• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I've been wearing my BioBelt for a couple of month now. I officially declare it the best belt I've ever worn.
    • The come in my size
    • They are stiffer than the current offering of the Wilderness instrutor's belt with the polymer liner
    • They do not fray
    • They do no absorb sweat or anything else
    • They do not stretch
    • I can wear it loose or tight (I wear suspenders too) with no issues holding my gear
    • They are reasonably priced
    • They are made in Indiana

Win.

I'd like to see them in more colors (brown and tan) and with a more subdued buckle.

It doesn't bother you having to having to use a conventional buckle and not having the infinite adjustability of a slider buckle and Velcro?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Agrees, hard to beat the quality or the price.

Indeed!

Got mine about the same time you got yours and you are absolutely right!!!

You are clearly an erudite and perceptive individual.

It doesn't bother you having to having to use a conventional buckle and not having the infinite adjustability of a slider buckle and Velcro?

That's what I thought at first! However, it's actually more adjustable in a functional way than my Wilderness belts. You can't pick a length between the holes, but there are a lot of holes. If you change your gear setup, gain or lose weight, you're still in business. For instance, my daily carry uses the third hole. When I take off most of my stuff for a match, I use the 5th or 6th hole. The Wilderness belt has a much smaller range from the largest to the smallest it will go. You are blocked by the buckle to go smaller than a couple of inches less than the max. And if I need to do so in the future, I can punch more holes in this belt and cut the end to shorten. No can do with a Wilderness belt.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    That's what I thought at first! However, it's actually more adjustable in a functional way than my Wilderness belts. You can't pick a length between the holes, but there are a lot of holes. If you change your gear setup, gain or lose weight, you're still in business. For instance, my daily carry uses the third hole. When I take off most of my stuff for a match, I use the 5th or 6th hole. The Wilderness belt has a much smaller range from the largest to the smallest it will go. You are blocked by the buckle to go smaller than a couple of inches less than the max. And if I need to do so in the future, I can punch more holes in this belt and cut the end to shorten. No can do with a Wilderness belt.

Thank you my friend. Maybe I shall give one a try.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you my friend. Maybe I shall give one a try.

They're certainly a good option if you have to dress for occasions when a nylon strap belt won't be presentable. Not as spiffy as a leather belt (in good condition), but good enough, methinks.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I ordered mine 4 inches larger and it was all good.

Actually, I probably should of went with the 2 inches. Mine came today and I wouldn't mind if it was a bit shorter. Other than that very nice. This thing is stiffer than a wedding night pr............well its stiff. Plan on wearing it everyday to give it a good testing.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I figured if it's good enough for a Rhino, it's good enough for me. So, I received my belt last night. I bought it to replace my aging Crossbreed belt. I also have a Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch that I use occasionally. This belt is awesome. It's thinner than my Crossbreed and stiffer than both of them. With my Crossbreed I had to lower my Raven VG2 to the lowest riding position in order to prevent my G19/G26 from flopping out since I carry AIWB. At this ride-height it makes it slightly harder to draw. However, with this belt I'm able to raise the ride height and still not have either gun flop out (which is particularly problematic with the G26).

This belt is excellent value for the money. Sure, you could get a shark-skin belt with a buckle made from unicorn horns but why pay more?

The sizing instructions worked perfectly for me (pant size +4 inches). The BioBelt ended up being the exact same length as my Crossbreed.

Top Bottom