• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s346k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    thought this would be relevant and hadn't seen it anywhere. i just changed my address. they will change your address in the system for free, but will charge you $20 if you want another permit sent to you with the updated address on it.

isp firearms licensing center fax number: 317-233-9730

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    I need to apply too, I found this resource that looks pretty valuable.

How to Apply for a Lifetime License to Carry a Handgun in Indiana - wikiHow

Was looking on this site and in step #9 it says you have to have your picture taken. When I last got my permit they did not take any pictures. Is it true that you have to have your picture taken or not. Also I think they should attach your handgun permit to your driver's licence(like they do with the motorcycle emdorcement) this would simplify showing your carry permit if you are stopped for a traffic infraction and it would help all the paperwork we have to put up with. stay safe

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    website

The website I referred to in my last post has corrected step #9 and taken out that a photo is required. stay safe

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Was looking on this site and in step #9 it says you have to have your picture taken. When I last got my permit they did not take any pictures. Is it true that you have to have your picture taken or not. Also I think they should attach your handgun permit to your driver's licence(like they do with the motorcycle emdorcement) this would simplify showing your carry permit if you are stopped for a traffic infraction and it would help all the paperwork we have to put up with. stay safe
    A photo is NOT required. There's actually quite a big stink about that going on in Evansville right now.

There are a few threads that discuss having your handgun permit attached to your driver's license. I think you'll find the general feeling here is No, but I might be wrong.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Nope, not wrong, Pami. I look at it this way: Do I want anyone who looks at my driver license to know I have a LTCH? For example, a clerk in a store on the rare occasions I write a check? My employer? The cop on the side of the road who has not asked to see it? No, I do not.

However, rather than :hijack:, I'll just say what I looked up this thread to add:

Apparently, the online LTCH app is available in nine counties now:

ALLEN
    BOONE
    CASS
    CLINTON
    HOWARD
    MARION
    MIAMI
    PORTER
    WELLS

and from what Tippecanoe sheriff Tracy Brown wrote in a note to me a while back, more on the way. Nine down, 82 to go!

Blessings,
    Bill

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Will a DUI in Illinois in 2003 keep me from being able to carry?

If its the only alcohol related offense you can carry. If you have had more than one depends on when the last conviction/treatment was.
    IC 35-47-1-2
    "Alcohol abuser"
    Sec. 2. "Alcohol abuser" means an individual who has had two (2) or more alcohol related offenses, any one (1) of which resulted in conviction by a court or treatment in an alcohol abuse facility within three (3) years prior to the date of the application.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Question: What's the number to call to ask the status on everything? I've been waiting to receive mine, and watching other people's send-off and reception dates. I feel like, possibly, my roommate threw it away without looking from the mail. Or it may have been lost.

I sent it around mid January. Soooo... I figure, I'm getting towards that time, and most people seem to have gotten theirs late Feb, early March if they applied when I did.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Upgrading to the lifetime permit

I cannot find where it specifies that if you have a standard four year permit you cannot apply for your lifetime permit at anytime that license is in effect. I read where people say you have to wait 90 days before you present license is due to expire. Anyone point me to the rule? :dunno:

Thanks

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I cannot find where it specifies that if you have a standard four year permit you cannot apply for your lifetime permit at anytime that license is in effect. I read where people say you have to wait 90 days before you present license is due to expire. Anyone point me to the rule? :dunno:

Thanks

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Had my appointment with the Columbus PD today to finish filling out the form and finger prints. The lady that did all the paper work was pretty quick and asked me all the questions to make sure we got them all. I was kinda glad they gave me the envelope and forms to mail myself so I know that it's not just sitting around in some box at the PD.

I've already marked 8 wks ahead on my calendar.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Someone tell me how off this is. I heard from a buddy of mine who lives in white county that the sheriff there told him after he applied and sent it to the state, that he could carry his handgun as long as he had his paperwork with him, until he recieved the official permit from state. He was told by sheriff's office to show the officer his paperwork if he was pulled over and he would be fine. This was his first time applying and it was for the LT permit. This same friend told me it took 2 weeks to recieve his permit from the day he mailed it to the state. I called my local county sheriff office and asked them, she said she hadn't heard that before, but that I would probably be OK! She said it would depend on the officer, and to not go out of the area. She also said technically your not legal till you have the little pink paper but you'd probably be ok. I dont think I'll risk it, but I wonder if anyone else has ever heard this before? I didnt want to start a whole new thread, since this does relate to this one, I just posted this here.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Someone tell me how off this is. I heard from a buddy of mine who lives in white county that the sheriff there told him after he applied and sent it to the state, that he could carry his handgun as long as he had his paperwork with him, until he recieved the official permit from state. He was told by sheriff's office to show the officer his paperwork if he was pulled over and he would be fine. This was his first time applying and it was for the LT permit. This same friend told me it took 2 weeks to recieve his permit from the day he mailed it to the state. I called my local county sheriff office and asked them, she said she hadn't heard that before, but that I would probably be OK! She said it would depend on the officer, and to not go out of the area. She also said technically your not legal till you have the little pink paper but you'd probably be ok. I dont think I'll risk it, but I wonder if anyone else has ever heard this before? I didnt want to start a whole new thread, since this does relate to this one, I just posted this here.

Yeah, don't do that. Until you've been granted your license, you are not a license holder. Your receipt is meaningless.

The ONLY time this is OK is when you're awaiting your renewal. If you apply for renewal within 30 days of your license expiration and the license expires before the renewal comes, you can carry on your expired license (plus application receipt) until the new one arrives.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I do permit apps for my jurisdiction. Send a PM and I'll send a phone # if you like, to answer ?.s.

That wiki said that if you had ben licensed before, you needed to provide the serial number. I had a license years ago, but have NO idea what my license number was, and only a rough idea of the years. How do I get around that?

Also, I live in Beech Grove - where do I go??

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You might want to call the ISP and ask them, I don't have the number, but maybe someone else can post it.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Took 5 weeks and 4 days to get a Lifetime carry and conceal.

Wow! I wonder why the majority of these permits take so long, yet a few slip through the cracks that only take a few weeks. Apparently they dont have to take 8-10 weeks. I personaly heard (this year mind you) two people tell me it took 2 weeks from the day it was mailed, for new lifetime permits. At least 3 other times, people told me it took 3 and 4 weeks. What the heck?:dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Online application adds new counties!

I just noticed today... New counties!

If you live in:
    ALLEN
    BARTHOLOMEW
    BOONE
    CASS
    CLINTON
    HENDRICKS
    HOWARD
    JACKSON
    JENNINGS
    MARION
    MIAMI
    PORTER
    WELLS

county, you may apply online for your LTCH, saving you some paperwork time when you go in for your fingerprints.

The site is Application for Handgun License.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom