citizens before all else. We must always defend freedom against all those who wish to destroy it. I WILL NEVER FORGET. 9/11 and the following years forever changed my life and shaped me into who I am today.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The cowardly bastards that carried out this attack...it still pisses me off. I'll never forget, but I will remain vigilant. I was a Deputy Sheriff at the time and was at the CCB that morning. I'll never forget how stunned and scared the looks were on peoples faces when the Mayor ordered the building be evacuated.
    Then almost a month later, my wife and I were married. The next day as we were leaving for our honeymoon, we heard the news report on the radio that we had gone to war in Afghanistan and the first attacks were underway.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Immediately after, swarms of people said "Never forget".
    Every holiday, esp. Memorial Day, & Veteran's Day the graveside ceremonies had thousands of people, bunches of speeches by politicians.

And now, 17 years later, "NEVER" has faded.
    Ceremonies have dozens, maybe a few score at best. Politicians are too busy. Well, at least one of those are NOT really missed.

I remember my memory fading back to a time when I was younger and NOT broken.
    Almost rushing to the recruiters, before I realized it would just be a joke. I was too broke. My specialty would take too long, and require too much $$ for them to retrain me. They don't take nukes and rush them through training. And it's cheaper to train a youngster, than a RETREAD.
    As I was realizing this, brother #1 was coming to the same conclusion, though not a nuke, he was more broke.
    Brother #2 was shuffled around this earth, to earn his pay, for country and king.
    Brother #3 regretted getting out. Trying different jobs, he realized the call was too great. His MOS didn't require years of training, he wasn't broke, he was still young. He was told at the recruiters, "You'll probably head to the front". His reply, "I'm counting on it!".
    Brother #4, well he never heard the call. The call is not for everyone. We never hold it against him. You do what you can, and you do it well. Don't be a square peg in a round hole.

Brother's 2 and 3 made it back safely.
    Myself and brother 1, only dreamed. Dreams of previous exploits. Dreams of what would be happening if we still mattered. Dreams of not being there, when the "S" hit the "F", like an old warhorse that hears the cannons, but must stay in the pasture.
    Memories of times past when the bugle called, like a Siren calling a sailor.

So, as the TV showed the carnage over and over, I really wasn't there watching it.
    Instead, I was "girding my loins", loading stores for 6 months "unsupported operations". Calling SUBRON6 for a last minute update on Engineering parts, pens, paper, copier paper, valves, etc. All the modern accruements to put a fellow man into the ground.
    So here I was.
    And there I was.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    It was just another September morning, loading up for a job in German Park. I was standing on the loading dock when a boss walked up and asked if we had heard about the accident. Replied no, he said a plane hit the WTC. We loaded in the trucks and headed out. Another crew stopped and picked up a portable TV, before heading to the job. We listened to the radio in the truck, on the road, as the second plane hit the other tower.

Never forget.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I can remember almost every minute of that day and most of that week. I was getting out of the shower and getting dressed when I saw the TV. My MIL was watching the news. I asked her what was happening. She said that they were talking about a plane or soming that had hit one of the trade center towers. It wasn't obvious at that point that it was an attach.

I got in my van to go to work and as I pulled in to the intersection the news had just announced the second hit. My wife was at the same intersection coming home from work. I looked at her face and another lady that was at the same intersection. Everyone had the same shocked look. I turned around and drove in behind my wife's car and she said she had just heard the news on the radio. She wanted to know WTF was going on. I figure the lady at the intersection must have just heard the same news we had.

The day got even worse after that. What a sad day. Days after I thought to myself "I wonder if this is how American felt after Pearl Harbor"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What still resonates with me today is the eerie silence. We had no concept of how much noise jets made because the sound was always there in the background. Then the FAA grounded ALL flights for days. Those days it was profoundly quiet. Until then, We had no idea that we could hear those jets even though we couldnt see them. The silence was profound. even living in the big city away from the airport (Near St Vincents hospital), walking outside the noise level difference was obvious.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    What still resonates with me today is the eerie silence. We had no concept of how much noise jets made because the sound was always there in the background. Then the FAA grounded ALL flights for days. Those days it was profoundly quiet. Until then, We had no idea that we could hear those jets even though we couldnt see them. The silence was profound. even living in the big city away from the airport (Near St Vincents hospital), walking outside the noise level difference was obvious.

I was at the Adam's Mark for another job and the silence was deafening.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was deep in the bowels of the machine room at a school on the south side doing some work to the big A/C chillers. Prepping them to be shut down. We would shut 1 down and run on the other until season end. I got a call from a life long friend that was an air traffic controller at the time (Retired now) and he asked if I had heard. I had not due to where I was at. He said go outside and look up. There was not 1 contrail in the sky. Not 1.

He ran down what they had just finished doing. Every plane in the sky was landed at the nearest air port. Just military in the air. I will never ever forget wave of motions. We all went to lunch and watched the 2nd plane impact. That was it. I went to the house. Filled up the truck and hit the money machine on the way. Got my family home. The lines at the gas stations around us went for blocks.

Never forget.

Top Bottom