• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here it is at 19:50 (total runtime 25 minutes).

10zr8dz.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Since there is all this MicroStream love, let me update my experiences:

I was with esrice quite a while ago, singing my love of the MS. Great light, price, size, etc. Ended up buying several, gave a few as gifts, got one as a gift, really used the heck out of them. One of mine I carried in my back wallet pocket and the little rubber gasket over the tailcap ripped open. I sent an email to the mfg, requesting the replacement part to fix mine. They emailed back promptly, sent the part quickly, problem solved.

Since then I have two lights that won't light, period. I am guessing it's the bulbs, even though I haven't abused them. New batteries, use of a known tailcap, nothing fixed either one. Two emails to the mfg, several months apart, both went unanswered. I love these lights and want them warrantied. I wonder if there was a problem in a production run bc the two bad ones were bought at the same time. Seems strange that both would have bad bulbs but we'll never know, since Customer Service won't reply.

So, here's the score: Great light. Period. Customer service, one good experience, one bad. I certainly wouldn't tell you NOT to buy one, but be aware that service may be spotty.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    They ran for a while, then died. I am certain that they both have different total hours on them, but neither lasted a long time. My main one ran many total hours and is still working.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I had one that I sold a customer not work when he received it. Now I check them before they go out. If they do not light up in the package I ship a different one. So far that one is the only one I have gotten that did not work.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here it is at 21:20 (total runtime 115 minutes).

2s8irvd.jpg

Battery failed after 1 hour and 55 minutes of constant runtime.

Of note, the light output stayed constant the entire time. There was no "dying" like you normally see with battery-operated lights.

I would expect slightly longer times with higher quality batteries.

So there you have it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Cool! I've found, several times now, I'll accidentally turn my lights on when I sit down. I've already drained one battery doing this.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    That makes me think more of bad electronics than bad LEDs, as they are just about indestructible. Maybe some connection came loose? :dunno:

That's possible. I've done all that a typical user is able, to no avail. I am holding on to them, figure one of these days I will email again or try to find a phone number... harder to shake a customer off when they are on the phone.

I don't know if they have durability issues or if it is just me, but I've had 3 with one issue or another. I doubt I use them any harder than normal. Heaven only knows what a mechanic or construction worker would put them through.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Cool! I've found, several times now, I'll accidentally turn my lights on when I sit down.

Do you have them clipped in your pocket like a folding knife? How do you accidentally actuate it from the top?

I bought one of these off cwood before they were "cool" :@ya:

Not possible, as I made them cool and then told Cwood he should carry them. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Do you have them clipped in your pocket like a folding knife? How do you accidentally actuate it from the top?

Not possible, as I made them cool and then told Cwood he should carry them. :D

Yea it's clipped to my pocket like a knife. And the button is kind of sticking out. So when I sit, the material of my jeans push the switch on.

Happens to my streamlight and my Nitecore.

Top Bottom